Burton game midweek meal deal .... Good Idea

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Banging_Them_In
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Captain

Burton game midweek meal deal .... Good Idea

Post by Banging_Them_In »

I have to say that the meal deal for when the Gulls take on Burton Albion at Plainmoor on Tuesday, the first home game under the leadership of new boss Chris Hargreaves, is a crakin' idea. It sounds excellent value for a mid-week treat and to see the return of the Lord Jesus for his 1st match at the Moor.

Season-ticket holders can have three-course meal for the bargain price of just £10 and then it’s £30 for adults, which includes a match ticket, and £15 for kids with a match ticket.

I think that is pretty good deal myself..... I wish I lived closer
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

The reason that the club have done this is because its my birthday. :) Nice way to celebrate, three course meal and three points. Can't go wrong. :lol:
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Fair okay for getting some idea on board but a ticket in the bench is £20 anyway. £10 for a meal sounds about right. So it's not that amazing if it's broken down, I think?
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

£10 for a three course meal "sounds about right"? Do you eat exclusively at McDonald's?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Agreed, that's a cracking deal, you can't eat a 3 course meal anywhere for £10 Christ the last KFC I brought for the 4 of us in my household cost £18, and the standard of food up in n10's is first class, would recommend it to any one. unfortunately will not be able to take up the offer myself, but if you've never been up there, give it a go.
Formerly known as forevertufc
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by diamondgirl »

To be fair, that's a really good deal. I can concur with my mate Forever. The standard of nosh that is served up is first class.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Could do with a bit of help, emailed Dean early this afternoon to try and book no. 10s for two before the Burton game, but know he's busy, so will maybe try and call him tomorrow lunch if still haven't got a reply.
Is there a set time or a window in which to choose? And do I choose my courses when I arrive or is it a set menu? Sorry for stupid questions, haven't done it before, hoping there is still spaces left as I'm going straight from work and am well up for a pre game beer and a munch. Cheers.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular

Post by brooker »

Still can't get hold of anyone on phone or by email with regards to no10s for burton, anyone know if theyre full, or if there is another number I could ring?
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by diamondgirl »

What no. are you ringing Brooker?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Brooker, understand you're frustration, if no ones contacted you back, however have you tried ringing reception, and asking to book in for the Burton meal, I did that last time I booked, and got put through to the chef, who booked me in.
Formerly known as forevertufc
brooker
First Regular
First Regular

Post by brooker »

Just rang reception, and she's checking on spaces and giving me a call to confirm sometime today.

Should have done that straight away to be honest, but thanks for the help guys. The number I called originally was the number given on the website, which I think is Dean Edwards mobile, and emailed the commercial email account. Don't blame Dean, anyone who's seen him running around on a match-day probably knows the guy has enough on his plate, but think the club could have put the reception number on the website, rather than some poor guys mobile when he is too busy to answer. Once again, thanks for the help.
TufcTom
New Signing
New Signing

Post by TufcTom »

Well... My initial thread was moved and I doubt it will get seen in the icebreaker forum so I'll ask again here,

Me and my girlfriend want to book tickets at the back of the bench for the burton game but are the seats that we actually book 'ours' or is it a free for all where you sit like it normally is at away games?

Cheers

Tom
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by diamondgirl »

Tom, you will sit in the seat that is reserved/booked. Hope that answers your question.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Oh ****, here comes Tezza to tell us all how hard it is to sit in your allotted seat... again.

Ignore him when, inevitably, he does post. Pick a seat where you wanna sit. If, when you get there, someone is sitting in it already, ask them politely (you know, like a normal human being) to move up a couple. It's Burton on a Tuesday, there'll be about 3,000,000,000 empty seats, so they won't have trouble finding an equally suitably viewpoint.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
TufcTom
New Signing
New Signing

Post by TufcTom »

Erm... Matt, I don't quite understand the reason behind your sarcasm? It seemed like quite a fair question to me.