Mackenzie loaned out

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Mackenzie loaned out

Post by stevegull »

Mackenzie gets a loan move to Conference North side Gloucester City. Seems a good move. At least it is higher up the pyramid than Yeoman managed with his loan move!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24915186
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Strange timing this - what with O'Connor unavailable for the weekend. Guess Cruise will be asked to cover again if either Pearce or Downes have a problem.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Don't think it's strange to be honest Rich, we have enough cover with both Pearce and Downes back fit, BSN is a very good standard, this move should benefit the lad.
Formerly known as forevertufc
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

As it's only a month and until O'Connor goes back then I suppose it is a good move for Kirtys but obviously when O'Connor goes back I expect Kirtys to be recalled at once (should he have not sustained any injury whilst turning out for them).
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Richinns wrote:Strange timing this - what with O'Connor unavailable for the weekend. Guess Cruise will be asked to cover again if either Pearce or Downes have a problem.
This manager is intent on getting his own players in and players who are un tried like Kirtis, Thompson, and Yeoman have suffered. If Knill had done a better job in the Summer these players could have been the ones stepping in for the odd game gaining experience but Knill has not got the b-lls for that.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

What job did you want Knill to do? He's signed some unbelievable players, really. We have absolutely no right to be attracting Pearce and Chappell and Knill has done well to attract the loanees he has under the circumstances we can offer both player and parent club.
Kirtys may just as well head out on loan. With the best will in the world, he isn't going to be anything like as good as O'Connor. Sitting on the bench (at best) each week isn't going to change that. Heading out on loan gets him some pitch time, a change of environment and some alternative training. It frees up a few quid a week for us to, perhaps, sign someone else or to pay the phone bill. Good news all round, if you ask me.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
CapeTownGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Colin Lee

Post by CapeTownGull »

This seems odd to me. I thought Knill would have learnt from recent experience when he lost both centre backs and bemoaned his bad luck. Sure it was unlucky to lose both but if either Downes or Pearce are injured or sent off today, he has no cover. Cruise is by all accounts not a centre back and should anyway be at left back. Hope Mackenzie comes back at end of the loan and is given chance to play.
thegreedygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by thegreedygull »

All together now , we've have more loans than Wonga. On a serious point why loan someone out when there is very little competition for places.
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

CapeTownGull wrote:This seems odd to me. I thought Knill would have learnt from recent experience when he lost both centre backs and bemoaned his bad luck. Sure it was unlucky to lose both but if either Downes or Pearce are injured or sent off today, he has no cover. Cruise is by all accounts not a centre back and should anyway be at left back. Hope Mackenzie comes back at end of the loan and is given chance to play.
OConnor is only missing for one game is he not? Plus Kirtys will have a recall clause in the loan contract. Letting him out for a month of a properly competetive league will aid his development more than sitting on the bench and playing a reserve game once every 2 or 3 weeks. Even then, he's really not going to start ahead of Downes or Pearce at present is he.
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
CapeTownGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Colin Lee

Post by CapeTownGull »

After today i agree, but we could be found out if we get an injury during today's match.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

CapeTownGull wrote:After today i agree, but we could be found out if we get an injury during today's match.
I held a similar view to you capetowngull but i can see it is a good move all round. If any of Pearce or Downes to have to off for whatever reason today then we put Cruise in there temporarily. I know Cruise isn't a centre back but Knill is not to blame for Cruise being not even remotely competent in that position. I do happen to think that Cruise could have done better than he has in that position possibly why Knill leaves him out now because he feels Tom has let him down when asked to fill in?

After all, before Cruise had to fill in he had wrestled the full back berth from Nico only to dropped again when the centre halves had returned which i found odd as Nico's form had hardly improved massively.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.