You might not believe it but !!!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

You might not believe it but !!!

Post by MF68 »

I hear that Rene is off up north (possibly Hartlepool), his partner is from there. Retained list almost complete and will be told to squad this Friday.

Alex MacDonald was watched in a friendly between Reading and QPR by people from Brentford and Gillingham.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

MF68 wrote:
Alex MacDonald.
Who? As long as we get Angus!
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

Touche
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Who? As long as we get Angus!
Angus? What, the monkey? I thought it was Rene going to Hartlepool? :~D
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Careful...
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Not sure about all this, but you never know. Has Rene actually visited Hartlepool? Apart from buying a house for a few quid I can't see any reason to move there. I can see Hartlepool United really struggling this season.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

chippygull wrote:Careful...
I've just logged in again and seen this and just realised what you meant by it. My joke was about Angus and then i saw the Hartlepool link and thought of Angus the Monkey, their mascot, and how it was Rene going to Hartlepool and not Angus MacDonald. There was no racist connotations meant and at the time i never thought anything at all about it but i now can see how it may look. It wasn't even aimed at Rene it was meant purely to be a quip about the link between Angus, their mascot, Hartlepool and Rene. So apologies if i may have caused any offence but i'm not removing it as it was in no way intentional so if the mods want to do so then fine but i know what i meant and it certainly wasn't anything to do with racism. If i was a racist ( which i most certainly am not ) then i'd just come out and say stuff but i don't because i'm not a racist. It was a genuine mistake.

Apologies again and i must think things through before i post them. :-/
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

AustrianAndyGull wrote: I've just logged in again and seen this and just realised what you meant by it. My joke was about Angus and then i saw the Hartlepool link and thought of Angus the Monkey, their mascot, and how it was Rene going to Hartlepool and not Angus MacDonald. There was no racist connotations meant and at the time i never thought anything at all about it but i now can see how it may look. It wasn't even aimed at Rene it was meant purely to be a quip about the link between Angus, their mascot, Hartlepool and Rene. So apologies if i may have caused any offence but i'm not removing it as it was in no way intentional so if the mods want to do so then fine but i know what i meant and it certainly wasn't anything to do with racism. If i was a racist ( which i most certainly am not ) then i'd just come out and say stuff but i don't because i'm not a racist. It was a genuine mistake.

Apologies again and i must think things through before i post them. :-/
Don't worry Andy - I don't think for 1 second anybody thought that is what you meant by it.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Cheers Rich. :-D
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

Hence the nickname "Monkey Hangers". They're obviously on a par with the cornish up there :)
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

First Argyle, then Sheffield United, then Portsmouth and now Hartlepool? Bit of a sideways step that isn't it?

Didn't expect us to keep him, so if he does leave anyone but Argyle,Pompey is fine with me.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

Rene has tweeted that he's in meetings. Is that with AK or is it his medical at Pompey (re football rumours site?). Should know soon !
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

taxilady wrote:Rene has tweeted that he's in meetings. Is that with AK or is it his medical at Pompey (re football rumours site?). Should know soon !
On twitter he says he's in Newcastle so I'm really hoping he's not going to Hartlepool :-|
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Newcastle - under - Lyme? Is he signing for Port Vale? :lol: