Billy Sharp.

General chat about anything else goes here.
Plymouth Gull

Billy Sharp.

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Massive respect to this guy tonight. His son passed away on Saturday, just two days old. Tragedy.

Captaining the side tonight. A credit to his family and his profession.
Kinky John Fowler
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Kinky John Fowler »

NickGull wrote:Massive respect to this guy tonight. His son passed away on Saturday, just two days old. Tragedy.

Captaining the side tonight. A credit to his family and his profession.
Good shout NickGull, and he has scored as well, stronger man than me.

Feel very sorry for him, his family and the poor little lad.

Puts things into perspective.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Indeed, KJF.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Much stronger man than me. Massive respect for the guy. I hope they can all pull through...
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Massive respect and thoughts to Billy and his family. So tragic, his son died at the age of 2 days!

The Picture showing when Billy Sharp scored tonight, and in celebration of his goal he took off his Doncaster shirt and showed his other shirt underneath saying "That's for you son." (The Ref did not book him for this). This picture and the thought of what he and his family are going through makes me really sad.

R.I.P Little Man x
Attachments
313566_10150368372965945_235786540944_8417237_1958902292_n.jpg
313566_10150368372965945_235786540944_8417237_1958902292_n.jpg (23.07 KiB) Viewed 797 times
Last edited by Colorado Gull on 02 Nov 2011, 17:15, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

At least the ref did the sensible thing, I can't imagine what he's going through
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Cant imagine what the family are going through right now, best wishes to them.
Formerly known as forevertufc
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

That's bloody terrible. Does anyone know the circumstances of the little man's passing? It won't make it any easier, but if you know the child is unlikely to survive beyond a few days, at least it's not a complete surprise. It's all rather reminiscent of Scotty Rendell two (I think) years ago at Christmas. So sad.

Well done also to the ref for not issuing a pointless yellow (unlike the man who booked the 15 year old at the weekend).

That's a bloody haunting picture Danny, when one considers that, most often, shirts of that nature are in celebration of achievements.

Matt.

Quick Edit to say that the referee was our favourite Mr Deadman.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

huge respect to Billy Sharp, and thoughts and best wishes with him and his family at what must be a devastating time.

and echoing Matt's comment, well done to the ref for showing, not just common sense, but understanding and compassion.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Whilst reading this I have my little boy on my lap. It's made me hug him that bit tighter and think how bloody lucky we are.

My thoughts go out to the little boy's family and I'm sure wherever he is, he's very proud of his dad. He may have only lived two days but he will be very much loved and now very much missed. Best wishes to Billy Sharp and his family.
DonnyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Halstead

Post by DonnyGull »

I went to the game with my son, both sets of fans observed an impeccable minutes applause and Billy Sharp's goal was a superb and fitting tribute to his son - which was acknowledged not only by his adoring Donny fans, but by Middlesborough fans too.

R.I.P. Luey Jacob Sharp