Friday's opponents, Port Vale FC

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Friday's opponents, Port Vale FC

Post by ferrarilover »

Are in a spot of bother, it would seem...

Go here >>> http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Registering only takes 10 seconds (you can't post, but for this, you need only read). Have a look around, it seems they are proper up the creek without a paddle and that, among other things, they might be in administration by the time they play us and that the £5 ticket offer is merely a way of papering over the cracks of dwindling crowds and the looming spectre of death.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Didn't realise that they were in any sort of trouble. Good news for us. They have a game this evening. They will be proper puffed out come Friday.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
dazgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jean-Pierre Simb

Post by dazgull »

Just lost 1-0 to Grimsby, that wont help!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

If you can lose to the codheads then you really ARE shite! Town are shocking! Comfortable win for the Gulls on friday then.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Steve23
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Steve23 »

ferrarilover wrote:Are in a spot of bother, it would seem...

Go here >>> http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Registering only takes 10 seconds (you can't post, but for this, you need only read). Have a look around, it seems they are proper up the creek without a paddle and that, among other things, they might be in administration by the time they play us and that the £5 ticket offer is merely a way of papering over the cracks of dwindling crowds and the looming spectre of death.

Matt.
Trust me I'm a Vale fan (as well as Torquay of course) and that website is nothing to go on, its full of absolute idiots! The club isn't in the best of situations but it's not like that site makes out... In fact a lot of the problems we're in are partly down to SOME the idiots on that site who like to jump on the bandwagon with each other and do nothing but moan and rip the club apart. They came up with genius plan over the summer of 'Starve them out' whereby they didn't buy season tickets in order to remove the old board due to financial problems! Well the old board has gone and now look at who is moaning about the money situation.

Sorry about the rant but enter that site with caution! :@
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Wow, thanks for that Steve, certainly no need to apologise, it's good to know that it's not all true. What can't lie, however, is their abysmal recent record, including yesterday's defeat at the hands of Grimsby. As for Grimsby, they are not a good side. 16th in the Conference, negative goal difference, no win in 5, no clean sheet in 12, totally reliant upon two (maybe three) players for all their goals, and they go and stiff Friday's mob, dear oh dear.

Matt.
Steve23
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Steve23 »

That true Matt and unfortunately I cant deny any of that! I had a feeling we would lose tonight and indeed I fear that not only the squad currently weakened by injury but the actual whole squad might not be the amazing team that the fans believed it was at the start of the season. It seems that although the majority of the team saw us climb to top spot in the first half of last season is still here, that the following disaster of the next 6 months under Jim Gannon et al still hangs over us and the return of Micky Adams may have deluded a lot of people into thinking that we would emulate what we had before however as you quite rightly point out we are actually up the creek. I fully expect a Gulls win at the weekend, which of course I won't be too upset about unless of course it turns out to be a cricket score (quite possible) oh and the predicable influx of mates texting and phoning me all weekend! Good god I hate these games!
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

At least PV didn't lose to an "Evo Stick" team Steve. :whistle:
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

This is the sort of game that worrys me. A team that are struggling and we go there to confident, seen it all before. They have to pick up at some point, like our 8/9 games without a win is now a 5 game winning streak. Who says they wont go out on friday beat us well and go on a run themselfs.

Of course were on some great form and would love it to continue but when a club is down there not always beaten. Obviously its a good time to play them while there not on form, but after there loss to grimsby last night they could come out and try put things right.

We all know what i just said, but everyone shouldnt be to confident as its football and torquay are involved. But COYY lets put 7 past them :rofl:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

This is absolutely right Bretty, but I'd certainly much rather be us than them going into this match, all a team can do is win its matches.

Matt.