Promotion t-shirts

General chat about anything else goes here.
Scottish Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Manse

Promotion t-shirts

Post by Scottish Gull »

Good evening how we all doing?

Would anybody be interested in promotion t-shirts with the slogan 'GULLS PROMOTION PARTY 2012' on them?

I've made a few inquiries up here in Edinburgh and I can get 100 tshirts @£4.80/shirt!

They would obviously be yellow with black or blue writing on the front!!

Also if you wanted to personalise your top (like i would) its around an extra couple quid tops!!

For Example

Front of Shirt

GULLS
PROMOTION
PARTY

Back of shirt (personalisation)

Scottish Gull

What do you all think? or is this a complete :red:

:scarf: :scarf:
DJAF
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Sounds interesting, any chance you could get a pic of what this shirt would look like?
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I'd have one Scottish. Must be a XXXL though ;-) :lol:

It's a good idea mate.

How did you do your avatar by the way as i want to do mine like that but haven't got a clue how to do it. Could you help?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Steady, I seem to remember 87/88 needing just 1 point from the last 2 games for automatic promotion, a t-shirt coming out with something along the lines of "the gulls winging thier way into div.3" appearing which quite a few brought, things went badly wrong in the end.
Formerly known as forevertufc
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

Agree with forever, think it is way too soon to be thinking about things like this. If we blow it then we'll look like absolute tits. Just wait, if we've secured promotion then fair enough but until then, no, too soon.
Scottish Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Scottish Gull »

Steve - I'll try my best to get a pic up

Andy - lol brilliant and I'll pm you buddy

Forever and TUFC - i know this seems premature but a bulk order takes the company 2-3 weeks to do and also I respect your position on this, i dont want to overstep the mark i thought it was a good idea, and i should've described the thinking behind this so on that front I apologize. I should have asked for numbers and then take it from there!
DJAF
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I meant it's a good idea.............................so long as we get promoted! :na:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Scottish Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Scottish Gull »

Very true................................mind you i dont mind looking like a dafty
DJAF
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

It is a good idea, I think wait to see how the league table looks after Barnet away/Accrington home, we will have a fair idea by then as to whether, the team are going up or not, and would still cover the 2-3 week lead time.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I hate things like this. I seem to recall Exeter had some made for their Johnstones Paint final appearance, although they lost to Brentford and never made it to Wembley. We've achieved nothing yet so sorry if you think I'm a killjoy but count me out.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

I realise a bit of planning needs to be done in advance for this sort of thing. But we need to cater for everyone & the significant number of pessimists among our fan base make up a potentially lucrative market also.

Therefore I'm considering placing an order for some 'TUFC - We didn't want to go up anyway' T shirts. I believe they have a back print with the slogan 'League 2 feels like home'.

Difficult to judge how well they'll sell, but I've already had an enquiry from Brucie ;-)
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I seem to agree with SG on this one, I mean you can just see it can't you. We get goodness knows how many t-shirts saying "We are going up", or something like that and we don't get promoted. If we do really well and are automatically promoted before the last game of the season (Hereford Away) then it's a great idea. But other than that it's not a very wise proposition, IMHO.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Scottish Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Scottish Gull »

no probs just throwing it outthere
DJAF
lovinthatsurf
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: mansell

Post by lovinthatsurf »

well id like one!!! i have faith...dave and the doubters are just grumpy pants!
in vino veritas
fallaces sunt rerum species
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Premature, but a good idea.