'Howe' was that a red?!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tufcfans
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Eunan!

'Howe' was that a red?!

Post by tufcfans »

Don't get why he got a red for that tackle, seems unreasonable to be fair. Just hope the club appeal.
Do you think they will? IMO he is such a big asset to the squad at the moment.
Torquay United Online Newspaper (Torquay United Fans Daily) http://www.paper.li/TUFCFANS/1309719474 and other online newspapers here: http://paper.li/~/publisher/674697#
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 124065.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Look at where the ball was as Howe made contact. He was well late. Definite foul. Look at his reaction immediately after, if he didn't think he'd committed a foul he wouldn't have immediately protested his innocence.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Southampton Gull wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 124065.stm

Look at where the ball was as Howe made contact. He was well late. Definite foul. Look at his reaction immediately after, if he didn't think he'd committed a foul he wouldn't have immediately protested his innocence.
I agree with you that Howe deserved a red for his reckless tackle. However, i will never criticise a player for failing to complain to the referee. He did well so walk away from the situation. If you're red carded, there is no way protesting will save you.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

Completely agree that it was a definite penalty. The ball is miles away and Howe has clearly stamped down on the player. Red card was completely deserved and I think Rene seems like he can have a bit of a temper on him, something that maybe in the 4 games he sits out he should have a think about.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

TUFC92 wrote:Completely agree that it was a definite penalty. The ball is miles away and Howe has clearly stamped down on the player. Red card was completely deserved and I think Rene seems like he can have a bit of a temper on him, something that maybe in the 4 games he sits out he should have a think about.
It was a bad tackle, but not sure if it was a penalty!! :red:
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

stevegull wrote: It was a bad tackle, but not sure if it was a penalty!! :red:
Especially when it was nearer the half way line than the penalty box!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

What's the matter with your eyes you lot?! He waits for the bloke to take the ball then stamps on him, in the gut, with both feet, he's lucky there isn't a card up from red. One of the worst axles I've seen from a man in yellow, and it we deliberate.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
dazgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jean-Pierre Simb

Post by dazgull »

Its a red card offence. If the same thing happens in front of the popside to one of ours we would be baying for a red card too. No point even considering appealing as you only have a couple anyway, plus you have to pay costs and we wont do that unless we are certain it will get turned over. This is the problem with Howe, he is a big player for us but we know that he is going to spend time through the season suspended. He seems easily wound up so may not be the last, a pity when he is on form he is unplayable at times and could score plenty for us.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Dean Winnard tackles Rene, wins the ball, Rene trips over Winnard's legs. Unintentional, accidental. No foul.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Gullscorer wrote:Dean Winnard tackles Rene, wins the ball, Rene trips over Winnard's legs. Unintentional, accidental. No foul.

You ain't seeing it and you certaintly ain't getting it !

RED CARD :red:

During pre season, there was no indication that Rene would be a "red card" problem, I thought that would go to Taiwo. Chance now for the Kenyan enigma to earn what O'Kane, Manse and Nico have earned.
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Gullscorer wrote:Dean Winnard tackles Rene, wins the ball, Rene trips over Winnard's legs. Unintentional, accidental. No foul.

He doesn't tackle him at all. Rene wasn't even there when he played the ball. Look at where the ball was when Howe first made contact with him.
Dave

TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

:rofl: someone get me a taxi for that mistake?

As pointed out, should of said red card not penalty! But whoever is saying that Rene was the player who was tackled, what highlights are you watching?!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I'm not arguing any more. I'm right. I always am.

Even when I'm wrong.

And I'm not saying I'm wrong.

So there.. :na:
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

At first, I didnt think it was a red card, but on second inspection, it definitely was. He does stamp on the player and unfortunately for us, we now face four tough matches without him.

Sorry Rene, its a :red: from me.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!