transfer window

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
knh316
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: dont have one

transfer window

Post by knh316 »

we have lost 4 players from our squad recently,gritton,carlisle,rose and senda.Are they going to be replaced and with who?
who,realistically would you like to see come in?
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

After hearing an interview with PB on the BBC Sport website earlier - no. I think he seems to be hoping we don't get any injuries. He even mentioned that we don't have to put all 7 subs on the bench. We'll find a play-off push tough with such a small squad.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

I think loan players until the end of the season is more likely. PB has done it before, so I see no reason why he would not do it again.

If that is the case, I hope we could afford John Akinde of Bristol City. He cost them 140K from Ebbsfleet a couple of years ago, but has ben loaned out for much of the time so far. He is still very young.

I have heard that he will leave Bristol Rovers, where he is currently on loan, when his loan spell ends at the end of the month

He would be a really useful addition to the squad should Elliot leave
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Agree Akinde would be an ideal loan signing - whether or not benyon goes. He would provide us with Plan B capability - a target man for when we need to play a more direct style. I fear that, at present we don't have this capacity and this might find us out if we don't get someone like him in.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I don't get the impression our plan is to bring any in - but that is on the premise that we don't lose any. The concern must be that we lose 1 or 2 just as the window is closing (remember Jamie Ward?) and will have no time to find replacements.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

The four that have left didn't actually get much consideration with regards to game time so not sure replacing them is anything other than backkup. However I think we are short of a forward. An injury to Zebs, Benyon or Kee would mean we have what we have on the pitch with nothing to bring on to change a game which is a dangerous route to go.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

I think we're actively looking, remember we were apparently in for Midson the chappie from Oxford, but looks likely to stay there having scored thrice against us. We've brought in a bit of money late so hopefully we'll get an attacking forward, but the key is not to rush him into the squad, allow him a few weeks to train and sit on the bench watch how the squad works as they're a pretty tight nit group and the incomer would need to adjust his game to our style of play.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

several members of Jack Midson's family live in Devon, in fact his sister taught Mini Mid Devon. He is on a fair wack at Oxford, not the sort of money we pay the majority of our team
ChineseGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by ChineseGull »

I think we need a centre back the most. Someone cheap that wouldn't mind warming the bench but would do an average job if called upon. With Charnock gone, if a centre back gets injured, robbo's our only cover, then mansell/oastler will have to play right back, and the team suddenly looks much weaker.
I agree that we could do with getting another striker (probably on loan). Midson would do nicely but as middevon says, probably not someone we'll have the money to get in.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I disagree, we have other options, Rowe-Turner can be called upon to cover at the back, our priority is a goalscorer as evidenced last night when a host of chances went begging in the first half.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Personally, i wouldn't have let Charnock go, but by doing so the manager obviously doesn't see the need for another CB. It would be a bizarre turn of events if we now brought another one in. I do think we need another striker.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Southampton Gull wrote:I disagree, we have other options, Rowe-Turner can be called upon to cover at the back, our priority is a goalscorer as evidenced last night when a host of chances went begging in the first half.
Havnt we still got Palmer as well? I think Oastler often played CB at QPR too
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I'm sure Paul Buckle manages with the following in mind . . .

"No matter how good the squad, there's always room for improvement."

As there's been movement, there's now room for improvement.

Two games a week soon ? Injuries and suspensions ? Loss of form ?

I'd be surprised if there were not new faces arriving, loan signings or otherwise.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

We won't splash the cash. If anybody comes in it would be on a loan till the end of the season
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

The thing is Mav,the club can not splash the cash it does not have,as a fan iam glad the board are managing the club with there finacial heads on,rather than from there hearts as Tufc fans,if the club only has the finace to be a consolidated league 2 club then so be it,and if there is room for loans signings i will be happy with that ,should the board take a risk that does not pay off,then we will be back in the conference for good ,no thanks.

The current board have a very good record of re-investing any extra money they bring in,in the first team squad,there is no doubt that they will re-consider the position in the summer,and a lot could depend on whether we beat Crawley, i imagine that should any bids come in of the correct value for any of our players ,money would be made avilible for either a replacment or a 'loan siging untill the end of the season'.
Formerly known as forevertufc