Ling for nominations?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Ling for nominations?

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Read in the Daily Mail today about nominations for the League Managers' Association Manager Of The Year and they came up with the usual Premiership names like Sir Alex, Brendan Rodgers, Paul Lambert, Alan Pardew and David Moyes. Not a lower league manager in sight.

Bearing in mind the managers themselves are asked to nominate their candidates from across all 4 divisions based on the criteria of, 'WHO HAS MADE BEST USE OF HIS RESOURCES'.

Martin Ling should be in the top 10 of this list surely to God as he hasn't got any resources yet we sit 2nd in League 2 only a handful of games away from securing a massively unlikely promotion. It would interesting to find out if all the Premiership managers vote for other Premiership managers AND if lower league bosses also vote for lower league bosses. Either way i strongly feel that the job Martin has done on less than a shoestring deserves recognition by not just the media but also other people in the game who 'know' football.

Sadly though i feel the Premiership will rule as lots of people in the PL know very little about League 2 and don't really WANT to know about league 2. Brendan Rodgers has done a good job in keeping Swansea up but he has spent £8.45 million which in contrast to other Prem teams is peanuts; however, Martin Ling has done a miraculous job having not only achieved the pre-season remit of consolidation but a guaranteed play off spot ( not mathematical but no probs) BUT ALSO sitting 2nd with automatic promotion very much a reality. He has spent nothing in contrast to other teams like Shrewsbury, Bradford, Crawley, Swindon et al.

MARTIN DESERVES VOTES!!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.