Will Rene last the season

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Will Rene last the season

Post by MidDevon »

Another pointless booking at the end of the game tonight for Mr Howe.

Just 4 bookings away from his next suspension, which would be, by my reckoning, for 3 games this time as he has been suspended twice before for bookings

....personally I can't see him lasting til the end of the season without another suspension. He could miss crucial games at the tail end of the Campaign, so I hope we get the points on the board before then
northyorkshiregull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benyon

Post by northyorkshiregull »

Got to feel sorry for the lad.The service he gets is non existent and he is always left on his own up front.Lets hope Knill likes to play 2 up front
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

I cant see him with us next season, contract is up and he must be completely fed up with the way the team is set up. He is a nice lad, spoke to him a few times and he really likes the area and has settled down with his family.
I would put money on another booking this weekend!!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Agree with SBP. Unless he is really in love with the area then he'll be gone. He has shown other clubs what he can do and staying at Torquay wouldn't be a good move for his career. Sad but it is what i feel.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

austrianandygull wrote:Agree with SBP. Unless he is really in love with the area then he'll be gone. He has shown other clubs what he can do and staying at Torquay wouldn't be a good move for his career. Sad but it is what i feel.

Agreed.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Silvergull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Silvergull »

austrianandygull wrote:Agree with SBP. Unless he is really in love with the area then he'll be gone. He has shown other clubs what he can do and staying at Torquay wouldn't be a good move for his career. Sad but it is what i feel.
Utterly disagree. He's "shown other clubs what he can do" once before, got a big money move and then spent the next few years out on loan or rotting in the reserves.
Once bitten and all that. I suspect he'll want to continue to get first team football under his belt.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I think perhaps it all depends what happens during the summer in terms of what league we are in, the sort of contract he is offered, who the new manager ( if there is to be one ) is and what his plans are, whether there are going to be any decent additions to the squad. There are so many variables Silvergull and i'm not disagreeing with your statement about what has happened to Rene in the past at other clubs, i just think that he won't want another season like this one although he is top scorer. We'll not know until the summer though but i so hope he stays as he is real quality and we can add players around him.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

The most concerning thing will be that with the amount of players out of contract in the summer, we may well not have a manager in situ that is able to highlight who they want to keep!

This surely increases the chances of players arranging alternative employment.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

SteveDeckchair wrote:The most concerning thing will be that with the amount of players out of contract in the summer, we may well not have a manager in situ that is able to highlight who they want to keep!
Ahem... er, should be number of players (amount of sand, volume of water, etc..). Using 'amount' inappropriately is a common mistake; just thought I'd mention it.. :)

Oh, and somebody else wrote 'should of', which instead should be 'should have'. Similarly, it should be 'would have', not 'would of'; these errors probably deriving from common mis-pronunciations... 8-]
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Alert,Alert..grammar police in the area !!!!!!!!!!!.. :)

As for Rene Howe, I would like to defend him some what, yep he has had one to many yellow cards, but he has cut a lonely frustrated figure and has at times let that frustration boil over, hopefully Alan Knill will get some support up top for Rene and the lad can get back to doing what he does best, thats cause utter mayhem in opposing team's defences.

As to whether he stays here at the club,even a couple of weeks ago I would have said, yes, now I am not sure, he clearly does like the area and has felt settled here, but thing a lot will depend on what happens at the club over the next few months and whether we see a new manager, or see the return of Martin Ling.
Formerly known as forevertufc
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

...but we will always only get around 35 matches a season from him by the time the suspensions are accounted for
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Last season if memory serves me right, he missed more football down to injury than suspension, argeed to many yellows this time around, however it has been a difficult season for all the players, but Rene in particular has bourne the brunt of it, being played up top on his own, with some utterly pi55 poor service, not making excuses for the lad, but it does got some way to explaining it.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

No chance, he'll miss 3 more games before the season is out.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Ok, he may well miss another three games through suspension, if he does, he does, what of it, and so be it. Atleast we now have a football manager in charge of running the team affairs, who will know just how to cross that bridge "if" Or when it happens.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Gullscorer wrote: Ahem... er, should be number of players (amount of sand, volume of water, etc..). Using 'amount' inappropriately is a common mistake; just thought I'd mention it.. :)

Oh, and somebody else wrote 'should of', which instead should be 'should have'. Similarly, it should be 'would have', not 'would of'; these errors probably deriving from common mis-pronunciations... 8-]
Guilty as charged Officer Pedant. :)

Do I get credit for using the word 'situ'? :lol:
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.