Aston Villa

General chat about anything else goes here.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Aston Villa

Post by usagullmichigan »

Do you think Villa will will be happy with that draw? Its away so could be a big money game for them. I expect they will hoping for draw against that quality team that have drawn.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

The best they can hope is taking them back to villa park, but if Bristol score at all i can't see a way into the game for that Premier League side.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Well yeah, I'm sure it would have been even if he'd been with Wisbeach Rangers given the draw he got in all three rounds.

Why is it that we beat L1 side after L1 side, year after year, only to be "rewarded" in the third round with a boring Championship side, yet Bristol Useless turn over two pub teams and get the Villa?

I know it's a random draw, but it doesn't half feel like a kick in the balls at times.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

ferrarilover wrote:Well yeah, I'm sure it would have been even if he'd been with Wisbeach Rangers given the draw he got in all three rounds.

Why is it that we beat L1 side after L1 side, year after year, only to be "rewarded" in the third round with a boring Championship side, yet Bristol Useless turn over two pub teams and get the Villa?

I know it's a random draw, but it doesn't half feel like a kick in the balls at times.

Matt.
The bitterness from you guys, is absolutely laughable.

If you would of beaten a non league side last season then you would of got to have played at Old Trafford twice in one season, but you didn't did you?

Moan, moan, moan, is all you lot seem to do!!

Chin up, you are 6 points above that huge, massive club Bristol Rovers in the league, it's not all bleak you know :~D
Last edited by BritishGAS on 06 Dec 2011, 14:55, edited 1 time in total.
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

BritishGAS wrote: The bitterness from you guys, is absolutely laughable.

If you would of beaten a non league side last season then you would of got to have played at Old Trafford twice in one season, but you didn't did you?

Chin up, you are 6 points above that huge, massive club Bristol Rovers in the league, it's not all bleak you know :~D
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

BritishGAS wrote:
We're not bitter, we just love to have a moan (something you Rovers lot also seem to know about =D ). Anyway, you can have the Cup run, if we take the League... ;-)
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Do we now?

I'm sure I could come up with plenty of posts from your own forums that make us look deliriously happy.

You signed our better players but they're shite, you took our manager but he's shite too, we're just tinpot Torquay but hey look, we're 6 points above you and keep popping up on your forums moaning at how miserable you all are ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Come on BG, I conceded in my original post that it's a random draw, thereby indicating that, rather than genuine malice or bitterness, I was simply pointing out the irony of the situation.

As for "if you'd have beaten Crawley Town..."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 690762.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
gasrex
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by gasrex »

EEErgh, I've just realised I will have to cheer on Crawley Town in the next round.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

First off - it's "would have", not "would of" - I know, it's pedantic, but that drives me mad.

Second - we wouldn't have got Man Utd at all because the balls in the 4th round onwards are done alphabetically, therefore had we progressed we'd have been a different numbered ball to that which was given to Crawley.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.