Harding signs two year deal

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Harding signs two year deal

Post by Richinns »

As anticipated:
http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 11882.aspx

Key part of a team which achieved a playoff spot last year - so seems like a very decent signing for us.

Squad is starting to shape up nicely and it seems we will add 3 more key players shortly.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Beat you :)

I'll leave yours in place though, Rich.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Merge them Dave - I take no offence!!!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
exiledgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jarvis

Post by exiledgull »

Fantastic news! We have all been saying we need some players in the spine of th squad and I am very happy with this! It seems AK has been chasing him for some time. Showing that patience is indeed a virtue.

Cannot wait to see who else we bring in.

Welcome Ben!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

What a great signing from Alan Knil and Torquay United!

Welcome Ben Harding!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

hopefully will turn out to be a good player for us! welcome Ben!
The gulls are going up
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Sounds like a handy signing, a bit of power and height in midfield - when was the last time we had someone permanently like that?
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

A quick look on the AC Northants board shows that, of the two who left, they're devastated about Gutteridge and not so fussed about Harding. Quite what we make of this, I'm not sure. They didn't really use their midfield last year, since they were (evidently) banned from making passes of less than 50 yards in length. He looked alright last night, but then (finishing aside) Dan Sullivan looked like Lionel Messi last night. Time will tell with this one.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Well from being worried by the lack of signings we are now it seems all fairly satisfied and probably quite rightly so.
I wonder if anyone still thinks that we should still have Ling in charge this season.
Howe and Saah would probably still be here on a massive pay rise. Macklin,Stevens and Morris would have had three year deals and Ling would have been down the boozer by now - his transfer activity done and dusted.

We have a decent bloke in Knill in charge who is prepared to live in the area.
We have a proper No 2 in Chris Brass. A refreshing change from the likes of Taylor and Shaun Dwarf.

On the playing side - well we have cleared out a hell of alot of dross lets be fair. Halpin,Easton,Macklin,Stevens,Morris - its like Knill has come along in his rentokill van in his overalls and rodded the drains unblocking a sea of turds in the process.

Howe, Jarvis and Saah have departed (for bigger clubs!).

Their replacements are actually players in the cases such of Harding, Tonge and Cameron who have played in promotion sides last year.

Throw in Chapell and the Benyon boy and there hardly seems any dissension on the board at all. Quite rightly everyone is happy. Even the new shirt is nice.

Whether this is down to Mrs Bristow or Alan Knill I really have not got a clue but cant wait for the next signing. Still cannot believe we will sign Manset - if we do I will down the bookies but the suns shining and its looking good at the moment.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

"its like Knill has come along in his rentokill van in his overalls and rodded the drains unblocking a sea of turds in the process."

That made I laugh !!!! Thanks Brucie :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

A good positive posting from brucie - things must be looking up!

Happy with the signing of Harding - you only have to look at the fact that he's been part of successful Aldershot and Northampton sides to see that he will know what it takes to succeed in this division. He strikes me as the sort of player who does the un-sung role in Centre Mid, but weighs in with more of a goal threat than say Lathrope.

Can't wait to see who else we have lined up
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

Another good - experienced signing!

COYG!!! :scarf:
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

brucie wrote:Well from being worried by the lack of signings we are now it seems all fairly satisfied and probably quite rightly so.
I wonder if anyone still thinks that we should still have Ling in charge this season.
Howe and Saah would probably still be here on a massive pay rise. Macklin,Stevens and Morris would have had three year deals and Ling would have been down the boozer by now - his transfer activity done and dusted.

We have a proper No 2 in Chris Brass. A refreshing change from the likes of Taylor and Shaun Dwarf.

On the playing side - well we have cleared out a hell of alot of dross lets be fair. Halpin,Easton,Macklin,Stevens,Morris - its like Knill has come along in his rentokill van in his overalls and rodded the drains unblocking a sea of turds in the process.

Their replacements are actually players in the cases such of Harding, Tonge and Cameron who have played in promotion sides last year.

Throw in Chapell and the Benyon boy and there hardly seems any dissension on the board at all. Quite rightly everyone is happy. Even the new shirt is nice.

Whether this is down to Mrs Bristow or Alan Knill I really have not got a clue but cant wait for the next signing. Still cannot believe we will sign Manset - if we do I will down the bookies but the suns shining and its looking good at the moment.
Am I still alive?????????

brucie I agree
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

brucie wrote:Well from being worried by the lack of signings we are now it seems all fairly satisfied and probably quite rightly so.

:whistle: :whistle: Not interested in your opinions on fashion! :whistle: :whistle: :na: :na:
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

brucie rectus est. Quom bruci concurro.