Crawley v Northampton

General chat about anything else goes here.
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Crawley v Northampton

Post by jonnyfive »

Really, really hoping the Cobblers can do us a favour tonight. Like many others, I have an inkling that Shrewsbury will just steamroller their way to 2nd place (and good luck to them; a well set-up club that has been knocking on the door for a few seasons now).

Aidy Boothroyd will put some fire in the bellies of NTFC, and like a saddo, I plan to listen in on Player!

http://www.ntfc.co.uk/page/PreMatch/0,, ... 13,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Interesting to hear Jake Robinson wants to save his season and possibly his job, lets hope he scores a few. On the betting front Crawley where 4/9 on sat, they are now 1/2. Not much of a change but at least the bookies have widened the odds of a home win. Northampton on sat where 5/1, now 9/2
Lucy
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

Paddy Power give 11/2 against a Northampton win... I am sure this qualifies as betting with the heart rather than the head though!
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

I am also going to be listening to Player tonight whilst watching Holby City :)
It was either that or go and see Paradise Lost (heavy metal band) in Southampton, who have seen before, but I was more interested on what happens at Crawley tonight.

Just noticed, bit slow and dim I know, but everyone has been saying it is funny that potentially Swindon could win the league next week in an empty stadium at Gillingham....... just noticed if Shrews draw and Swindon win, they can actually win it tonight.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Awayday wrote:I am also going to be listening to Player tonight whilst watching Holby City :)
As a man, you probably shouldn't admit to this... Ever!

I don't care what the score is in this one, as long as Northampton tear them a new one!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by AlexGulls »

Awayday wrote:I am also going to be listening to Player tonight whilst watching Holby City :)
It was either that or go and see Paradise Lost (heavy metal band) in Southampton, who have seen before, but I was more interested on what happens at Crawley tonight.

Just noticed, bit slow and dim I know, but everyone has been saying it is funny that potentially Swindon could win the league next week in an empty stadium at Gillingham....... just noticed if Shrews draw and Swindon win, they can actually win it tonight.
I'll also be listening on Player tonight....And not watching Holby City.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Awayday »

The wife and I both work for the NHS, so we sit there moaning about NHS protocol. The wife is an estates manager, so she moans about the type of flooring and how dirty the walls are, and I deal with patient data, so I moan about how patient screens are on view in public areas etc breaching patient confiedntiality rules.

Also the Russian girl in it is lovely!!!!!
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Awayday »

AlexGulls wrote: I'll also be listening on Player tonight....And not watching Holby City.
We all know you have SKY+ "In the Night Garden" ready for tonight ;-)...... sorry couldn't resist
jocktheknife
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Nicho

Post by jocktheknife »

lucy6lucy wrote:Interesting to hear Jake Robinson wants to save his season and possibly his job, lets hope he scores a few.
Don't hold your breath!

4 games to go and he hasn't even got off the mark for them yet!!!

Doing my utmost to tempt fate here
:whistle:
....aka jmgull.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by AlexGulls »

Awayday wrote: We all know you have SKY+ "In the Night Garden" ready for tonight ;-)...... sorry couldn't resist
Australian Junior Masterchef actually :whistle:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Awayday wrote:The wife and I both work for the NHS, so we sit there moaning about NHS protocol. The wife is an estates manager, so she moans about the type of flooring and how dirty the walls are, and I deal with patient data, so I moan about how patient screens are on view in public areas etc breaching patient confiedntiality rules.

Also the Russian girl in it is lovely!!!!!
Haha, you joke, but I know someone who actually does this.

Anyone got a Player login they're not using?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Rach
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Rach »

oooh I have seen paradise lost before at Sonsiphere
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

In my honest opinion, I think the best we can expect is a draw. Northampton were awful on saturday and Crawley even with 10 men seemed to dominate most of the play against AFC Wimbledon on saturday. (Going by stats on bbc website)

COME ON YOU COBBLERS!!!
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

COME ON YOU COBBLERS!! Do us a massive favour tonight please!!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Confident start from Cobblers, three shots in 10 mins, all in target.

Matt.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."