Michael Nardiello

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Michael Nardiello

Post by stevegull »

According to his twitter ( http://x.com/#!/nards99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) he is turning out for our ressies against Argyle.

From what i can see he has dropped down the football pyramid somewhat and has most recently played for Tiverton. I think he plays up front and has previously been on trial for Argyle, but they turned him away.

Thoughts on this one, anyone?
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I'd wondered if this would ever happen. I seem to recall that after his fairly major surgery Colin Lee told him to go away and get some game time before we would have a look at him. Maybe that offer still stood.

Rarely does a game go by without him hitting the net for Tivvy. O.k so that's at a pretty low level, but he was once a big deal before he got diagnosed with some back/pelvic misalignment which scuppered his career.

Given his previous career, he's definitely worth looking at to see if he's still got it. If he has, he could be a very cheap and effective solution to our forward-line problems.

No harm in trialling him with the ressies
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Is he a relation to the Nardiello we have in the youth squad?
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
clemy1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Wroe

Post by clemy1989 »

Yes mike is Robs older brother. Son of Gerry and cousin of daniel who is at exeter. I used to play at youth level with mike from u9's through to u15 level. Always wanted him to sign for tqy but he said he never would before. We shall see
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Played right wing, alright, but nothing special. Wouldn't, on the strength of that showing, be looking to him as a first teamer.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"