Season Preview

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plymouth Gull

Season Preview

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Now completed on the main site. Hope you enjoy! :)
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

what do you mean by the main site nick?? is there more to torquayfans.com than this??

linkage please??
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

well i go to bleddy sea!!

i never knew all that was there too, just thought it was this forum!!

www.torquayfans.com if it wasnt just me that didnt know!!
still keeping the faith
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Excellent Nick - thanks! We'll look back next May to see how close you were. Your predictions are very logical but I think Newport will do better than you suggest. Dave Thomas usually does a pre-season forecast in the Herald Depress so it will be interesting to see his version.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Great work Nick - very interesting read. I love a prediction I do!

I think Exeter might struggle big time this year - especially if Tisdale goes. I predict them to finish 22nd which would please me as I enjoy the banter and if we don't go up I would prefer them in our division next year.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Excellent preview Nick. Just finished reading it all, and it's interesting to see all the comings and goings. Like Tomogul, I have a feeling Newport will survive, but, apart from that, I don't have your bravery to make any real predictions at this stage. Except to say that it's not going to be a boring season..!! :-D
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

Good preview Nick .. I think that you're pretty much spot on with most of the predictions, i think Argyle might cause a few problems though .. Just have that feeling that Sheridan will have them well drilled and up for it .. Like we will be.
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Newport won't finish last. Too much dross in this league for that to happen, also the odds are in their favour of no promoted side ever going straight back down.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Newport also have a Euromillions winner on board. He hasn't thrown money at them, but if they were in trouble in January then he would probably dip into his pocket, like when they added Jolley last January to try to secure promotion.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I was only half-awake, so not sure if I heard it right, but it seems the prospects for the Devon teams in the coming season will be discussed on BBC Radio Devon tonight at 6pm. Guests will include Paul Sturrock and Martin Ling. If you want to phone in, call 0845 3011034 after 5pm.

There'll be a competitive mini-league among the south and west clubs, Torquay, Exeter, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Cheltenham, Newport and Bristol Rovers, with some interesting local derbies coming up. But, after all the comings and goings in pre-season, surely there's no doubt as to which is going to be Devon's top team...
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

I think the battle to be Devon's top team this year will be a very interesting one. personally I have the feeling that Plymouth will be the surprise team in this division this year. Sheridan has made some very good signings and the key for me is that he has signed some very experienced players. I would go for Plymouth finishing in the Play offs, yourselves just outside and Exeter in the lower half of the League. I think you have made some good signings but not convinced that the overall quality will be there to transform you from a relegation threatened team to Play Off contenders. In many ways your starting eleven will be of a similar quality to ours and it would not surprise me one bit if we spend a lot of the season in a similar position.
oldpedant
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by oldpedant »

It appears that the Independent (the national one) think we're in trouble ..

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 44191.html
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

rubbish article

"At Exeter, Paul Tisdale could well conjure up another over-performance to sneak his team up through the play-offs."

:lol: :lol:
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

looking at that ridiculous article it seems like lazy, couldnt give a toss, know nothing of what they are writing about journalism. plucking names out of thin air by the looks of it.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

chunkygull wrote:looking at that ridiculous article it seems like lazy, couldnt give a toss, know nothing of what they are writing about journalism. plucking names out of thin air by the looks of it.
i really shouldn't let crappy articles annoy me, but I do, so I always seem to end up posting a comment.

one day I'll learn.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.