What I would do if I were Hargreaves on Saturday

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
harrytorquay101
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Billy Bodin

What I would do if I were Hargreaves on Saturday

Post by harrytorquay101 »

So Bodin is out for a while and Shaquille Coulthirst, who I would love to have next season, has gone back to Spurs. I think this is a great opportunity to line up the players who are likely to be here or who will be offered contracts next season. This is what I would do(excludes O'Connor, young player of the year for me but not likely to be here next season)
Rice
Tonge - Pearce - O'Connor - Cargill/Cruise
Thompson/Stevens/Sullivan - Manse - Lathrope - Cameron
Yeoman - Sullivan/Benyon

I believe we will be able to get Cargill back next season. Hargreaves has constantly been mensioning he wants to make youngsters. Perfect oportunty to get the likes of Yeoman, Sully and Thompson playing! Thoughts?
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

This is not a pre-season friendly.. :@

However, I see where you're coming from. It would certainly be interesting to see Thompson, for example, replacing Coulthirst, but I'm not sure this is the right game for it. Wycombe will be playing hard for the very slim chance they have to avoid relegation, so I reckon it will not be an easy game for the Gulls. It would be interesting to see them achieve that and to see who will then be going down with us: Bristol Rovers or Northampton.. :)
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

I would apologise. ;-)
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Pick his strongest side.

If he feels Mansell is worthy of a starting berth then substitute him toward the end for a nice send off. Same with Nicholson, although less likely he'll select him ahead of Cargill. People like that sort of thing.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

harrytorquay101 wrote:So Bodin is out for a while and Shaquille Coulthirst, who I would love to have next season, has gone back to Spurs. I think this is a great opportunity to line up the players who are likely to be here or who will be offered contracts next season. This is what I would do(excludes O'Connor, young player of the year for me but not likely to be here next season)
Rice
Tonge - Pearce - O'Connor - Cargill/Cruise
Thompson/Stevens/Sullivan - Manse - Lathrope - Cameron
Yeoman - Sullivan/Benyon

I believe we will be able to get Cargill back next season. Hargreaves has constantly been mensioning he wants to make youngsters. Perfect oportunty to get the likes of Yeoman, Sully and Thompson playing! Thoughts?
If you're picking those that will, probably, be here next season, you should play Harding (under contract) and not Mansell (who isn't)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Gullscorer wrote: You don't have to be Hargreaves to do that. Just apologise anyway.. :@
Calm down and relax. Think of the blood pressure ;-)
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I'd buy each and every fan a pie. :-D

Oh and get Hawley to dress up as Gilbert 2 and get involved in some kids activities. Get him earning some of the money you lot pay him.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

Don't forget that Karl is injured, Andy............our hospital list is expanding.Can't get rid of some players for that reason :( :(
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

taxilady wrote:Don't forget that Karl is injured, Andy............our hospital list is expanding.Can't get rid of some players for that reason :( :(
Yeah, over exertion by divebombing innocent bystanders on Dawlish beach!

It certainly wasn't via over exertion in any other capacity. =D
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.