Howe to the Gargs?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Howe to the Gargs?

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

Would annoy me if true, had my Argyle mate texting me this morning saying "Rene is a Pilgrim la la la" :@ :@

They seem to rate him highly.

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic. ... 9&start=15
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Cannot see him going there, surely Sheffield is a better move.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

I think Rene will be linked with a few clubs, we will never be able to compete with the money he could get elsewhere. I will be not surprised if he goes, but to the Cornish, I dont think so! I think hes more likely to go into League 1 somewhere if he does leave us.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Beat me to it Plymgull, The Western morning news probably got the story from pasoti, this rumour was doing the rounds last week and I had a garg mate ask me about him. Told him he isn't bad value for 15 yellow cards.

At the end of the day if Rene goes, he goes, everyone was worried Saturday, we did not seem to do a bad job of scoring 3 goals with out him, and Rene is not the end of the world, do not want him to go but if he does there are other players.
Formerly known as forevertufc
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

he'd be mad to go there!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

I got the impression he and his family were quite settled here in Devon. That doesn't mean a move across South Devon wouldn't be impossible (annoying for us perhaps) but it would not surprise me. Neither would some of our other players following suit!
Bitchie Renault

Post by Bitchie Renault »

This has to be resolved quickly, how many times have potential transfer/contract situations of our players dragged on in recent close seasons and caused unease in the club. Offer him a deal now, give him a week to think about it and if he can't commit, say goodbye immediately and begin the search for a replacement. I really rate Rene for us, think at his best he is as good as we can hope for from a striker, but he's proven with his bookings tally and his recent loss of form that he can also be a liability to and it should be more about what he can do for us rather than what we can do for him.
It really wouldn't surprise me to se him going to Argyle or City for that matter, reckon he'll get first team football and a pay increase with either, infact I'd say with a young family down here now I'd say it's a nailed on move.
Last edited by Bitchie Renault on 30 Apr 2013, 09:59, edited 1 time in total.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Rene has said it's nonsense. That's from the man himself, but in true forum style he must be lying.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Not really fussed where he goes tbh. He's had a really poor second half of the season (perhaps made to look worse by the scintillating first half he had to be fair but he put in some really pathetic, babyish, petulant showings in some of those games. I don't want him to be retained although he does have quality, i think it's time he moved on and we always get someone else in who can do just as good a job. It's not a problem. Let him go wherever he wants and move on.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
thegreedygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by thegreedygull »

Can't see this happening, they don't have a pot to piss in
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Rene himself has tweeted that it's the first he's heard about it and that there's been absolutely no contact. I see no reason to disbelieve him. Also, and while I doubt he'll remain with us, I can't see Argyle as being a good choice for him.
TUST member 203
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Bitchie Renault wrote:Offer him a deal now, give him a week to think about it and if he can't commit, say goodbye immediately and begin the search for a replacement.
We don't have a manager to offer him a contract at present.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Bitchie Renault wrote:Offer him a deal now, give him a week to think about it and if he can't commit, say goodbye immediately and begin the search for a replacement.
As far as I know, he's had an offer on the table since Christmas, but has yet to accept it.
TUST member 203
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »