Plainmoor is my Mecca

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Popside Joe
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Asa Hall

Plainmoor is my Mecca

Post by Popside Joe »

This is a long shot, I know, but can anyone help me get to Plainmoor for Saturday from Manchester? The only thing standing in my way is public transport prices.... I have a gut instinct that this will make the difference between us staying up and going down (he says). I'd love to be there, and I know there's some Gulls present in the North West area. I'll provide good company for the journey and a generous contribution to petrol fees. I'll travel to a nearby location for a lift. Birmingham, Nottingham, Bristol for example. Please step forward if you are my hero. Come on, don't be shy. Show the kind of spirit that we need to keep us in the football league. You cannot go wrong. Everyone's a winner. Enough of the cliches, please..... PLEASE.

I've grown up in Torquay supporting the Yellows, shunning all other teams and premier league tv b*llox. Help out a brother yellow. :clap:

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
:-D

Joe
DTG
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Anyone but McNeil

Post by DTG »

If anyone is passing Koh Samui and can pick me up.........;o)
GET PHILLIPS OUT NOW!!!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Can't help you Joe i'm afraid but hope you get something sorted. :-D
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

From up there, Joe, you'll need to get hold of Paul Bastard. I can't guarantee his situation, but he'll definitely be coming down for the game. I MIGHT have an E-Mail address for him somewhere, if that would be any use to you. I'm almost certain he won't see this forum though, so you'll need to get to him some other way.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Popside Joe
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Popside Joe »

Matt, I know Paul in person, purely through attendance at games. I have no idea how to contact him though. Please PM me with the email, if you can mate. Cheers.

Joe
Popside Joe
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Popside Joe »

Andy, your match preview was inspirational and has in part contributed to this impulse. Keep it up.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

:bow: :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by WestLondonYellow »

Hi All,

I'm in the same boat, i need a lift from the London area, i can get to reading, swindon or bristol if that helps. Really want to be there but can't afford the train fare. can anyone help, i'fd be able to contribute a littel to petrol.

Sorry to hijack your plight OP.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

WestLondonYellow wrote:Hi All,

I'm in the same boat, i need a lift from the London area, i can get to reading, swindon or bristol if that helps. Really want to be there but can't afford the train fare. can anyone help, i'fd be able to contribute a littel to petrol.

Sorry to hijack your plight OP.
Whatever you do WLY, don't HITCH a lift in and around London or you're likely to end up in a suitcase by the M4! :-/

(Sorry, mate, just another of my anti-London quips :lol: )

Can't help mate but i hope you and everyone else from outside the area can somehow get down to Plainmoor in the end. It appears like it's all the exiles trying to bust a gut to get there when the people who live on the doorstep can't be arsed.
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by WestLondonYellow »

lol, i suppose i could hang out at Heston Services with Plainmoor written on a bit of cardboard.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

WestLondonYellow wrote:lol, i suppose i could hang out at Heston Services with Plainmoor written on a bit of cardboard.
that could be an interesting project/assignment, you could do that to try and get to plainmoor, then come on here and let us know about your adventures and how you got on trying to get to the game. :~D
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I told you Chunky, Heston is within the London area so if he cadges a lift from there it'll be some oddball picking him up and an hour later he'll be found on the runway at Heathrow in bin bags! :Z
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I haven't forgotten you Joe, I'm searching for the email now.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Rivo_7
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Rivo_7 »

Just a thought WestLondonYellow, if you are trying to get down from london for the barnet game have you tried their forum to see if anyone would be nice enough to let you travel with them?

Could make for some interesting conversation!!
Popside Joe
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Popside Joe »

I'd gladly jump in with Barnet fans, or any other for that matter. Might even stretch to Man Utd fans - on this occasion. Nothing sorted for me yet, any other ideas would be hugely appreciated. Cheers again for the contact Matt.