Club Statement

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Club Statement

Post by ferrarilover »

Here follows an official* statement from TUFC:

We haven't sacked Alan Knill yet.

We're all as pissed off as you are. This isn't Man City, the Board is comprised of relatively ordinary Torquay fans. We have, not only many hundreds of thousands of pounds, but also the same support as all of you here riding on what happens between now and May.

If you want to help, stop **** whinging on the Internet and get down to Plainmoor to help cheer the lads over the line against Southend.

Yes, it's shit at the moment. Yes, we're playing badly and nothing would give us greater pleasure than to sack Knill and appoint Warnock or Ferguson. Sadly, the reality of the world (which an embarrassingly large proportion of you seem to fail to understand) doesn't allow it. If you want to watch a team which wins every week and can simply spend its way out of trouble, I suggest you flog your season ticket and sign up to Sky Sports to watch Man City every bloody week.

We're doing the best with what we've got. If you're not happy, you buy the **** club off us and do a better job.

Best regards,

The TUFC Board.

There you go, now you've got your statement.

Matt.

*not official at all.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

You were doing so well, until the final line.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

You think they're not doing the best they can with what they've got?

Matt.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Nick wrote:You were doing so well, until the final line.
I liked it including the final line ;-)
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

ferrarilover wrote:Here follows an official* statement from TUFC:

Matt.

*not official at all.
"Doing the best with what we've got." We are bottom, heading for the Conference. If that is the best I'd hate to see the worst.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Then perhaps you're one of those who should be at home watching Man City. Unfortunately, the non-League trapdoor is a very real prospect for a Torquay fan. Have a look at the clubs in the conference and tell me that we have any right at all to be placed above them in the league structure. If you think where we are is so unexpected that we need to panic and fuss, then TUFC isn't the club for you, I'm afraid.

Matt.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

ferrarilover wrote:Then perhaps you're one of those who should be at home watching Man City. Unfortunately, the non-League trapdoor is a very real prospect for a Torquay fan. Have a look at the clubs in the conference and tell me that we have any right at all to be placed above them in the league structure. If you think where we are is so unexpected that we need to panic and fuss, then TUFC isn't the club for you, I'm afraid.

Matt.
Don't insult me pal. I have been a fan for 49 years (first game FA Cup Round 2 home to Colchester with my dad), I know damn well what to expect. I hate the Premiership and only watch the occasional England game on the telly. I am NOT a stay at home fan, I go to home games and I go to away games (not Accrington, as that is close to hell). I love my team, and please don't suggest anything different again on the forum. We have no "right" to be in the League, but I do not accept that failure is OK. I don't think that because we are little old Torquay we should accept being bottom. If I think our manager is failing then I have a right as a paying customer to say so.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

ferrarilover wrote:You think they're not doing the best they can with what they've got?

Matt.
In a word, no.

Don't know if I can be really bothered to go into any more detail though, as lots has already been said (and will be repeated on this thread in due course no doubt)..
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

gullintwoplaces wrote:
Don't insult me pal. I have been a fan for 49 years (first game FA Cup Round 2 home to Colchester with my dad)...
What a cracking first game to see. A lot of expectation of reaching the 3rd round after a first round 6-0 win at Canterbury City and having beaten Colchester United (who were a division higher than us) 3-0 in a League Cup replay earlier in the season. A cracking and typical long range Robin Stubbs goal made it 2-0 in the last minute to set up that long wait for the balls to come out of the hat on Monday lunchtime. Number ?? .... Torquay United. Will play number ?? ... Tottenham Hotspur. Happy days. I've momentarily cheered up! ;-)
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

gullintwoplaces wrote: Don't insult me pal. I have been a fan for 49 years (first game FA Cup Round 2 home to Colchester with my dad), I know damn well what to expect. I hate the Premiership and only watch the occasional England game on the telly. I am NOT a stay at home fan, I go to home games and I go to away games (not Accrington, as that is close to hell). I love my team, and please don't suggest anything different again on the forum. We have no "right" to be in the League, but I do not accept that failure is OK. I don't think that because we are little old Torquay we should accept being bottom. If I think our manager is failing then I have a right as a paying customer to say so.
:goodpost:

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Don't worry. The Gulls will win all their December games and Alan Knill will be named Manager of the Month. :)
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

We're all as pissed off as you are. This isn't Man City, the Board is comprised of relatively ordinary Torquay fans. We have, not only many hundreds of thousands of pounds, but also the same support as all of you here riding on what happens between now and May.

If you want to help, stop f**king whinging on the Internet and get down to Plainmoor to help cheer the lads over the line against Southend. It might work for one game but like you, we realise that the following game will probably be lost and we will be back to square one. It's just we made a stupid mistake in appointing Alan Knill and now we don't know what to do.

Yes, it's sh*t at the moment. In fact it is almost the worst it has ever been. Yes, we're playing badly and nothing would give us greater pleasure than to sack Knill and appoint, well, anyone. Sadly, the reality of the world (which an embarrassingly large proportion of you seem to fail to understand, in fact everyone, other than Matt, in his bubble of denial) doesn't allow it. If you want to watch a team which wins every week and can simply spend its way out of trouble, I suggest you flog your season ticket - not that you could even give it away and sign up to Sky Sports to watch Man City every bloody week, not that they even win every week. We are unlike other clubs who get rid of underperforming managers, as we are little old Torquay, not fit for League football. In fact, perhaps Alan Knill has worked miracles to win as many as THREE games. If it wasn't for the BBC and dodgy referees, we would be mid-table and we wouldn't even be having to have this conversation.

We're doing the best with what we've got. If you're not happy, I guess you will not come anymore and we will lose even more off the gate and associated income. But you are our customer and paying £20 a match, or not, to watch a losing team, badly managed, is your choice as a consumer to make. Obviously, we are aware, that once we are relegated we will lose hundreds of thousands of pounds in revenue and that our league career will be over for good. We will be a in a worse position than even Chris Roberts left us in.

However, seeing we have the support of Matt, and 8 other fans (probably some of these have multi-user accounts - so probably just Matt & Stefano) then we will continue to stick our heads in the sand and hope it all goes away. When the crowd shout at the next game, we will stick our fingers in our ears and pretend we cannot hear you.

Best regards,

Matt.

*not official at all.

Edited for factuals
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

Is Mr Ling about to return?
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

Matt.

*not official at all.

Priceless wind up :clap: :clap: :clap: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

yellowmonkey wrote:Is Mr Ling about to return?
Shouldn't think so, no.