Alan Knill CONFIRMED as new Torquay manager

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

ffs... my heart went into spasms..
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

and to those that scoffed at my idea about knills "holiday".........

go and do one.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Hope Brass is part of the team. When he was added is when things started to turn round and loved the passion he brought with him.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by coley in stripes »

That's GREAT news. AK will sort us out...Well done Board
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Richinns wrote:Hope Brass is part of the team. When he was added is when things started to turn round and loved the passion he brought with him.
That will almost certainly be the case, be amazed if taylor remains. Knill and Brass + Kenny.
Paul John
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by Paul John »

Brassy not been approached by Torquay by the club to come back. I saw him this morning and asked about rumours he's taking over Accrington as Manager no comment from him! Bury players want him back at Bury although they are saying he's been offered assistant manager at another club. Didn't want to push him for an answer as shopping with his wife!
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

I can't imagine Knill will take the job without Chris Brass joining him. They come as a pair don't they?

Very good news, I am pleased as punch!
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I am pleased to hear this news, and it seems the majority of correspondents here are too. I am, however, minded of a different reaction when Mr. Ling was appointed, somewhat out of the blue. Usually I pay no heed whatsoever to 'opinions' on this site, but those who initially doubted Mr. Ling have, in the long run, been proved correct, as have the far more extreme doubters from Cambridge who voiced their opinions loudly and clearly in the weeks following his appointment. Bearing all this in mind, it seems that the appointment of Mr. Knill bodes well for the future.
But remember - WE WANT PROMOTION!
brixgull707
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by brixgull707 »

I hope Brass is part of the package as i can't see Knill being able to work with Taylor.
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Do we really want pronotion though? really? I don't. I want a nice boring midtable snooze. For a change. Hope Brass is not a deal-breaker...
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

I would hope we all go into a new season hoping for promotion. I know I do. The question of if we're likely to get promotion is a different matter. All down to the difference between hope and expectation :|
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

chippygull wrote:Do we really want pronotion though? really? I don't. I want a nice boring midtable snooze. For a change. Hope Brass is not a deal-breaker...
Surely we all want promotion, no?
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

and the bury fans seem to rate him, likes to play passing football and have pace in the team.