Jordan Chapell

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Jordan Chapell

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

Set to join on loan from Sheffield Utd.

http://www.sufc.co.uk/news/article/2013 ... 7000000000

Anyone know of him?
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

No, but I was stood in front of the Chairman last night so knew that we were after "a winger from Sheffield", so it's good that it seems to have come off.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Sorry all but we need a big man or two to support Rene and still we haven't got one. So we go and get another small inexperienced nippy winger. We have some of those already but they never get played. We also have a small but experienced nippy striker who never sees the ball. Not what we need at all in my opinion but i'll support the lad whatever and i'm glad that at least someone is arriving so that's a positive and you never know.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Silvergull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Silvergull »

austrianandygull wrote:Sorry all but we need a big man or two to support Rene and still we haven't got one. So we go and get another small inexperienced nippy winger. We have some of those already but they never get played. We also have a small but experienced nippy striker who never sees the ball. Not what we need at all in my opinion but i'll support the lad whatever and i'm glad that at least someone is arriving so that's a positive and you never know.
I've never understood how a "big man" will offer Howe much support. Howe should act as our target man, with a finisher alongside him (whether that's Benyon or not is debatable).
Benyon won't be eligible Vs Southend, and therefore Jarvis will (I assume) move upfront. Add losing Bodin for 2 games into the equation, this makes absolute sense.

Sounds like the exact sort of player we need. Experience at this level, and relatively match-fit from the U21 team. Knill is just another in a long list of managers who clearly don't rate Stevens or Macklin, and exposing Thompson to a relegation battle could be severely detrimental to his development.

On paper, a useful signing.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

he is still trying to get another in before saturday, as i said before the bloke needs a chance and he has been doing his best to get people in.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Ok so we get Chappell in to provide crosses into the box which only Downes and Jarvis can get on the end of and Jarvis is playing in midfield! Howe isn't the type of player to be launching himself at crosses and corners and so we need another big man with this ability to make us dangerous at set pieces and corners. He could also get knock downs for other players to be brought into play. If you don't want Thompson included because it you think it will damage his development then i can understand that but we need Howe, another big man or stick Jarvis right alongside Howe and then two wingers able to provide a steady supply of crosses and balls in. If Chappell is the man to make this happen then bloody brilliant but what we'll end up doing is playing Howe up on his own again getting knockdowns nowhere near the goal for totally ineffective wide men like Bodin and co. That's all i'm saying. I feel we need some muscle as Howe is a big lad but gets shoved off the ball far too easily and then we have Manse, Downes and Saah. We need to be physical where it matters. If we get a corner there isn't anyone bar Downes who can get on the end of a quality ball apart from maybe Jarvis and so we waste all these opportunities to score goals which we can ill afford to do.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

I know a few coaches at Burton and they were very impressed with him. He scored in first game for Burton. He was recalled by united few games later.

By all accounts he's got talent and can offer us something else.
Any player that can add ton the team is welcome, we ask for players we get one and people moan.

End of the day the manager knows what he wants to do to keep us up, none of us have the control and if knill thinks we need a winger then fine.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Good signing. We've been lacking someone who can supply decent balls to the forward line hopefully he can rectify this problem. And once Bodin returns from International Duty we can have a proper winger on the other side as Jaris doesn't suit the winger position he currently plays.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

From the official site:
United Sign Winger ChapellTHE Gulls have secured the signing of Sheffield United wide-man Jordan Chapell on a loan deal that will last until the end of the season.

Chapell, 21, came through the youth system at Bramall lane, making his league debut for the Blades in December last year.

He enjoyed a brief loan spell with Burton at the start of this season but was recalled early because of an injury. Chapell goes straight into the United squad for Saturday’s trip to Southend.

‘’Jordan is quick, direct and the important part is that he knows the league,’’ said United manager Alan Knill. ‘’He was out on loan at Burton and did really well.

‘’I live in Sheffield and when the United youth-team had a good cup run, I watched a lot of their games and Jordan was one of the outstanding players.

‘’ We lose Billy Bodin for two games next week because of duty with the Wales Under-21 side, so we needed somebody in. Jordan can play either wing or behind the striker, and he is technically very good.

‘’It gives us another forward option and when you bring in new players, it freshens training and makes it more competitive.

‘’The addition of Joss Labadie had that affect because there was suddenly more competition in the middle of the park and, hopefully, bringing Jordan into the club will do exactly the same. We have added more quality to the squad and the competition for places becomes more intense.

‘’I’ve spoken to people that know Jordan and they’ve all said he’s a really good lad. The people at Burton would have kept him because he was playing really well until he got an injury.

‘’He goes straight in the squad for Saturday at Southend and I believe that when you bring in a loan player, you bring them in to play.

‘’The group we have here is good and we just want to add to that. We are continually looking to add even further and I’m always hopeful of another new face at the top end of the pitch before Saturday, but we’re waiting for phone calls.’’

The Chapell deal is subject the completion of routine paperwork on Thursday morning.
Note - we are still after someone at the "top end of the pitch" so here's hoping.

Andy - you are a bloody miserable git :-D =D

We appear to be starting to move in the right direction. If these new guys can produce the goods then good stuff....here's to three points on Saturday!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Time to dispell the gloom and doom. For me this is a positive sign of intent from Alan Two (formerly known as Knill!) following on from last night's second half display.
If there is another forward joining so much the better.
I believe Knill (sorry Two) can save our season and I think the players are starting to believe too.
I wasn't going to Southend but I am now. :scarf:
PS Somebody on the other forum seems to think Atieno is about to return.
Bitchie Renault

Post by Bitchie Renault »

Silvergull wrote:I've never understood how a "big man" will offer Howe much support. Howe should act as our target man, with a finisher alongside him (whether that's Benyon or not is debatable).
Benyon won't be eligible Vs Southend, and therefore Jarvis will (I assume) move upfront. Add losing Bodin for 2 games into the equation, this makes absolute sense.

Sounds like the exact sort of player we need. Experience at this level, and relatively match-fit from the U21 team. Knill is just another in a long list of managers who clearly don't rate Stevens or Macklin, and exposing Thompson to a relegation battle could be severely detrimental to his development.

On paper, a useful signing.
I agree, Howe has looked at his most dangerous playing upfront on his own, receiving balls both in the air or to feet, has made some very decent centre halves look very average indeed. If anything, it appeared the so called fox in the box would be the more beneficial partner, but unfortunately our first choice, Benyon, appears to have temporarily or permanently lost his zip and confidence.

Chapell went on loan to Burton earlier in the season, started 2 games, come on as sub in 2 games and scored once. Not that experienced, but maybe we need an injection of fearless youth in the squad. There's no doubt that our wide players have on the whole been unproductive this season and I for one am happy that we have strengthened in this area. As to how he works out, who knows, could be a world beater, could be a duffer, but will give him the benefit of the doubt.

If it's a done deal, good luck Jordan and well come to Torquay.

To the naive who say 'we don't need this, we need that' well duh...we clearly need strengthening in more than one area and they don't all come at once. The is a step in the right direction, not the whole journey. Hopefully one or two more loanies to follow soon...
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

if that is the case i would rather have him than jarvis
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

tufcbrett wrote:I know a few coaches at Burton and they were very impressed with him. He scored in first game for Burton. He was recalled by united few games later.

By all accounts he's got talent and can offer us something else.
Any player that can add ton the team is welcome, we ask for players we get one and people moan. End of the day the manager knows what he wants to do to keep us up, none of us have the control and if knill thinks we need a winger then fine.
I take it by 'people' you mean me as i'm the only one with the balls to say what i think.

What bit of, 'at least we've brought someone in' and 'i'll support him' did you not understand or fail to read. I'm moaning about the type of player we've brought in for f*cks sake and not the player himself. I'm moaning because in my opinion he is not what we need but i'm happy we've brought someone in. If we'd brought another centre midfielder in or a keeper would you be saying it's just what we need and at least it's someone. No, you wouldn't think it is what we need so you would tell us so on here. I'm doing that regards Chappell for Christs sake!!

If we had brought in a big target man then i'd be first on here saying well done Knill and it's what we need. Do you know why i would be saying this? Because it's what i actually think. Unbelievable!! :@

If Chappell turns out to be a catch then fanbloodytastic and my opinion was wrong but i'm not going to lie and say i think it's what we need. Yes i'm pleased that we have another attacker in regardless and i am very much looking forward to see what he can offer us. JESUS!!
gurneygibbs23
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: jean pierre simb

Post by gurneygibbs23 »

austrianandygull wrote:Ok so we get Chappell in to provide crosses into the box which only Downes and Jarvis can get on the end of and Jarvis is playing in midfield! Howe isn't the type of player to be launching himself at crosses and corners and so we need another big man with this ability to make us dangerous at set pieces and corners. He could also get knock downs for other players to be brought into play. If you don't want Thompson included because it you think it will damage his development then i can understand that but we need Howe, another big man or stick Jarvis right alongside Howe and then two wingers able to provide a steady supply of crosses and balls in. If Chappell is the man to make this happen then bloody brilliant but what we'll end up doing is playing Howe up on his own again getting knockdowns nowhere near the goal for totally ineffective wide men like Bodin and co. That's all i'm saying. I feel we need some muscle as Howe is a big lad but gets shoved off the ball far too easily and then we have Manse, Downes and Saah. We need to be physical where it matters. If we get a corner there isn't anyone bar Downes who can get on the end of a quality ball apart from maybe Jarvis and so we waste all these opportunities to score goals which we can ill afford to do.
Why do people keep mentioning thompson... he is nowhere near what we need right now. The lad showed he is way off it, no touch or composure.. something we need in this battle to stay up.

Delighted Knill has acted and brought in another winger. Very much needed, gives us options. Obviously when billy bodin is on u21 duty and for changes in the side, not sure if Chappell is left or right footed but we need someone nevertheless and this is an ideal signing. Perhaps he will have jarvis up top with Rene, which may not necessarily work but with decent service it could. Also Rene may have his lone role back being flanked by bodin and chappell at southend. Even though southend were the best team ive seen this season in lge 2, they are on a wobble, so there is a good chance of getting a draw at least if we dont make stupid errors.
Bitchie Renault

Post by Bitchie Renault »

Content Removed - Off Topic & Personal