MOTM - Burton + Update for the year so far

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

MOTM - Burton + Update for the year so far

Post by Gulliball »

Up to five players. I will update the main website later this week.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Downes
Jarvis
Saah
Craig
Poke
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Poke
Downes
Saah
Craig
Jarvis
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

Poke
Downes
Jarvis
Saah
ScouseGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: MarkLoram

Post by ScouseGull »

Aaron
Michael
Ryan
Ren
Brian
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Jarvis
Craig
Howe
Poke
Downes
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

Jarvis
Poke
Downes
Saah
Nico
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

downes
poke
jarvis
saah
howe
still keeping the faith
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

MOTM for Aaron Downes at Burton has taken him above Rene Howe and into the lead by a single point with 25/46 games played.

I have updated the home page for the season to date here, including the top 5 for POTY so far: http://www.torquayfans.com/playerawards/
The 2010/11 and 2011/12 seasons have been filled out a little bit more too and there will be more added there asap.

The home and away attendances will be brought up to date this week too. If anyone has any ideas they would like to see included on either page, let me know and I'll do my best to include it.

Player of the Month for the season so far, according to the matchgoing fans:

August - Aaron Downes
September - Joe Oastler
October - Rene Howe
November - Brian Saah
December - Aaron Downes

Interestingly, the version on the official site has seen the winners as: August – Aaron Downes, September – Rene Howe, October – Nathan Craig, November – Brian Saah, December – Michael Poke

So the winners have been the same in only two of the five months so far. To take a closer look at December, in the 4 games we played (Dagenham, Bradford, Northampton and Plymouth) Michael Poke was MOTM against Bradford, but in the other three games finished 3rd, 7th and failed to score at all. By comparison, Aaron Downes was MOTM against Plymouth and in his other three games finished 2nd, 3rd and 5th. Using this method, Angus MacDonald, who didn't even play in the Dagenham game would have finished above Poke in 2nd place, due to three very good performances in the three games he did play in.

These discrepancies were part of the reason I started looking at individual man of the match statistics over the season. I remember Carayol doing very well on the forum awards in 2009/10 despite only playing well in the last 7 games of the 46 game season, and it does appear that performances towards the end of the voting period (especially over a long time period like a full season) and eye catching performances are unfairly favoured in this style of voting. September this season is another good example, when Joe Oastler was consistent over the month, scoring points in all six games, but lost in the official vote to Rene Howe, who scored no points at all in the first three games of the month, but did well (and scored in all of) the last three games to win.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats