Evans for Rotherham?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Steve Evans - Rotherham Manager?

Post by Richinns »

I see he is 1/4 fave for the job.
http://www.oddschecker.com/football/foo ... nt-manager" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This could be key if it happens soon. A change at Crawley could have a big effect on their playing form (one way or another). Most likely it would have a negative effect which could be good news for us, Shrewsbury and Southend.

Of course it could be this would happen at the end of the season or not at all but worth noting and keeping an eye on.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Not so sure about this one, can't say I know much about Rotherham as a club, are Rotherham the sort of club that would look at Evans past and background, and would that pevent them as a club appointing Evan's, or would they just look at him as a football manager.

Are they the sort of club that would take on board the views of thier fan's, seems to be mixed feelings about Evan's becoming thier manager.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tn ... 2115023788" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Formerly known as forevertufc
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Whoever gets the Rotherham job will be sacked within six months if they remain mid-table or lower. Football managers need far more time than that, whatever their budget, to build a squad capable of achieving success. But many club owners, not to mention the fans, are much too impatient these days.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

So do Rotherham have money now?
I would be surprised to see Evans leave his cushy job at Crawley. And annoyed, I don't mind Rotherham - don't want to start hating them just 'cos he's in charge...
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

I don't really get why some of the Rotherham fans are so excited about his appointment. Even if you're able to ignore the fact that he's a pretty loathsome excuse for a man, his record isn't that great - getting Boston promoted by paying the most money, getting Crawley promoted by paying the most money, and getting Crawley into the League 2 play-off spots by paying most money. Surely Rotherham's ambitions extend upwards, so why would they hire a guy who has never manager higher than League 2, and never got a team promoted from it?
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Wouldn't you be excited if you knew your manager would make your clubs millions overnight?!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Maybe Rotherham HAVE got money, they certainly have a nice new stadium on the way which i shall be passing on saturday en route to a mate in Rotherham. It will be good to see how it's taking shape. Evans will go if he is offered the right terms as he has no scruples or loyalty. We all know the bookies get these new manger markets horrendously wrong on a regular basis but 1/4 is very short.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

I'd be happy if he went to Rotherham, because it would certainly destabilise Crawley and benefit the Gulls. Please go today Fatty! No doubt he would take Cheat with him. In no time at all Rotherham would become a pariah among League Two clubs, Evans would continue with his horrible style and Crawley will probably do what we all predict and go into freefall.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Further update here:
http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football ... -1-4418983" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seems Evans was already throwing his hat in the ring before the previous manager was sacked! If offered it - he would go.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Well ladies and gents,

reports in some of the press 'oop north suggets that the fatty eyeliner wearing cheat evans is in the frame for the

rotherham job.

dear oh dear. a nice new stadium and him. god help them.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Old news SNW!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

NickGull wrote:Old news SNW!
:Oops:

thought id seen it somewhere else nick...................... :Oops: =D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Gulliball »

Seems to have been confirmed, very strange timing.

I wonder how this will affect Crawley over the last 6 games?
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Where?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Gulliball »

Talk has picked up tonight, apparently the Crawley players have already been told and it will be confirmed tomorrow.

It'll be interesting to see if he wanted to leave now rather than 6 games time, or whether he was forced to by Crawley. In hindsight we should have done that with Buckle last April.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats