Ellis to Argyle?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Ellis to Argyle?

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

According to Sunday Independent likelihood that Ellis will be going to the Gargs-is a lifelong supporter;as are family,comes from Kingsbridge(originally) and Gargs probably in position to offer him more than we are prepared to pay.
Indy also said that Yeovil are likely to lose Andy Williams to Swindon who are prepared to pay him £5,000 a week!
Last edited by Behind-the-Gulls on 21 May 2012, 10:30, edited 1 time in total.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Ling seemed confident he would be staying regardless of the outcomes of the playoffs so would be disappointing if this was the case.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Yes, Martin Ling said , Mark Elis has given an indication to both him and the board he is looking to stay with Torquay, of course as said before and we well know untill the ink is dry that does not mean a thing.

Considering he is about to marry a Bolton lass I would say it's more likely if he moves on it will be up north , rarther than further south.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Nigel Walrond who reported this is the Gargs Correspondent at the Indy and WMN,so will have reliable sources at the Club which will suggest this story is an accurate one.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Lets hope Argyle get stung for a large amount then at tribunal, if Carayol can provide a windfall of what was it 30 or 40 k after a handful of appearances, Ellis notching 100+ after 5 years must be £ ker ching.
TUST #324
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

reckon hes easily replaceable, great when hes in the zone but prone to some hot headed moments and misjudgements
still keeping the faith
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Nope, not having this, I'd be about 95% confident this isn't the case. I'm aware that members of the Ellis clan have a look on here occasionally, I'm hoping that this gets back to him and he laughs his socks off. Mark isn't stupid, he knows the score, sure, Plymouth MIGHT be a big club down here next year, but then so are about 12 others. There are now so many clubs in L2 either with money or size who all think they should be in the top 3/7, not all of them will fit so someone is guaranteed to miss out.

Bradford
Bristol Rovers
Northampton
Rotherham
Fleetwood
Crewe (if they don't go up)
Oxford
Plymouth
Gillingham
Southend

There's 10 (or 11) clubs who all feel they 'deserve' at least a playoff place. That excludes the relegated L1 clubs. Add in a couple of plucky underdogs (us, potentially) and you're talking about well over half the division who think it is going to be their year. To move from one L2 club to another does almost nothing for your chances of success.

Not a team in the country is on the league form we are over the last 5 years, four playoffs and two finals (as well as a Trophy final). Thats more success (relative success, of course 1 FA Cup is worth 10 Trophies, but then, it's all relative) than any other club in the FA and probably in Europe (with the possible exception of the Spanish giants).

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
londongull63
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by londongull63 »

numpte wrote:Lets hope Argyle get stung for a large amount then at tribunal, if Carayol can provide a windfall of what was it 30 or 40 k after a handful of appearances, Ellis notching 100+ after 5 years must be £ ker ching.
If only. Carayol was sold by Lincoln to Bristol Rovers for somewhere between 30 and 50k. Our cut we thought was 10k which Lincoln were refusing to pay. Would be interesting to know if Lincoln were on for a cut from Rovers when they sell, as Rovers now value him at 250K minimum and if part of Lincoln's sale deal renumeration involved a cut, then surely we are entitled to part of that - however if they refuse to pay that's another matter.
That's why sell-ons are such a risky waste of time in my view. I'm not 100% certain on this one, but I do know we were on for a payment for Akinfenwa if Swansea got promoted. He played part of their promotion season, was injured for part, but I think they sold him before their final game, so we got sweet FA for their promotion even though he contributed towards it.
I just hope if Eunan goes, I'd rather have 400K in the bank, than 200k with some pipedream that if he went for a million one day we'd get another 500K, as with players going for next to nothing as the clock ticks away to the end of contracts and relegations/promotions/injuries all meaning the sale price may not reflect the player's value, this hope of a future windfall can go very wrong. (perhaps there' might be tax reasons for trying to spread the money so you don't make a big profit in one tax year)
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

The good thing about loans from the Directors is that you can always offset profit against loan repayments.

HMRC should get minimal tax. Token gesture like.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
knh31667
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: dave caldwell

Post by knh31667 »

if he leaves,he'll be heading north,not further south
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

knh31667 wrote:if he leaves,he'll be heading north,not further south

Since Argyle is the only club south of us, that's not much of a shout, but ok.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

ellis been given 28 days to decide if he wants to stay or seek new pastures

its been on the table for ages, guess it'd be a two year one on improved wages?

hope he stays, but hes another one that we could make some money on, altho i cant see him being capable of playing much higher than at present?

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 13,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
still keeping the faith
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Off to Argyle then.
TUST member 328
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

How much would a tribunal set for Mark Ellis? Given that he's been here for four years permanently (aged 19-23), as well as the season before on loan, and we have provided 100% of his professional appearances and development, with previous offers from L1 clubs to put on the table, we have a very strong case to push the compensation into six figures.

This is a club who barely six months ago paid back £0.007 (less than a penny) of every pound owed to their previous creditors, but are now going to pay a big transfer fee for a player - bigger than our transfer record in fact.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18442664" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Get the feeling Mr Ellis is beginning to p1ss Mr Ling off!
TUST member 328