Chris Zebroski

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Hubert Parry
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Chris Zebroski

Post by Hubert Parry »

Hi Gulls fans - again, Cheltenham fan in peace! It looks like we are signing this chap and wondered whether you had any comments about him?

You guys are in for an interesting season - signed some good players to replace those who have departed. Perhaps another playoff match up!
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

He'll do well for a club like Cheltenham. Think he'll fit into your pacey, physical style side quite nicely.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Good player but one sniff away from jail. If you keep him focused and away from the night clubs he is a strong League 2 player and has 15 goals + in him (especially if he is played as a striker).

Mainly played as a winger for us so his goal ratio was impressive for that role.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I have allways liked Zebs as a player, we mainly saw him as a wide attacking player and he did very well in that position for us, he is quick and strong in all a very good league 2 player, whether he is any more than that remains to be seen, twice he had ashot at league 1 football with Millwall and Wycombe and didn't cut the mustard both times.

He didn't seem to do so well with Rovers and opinion allways seemed spilt amongst the gasheads on him, will interesting to where Yates plays him as you already have two quick wide attacking players.

Edit, forgot to mention, Rich is right, he has had off the field problems, being sacked by Plymouth after an incident with Paul Wotton, and did serve a community service order sentence while with us, since then however it must be said he has kept his nose clean, and must continue to do so.
Formerly known as forevertufc
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

You won't find too many people critical of Chris Zebroski here. He is a quick, solid attacking player who is not afraid to do the dirty stuff.

As mentioned above, yes he has some fire in him and expect him to get sent off a couple of times each season when the red mist descends. Usually when he is having a bit of a stinker.

Good signing for you and as long as he stays focussed on his football, will do very well.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Decent enough player. Should do well for you with your style of play.

As my fellow Gulls have said, just need to keep him on track and away from the night clubs. He's probably one punch away from a prison cell.

Hope it works out.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Be wary, Cheltenham fan, if you posted this same topic on the Rovers forum I'm confident you'd get a very different response.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

I see there will be a fee involved. Have we got a sell on clause in this one?
TUST member 328
blueboy
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by blueboy »

Richinns wrote:I see there will be a fee involved. Have we got a sell on clause in this one?
I'd imagine so Rich. It's standard practice these days. I'm pleasently surprised we're getting a fee for him, especially as Cheltenham fans are talking of a fee of 50k+. I'd be very surprised if it was as high as that. If it is it could net you an extra 10k.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

blueboy wrote: I'd imagine so Rich. It's standard practice these days. I'm pleasently surprised we're getting a fee for him, especially as Cheltenham fans are talking of a fee of 50k+. I'd be very surprised if it was as high as that. If it is it could net you an extra 10k.
I think you guys never saw the Zebroski we did but an extra 10k is always welcome! If they pay what we paid for Bodin then I think we have better value for money as Bodin has a bigger future than Zeb can achieve.

Sounds like you guys are making room for a big signing up front?
TUST member 328
blueboy
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by blueboy »

Richinns wrote: I think you guys never saw the Zebroski we did but an extra 10k is always welcome! If they pay what we paid for Bodin then I think we have better value for money as Bodin has a bigger future than Zeb can achieve.

Sounds like you guys are making room for a big signing up front?
Yeah without a doubt, I've only seen Bodin once but he looks a good prospect.

Think Zeb will do well for them. He had by far his best game for us away to them and scored. Most fans appreciate his effort and commitment, it was just his first touch and lack of awareness that let him down. He'll get a decent enough reception when he goes back to the Mem.

We signed David Clarkson last week but Mcghee said he wants another striker. Got a feeling we may bid a third time for Constable. Not convinced he's worth the fee of around 200k though. Harrold is bang out of form this pre-season so we're definitely short of goals.
nicktufc
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Euuuuuuuunan

Post by nicktufc »

Zebroski has definitely not been keeping out of trouble. Since his move to Rovers, he has been arrested 3 times in the city centre!

Also when Buckle took him there, he never told the Rovers board about his 'previous' which Higgs and co believed to be limited to just the Paul Wotton incident. When they found out about his criminal past, they had already signed him and we were merely passing on his file.

They were not amused!!!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

nicktufc wrote:Zebroski has definitely not been keeping out of trouble. Since his move to Rovers, he has been arrested 3 times in the city centre!

Also when Buckle took him there, he never told the Rovers board about his 'previous' which Higgs and co believed to be limited to just the Paul Wotton incident. When they found out about his criminal past, they had already signed him and we were merely passing on his file.

They were not amused!!!
:rules:
Typical of the weasel that is Buckle

How do you know this Nick?

If he has been arrested again how come he is not banged up cause he was one step away from jail?
TUST member 328
blueboy
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by blueboy »

nicktufc wrote:Zebroski has definitely not been keeping out of trouble. Since his move to Rovers, he has been arrested 3 times in the city centre!

They were not amused!!!
I didn't know he's been arrested since being in Bristol. I don't know of any Rovers fans that do either. He's travelling to and from Swindon everyday so not convinced.
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

Zebroski still commutes from Swindon, so I dont believe he has been arrested 3 times at all, If he had I am sure us Gasheads would of heard about it.

I think Zebs will do alright at Nam.

He always gave his all, and showed commitment for the cause, which you can't fault him for, but his actual footballing ability was literally non existant.

Ironically the glimpses when he did show something was against Nam and Torquay

If you put Carayols ability with Zebs workrate, we would of had a superstar :)

Good luck to him, he gives it all that's for sure