Morecambe away

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Who's going?

Poll ended at 14 Apr 2013, 10:47

Yes
22%
No
48%
Not sure
22%
Depends on what happens against Barnet
7%

Total votes: 27

Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Morecambe away

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

Just a simple poll to see what kind of numbers we should expect at Morecambe because technically (not being negative) we could actually be relegated there if results don't go our way .. Who's up for it? It's the last away day of the season! A Few pints, fish and chips and maybe a bit of Lancashire sun .. Although it's unlikely
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I'll be there mate, was hoping we'd be safe by now as now i'll have to go on holiday a day later than i'd booked for but this is important. I don't know about the fish and chips mate as i'll be on the bog all game if i had those but i'll be there offering my croaky singing voice! COYY!! We should be allocated the terrace for this one then shouldn't we?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

I will be there, an a***hole of a journey but not a game to be missed. Hoping we arrive on the back of 3 points against Barnet, hope even more that 3 points at Morecambe will see us safe.

I would be surprised in any event if we get more than 300, the distance and brand of football will put off so many who although I am sure wish they were, simply won't be able to justify the expense.

If the worst is to happen, I would prefer being relegated at Morecambe than at Plainmoor. The fans who are there would be the ones who want to be there and I think the atmosphere would be so much bearable than the vitriol bound to be evident at Plainmoor from people who, I am sure, turn up just for a moan.

Either way it is going to be another massive one, and if you can get there, do.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

A long, long way to go. Many will make the decision based on the result of the Barnet game, and other results around us.

Free coaches would be nice.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

DevonYellow wrote:A long, long way to go. Many will make the decision based on the result of the Barnet game, and other results around us.

Free coaches would be nice.

I don't see why fans would wait until after the Barnet game DY. Even if we lose we can still stay up and then the Morecambe game will be EVEN MORE VITAL as it will be a must win or we're down. If we beat Barnet then the Morecambe game will still be vital as if we win up there we shoudl be safe. So regardless i think it's the endgame and we all should get up there if we possibly can no matter what happens in the Barnet game.

I think you're idea of free coaches is a superb one and someone should go to the club about this. All it would cost them is the cost of the hire, a coach driver or three for the day and the fuel. If they refuse to do this simple gesture for the sake of the club and the fans who DESERVE a little bit back then they can bloody well p*ss off! Cracking idea Devon although we'll probably get someone coming on who says we'll lose some money and it's impractical blah blah blah. F*ck impracticality! The club can do this one last thing for us and it bloody well should.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

I am going. 5.50am train from Aberdeen to get to Lancaster for midday. Few hours with my best friend from uni, watch the game and then a 5.50pm train back to Aberdeen. Altogether it's five trains, two replacement buses and probably two more buses between Lancaster and Morecambe.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
robbotufc
First Regular
First Regular

Post by robbotufc »

nope! won't be going that day because i will be at the Bristol rovers :O v Accrington stanley match,will be supporting the rovers for a win :O :O :O
Paignton70Stephen
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: matt hockley

Post by Paignton70Stephen »

YES will be travelling to Morecombe on the 20th..as bengull said MASSIVE game,hopefully leaving Arena stadium with a smile on my face ,another 3pts towards safety.rather return to Morecombe next season than play Southport..please not B.S.P AGAIN !! YES I Exeter & Plymouth next season yes please ...(sorry for any FOUL language used in this post)
Paignton70Stephen
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: matt hockley

Post by Paignton70Stephen »

YES will be travelling to Morecombe on the 20th..as bengull said MASSIVE game,hopefully leaving Arena stadium with a smile on my face ,another 3pts towards safety.rather return to Morecombe next season than play Southport..please not B.S.P AGAIN !! YES I Exeter & Plymouth next season yes please ...(sorry for any FOUL language used in this post) :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

What?
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

It's a nope for me, do not finish work until 8am Saturday, if it was a tad closer would have driven and stoped over, just to far to risk it.
Formerly known as forevertufc
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Robbotufc ,
The problem will be that the last three games of the season we will be playing for pride alone as Tuesday night is our Cup final at Bradford where even though our form is good I will be very surprised if we get a point let alone three. Our last two home games have been against York and Wimbledon and have been matches where the opposition, although lowly placed have really given us tough games and Accrington will be no different. How we get on Tuesday will IMO determine how we do in our last three games. If we win Tuesday then we will be in the position where winning the last three games could well see us in the Play offs so there would be something to push us which we have had since Xmas in trying to avoid relegation.Losing on Tuesday will leave us in a position where we have nothing whatsoever to play for which could work in both yours and Accringtons favour.
I very much hope that you are safe by the time you play us.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I'm thinking about Morecambe, haven't been to half as many away games as I did last year, my last one was Rovers away. Morecambe away is a possibility!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

I normally do one long trip a year but unfortunately this season I haven't. My record up north is three defeats out of three (Bradford 1-0 playing against 10 men, Rotherham 3-1 at the Don Valley and the Stevenage final) so maybe it's best if I stay away.

Rovers will be my last game of the season and hopefully (unlikely) we'll be out of trouble by then.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
robbotufc
First Regular
First Regular

Post by robbotufc »

Friendlygas my wife and daughter are going up to Bristol on that saturday so i thought i would pop along to watch the Rovers match instead,just hope you can take the 3 points off Accrington and give us a chance,and i think it will go to the last game of the crap season we have had