injuries

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

injuries

Post by Neal »

What's the current state of Morris, Macklin and now Bodin. Do we know when the 1st 2 might be fit, could be crucial.
TUST MEMBER
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Don't know to be honest, however I very much doubt you will see Macklin until mid-late January, and Morris may not play at all this season, judging on what was said at the time there injuries occured.Thats one of the reasons I hoped for a loanee to cover, two attacking options sorely missed.
Formerly known as forevertufc
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Jarvis out over the Christmas period with cracked ribs and a suspected punctured lung. Great...................

http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/Jarvis-add ... um=twitter
TUST member 203
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Morris is off crutches now, I think he is looking at a February/march return

Macklin is expected back late January realistically unless DD does another miracle!
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Real shame for Ryan Jarvis, just when he was in the starting 11 and playing well. Hope he gets well soon.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yes we could have done without that. If Howe gets injured against Exeter we could have Yeoman as our only striker against Plymouth.
Squad isn't strong enough.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Not too big a blow although we do need all the bodies we can get over Christmas. This is the ideal opportunity to start Thommo and let him have an hour of terrorising the opposition defences and bring on Yeoman with half an hour to go to get him involved and see if he can make a name for himself in two of the biggest games he will have ever played in. Let's put some faith in the lad and see what happens.

What i DO NOT want to see under any circumstances is Ling going back to Rene up top on his own just because Jarvis is out and he doesn't want to start Yeoman. We will have a poor Christmas against our bitterest of rivals. Also what i DO NOT want to see is Lingy bringing off Thommo ( assuming he starts ) and replacing him with Lathrope. Thommo starts for me and runs around for an hour to be replaced by Yeoman.

On top of that i hope and pray that Downes doesn't get booked and we steer clear of any further injuries and suspensions.

Merry Christmas one and all!! :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Ryan Jarvis was injured right in front of me and the way he eventually walked off it looked very much like a rib injury.

Very disappointing for him as he had a good game against a very strong physical team.

Hatrick for Thompson against Exeter? You can only dream.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Thats a real blow for Jarvis, he was beginning to look the part. Put Yoeman in his place, there is often talk about him being the best finisher at the club, can't think of a more perfect game (Exeter)to put him in and say go prove yourself..otherwise let him go.
Formerly known as forevertufc
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

austrianandygull wrote:Not too big a blow although we do need all the bodies we can get over Christmas. This is the ideal opportunity to start Thommo and let him have an hour of terrorising the opposition defences and bring on Yeoman with half an hour to go to get him involved and see if he can make a name for himself in two of the biggest games he will have ever played in. Let's put some faith in the lad and see what happens.

What i DO NOT want to see under any circumstances is Ling going back to Rene up top on his own just because Jarvis is out and he doesn't want to start Yeoman. We will have a poor Christmas against our bitterest of rivals. Also what i DO NOT want to see is Lingy bringing off Thommo ( assuming he starts ) and replacing him with Lathrope. Thommo starts for me and runs around for an hour to be replaced by Yeoman.

On top of that i hope and pray that Downes doesn't get booked and we steer clear of any further injuries and suspensions.

Merry Christmas one and all!! :lol:
Tee - apostrophe - homo? Like northern speak for 'one who is attracted to members of the same gender'?

I saw Morro recently and he looked to be walking with just the slightest hint of a limp. It was so slight that I'd go as far as to suggest that it was psychosomatic. I reckon we might see him towards the end of the season if he can regain his CV fitness in time.
Macklin is always down the gym and seems to be getting proper stacked (I believe 'hench' is the modern term, but I'm rather afraid of it's correct application). He'll be back a damn sight stronger than he left, if not any time soon.
Jarvo travelled by ambulance to hospital after the AC Northampton game, such were the extent of his injuries. We now know that he has broken a couple of ribs and punctured a lung. I don't know about the implications of either, but I suspect he can't play again until there is no increased risk of a recurrence given the natural course of a match, so, say 2 months.
Billy's foot was in a protective boot on the Sunday after the match in which he was injured. He is not telling anyone (that I have seen) on Twitter the extent of the damage, so he either doesn't know, doesn't want to say or isn't allowed to say or some combination of the three. No idea, could be a broken foot, in which case it will be the same time scale that Macklin has faced.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

:lol: HAHA!

Cheers for the info too Matt. :) ;-)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Goes to show the bad fortune we've had through this season. I thought Jarvis looked pretty good against N'hampton, and he obviously got on the scoreboard, and then is injured as soon as he starts to gain some momentum. Same with Macklin and Morris, as soon as they hit form they got injured. Anyone spotted a sniper of Greek decent in Bristows Bench?
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

I've written about Ling's (somewhat limited) options over the Christmas period on the main site:

http://www.torquayfans.com/ling-may-be- ... reshuffle/
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

i'm unable to get to the ground until 3.30 on saturday, if i had a ticket would i still be able to get in?
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

As others have said I'd like to see Ling put Yeoman in behind Howe. If he's one of the best finishers at the club which has been stated in the past then I think he can do a capable job there especially based on his sub appearances this season.