New sponsors?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CP Gull

New sponsors?

Post by CP Gull »

Well, it seems that just 1 year into their 5 year partnership, the club's shirt sponsors WTS have mutually agreed to end the deal. Whilst this would normally appear to be bad news it does seem as though the club has another sponsor lined up, prepared to pay more, so hopefully this will be good news in the near future. I just hope the split was as "amicable" as has been suggested, as we can ill afford to lose any sponsors, least of all the ones who pay substantial monies to have their branding on the club's shirts!

I guess this might also explain why the club shop (and Sports Direct) are currently practically giving the replica shirts away! It's just a shame that they can't change the stripes while they are at it!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Yep, saw that Chris. Also please take this opportunity to change that gord damn awful kit, TUFC's colours are yellow and blue, not pale lemon on white stripes.
Formerly known as forevertufc
DerbyshireGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Billy Bodin

Post by DerbyshireGull »

I find it a bit odd CP how we could manage to attract a sponsor prepared to pay more than WTS now we are a conference club and still seemingly in a right old pickle on and off the field. Is this likely and does it happen?
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

Now on the OS.

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 92064.aspx

It'll be interesting to see who takes over.
Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf:
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

IF WTS have stepped aside because the club have found someone who pays more than we must be very grateful to WTS for their support and the honourable step aside.

A worry I have that the WTS contract was signed with the stipulation that we are a league club and now WTS have exercised the right to withdraw after this status was lost. A completely fabricated suggestion on my part but with the hits we have had recently I would not be surprised!

I hope the first conclusion is the case and we are not left without a sponsor which will further hurt / destroy the budget.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
DerbyshireGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by DerbyshireGull »

Thanks OBH. Well if this is indeed true then credit where it's due to some behind the scenes who clearly have been doing some spadework in making this happen and making more money for the club. I find it weird though but hey ho, it's happened and full credit. I'd like to thank WTS for their financial input last season although I'm sure we could all debate about the levels of 'fun' they had whilst watching us! It was appreciated anyway.

Who will our new sponsors be?

Babbacombe Model Village would be quaint.
DerbyshireGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by DerbyshireGull »

I'd not even thought about that Richinns and it's a good point. As there is no mention of such a stipulation on the press release then i'll just have to trust the board and give them the benefit of the doubt. :O :lol:

If there WAS such a stipulation then for the life of me I can't see why they wouldn't just tell us that the old deal had been severed because of it and we've found a new deal.
Last edited by DerbyshireGull on 02 Jun 2014, 10:55, edited 1 time in total.
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

Richinns wrote:A worry I have that the WTS contract was signed with the stipulation that we are a league club and now WTS have exercised the right to withdraw after this status was lost. A completely fabricated suggestion on my part but with the hits we have had recently I would not be surprised!
I always wondered if this was the case with Sparkworld too...
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

DerbyshireGull wrote:Thanks OBH. Well if this is indeed true then credit where it's due to some behind the scenes who clearly have been doing some spadework in making this happen and making more money for the club. I find it weird though but hey ho, it's happened and full credit. I'd like to thank WTS for their financial input last season although I'm sure we could all debate about the levels of 'fun' they had whilst watching us! It was appreciated anyway.

Who will our new sponsors be?

Babbacombe Model Village would be quaint.
I was thinking more of Bygones Andy. Quite apt given the fact our League status is now history. :lol:
Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well, Andy Candy and chaps from WTS are all logged in to the site right now, but I doubt for one minute they'll be able to post any information on here regards why this has come about. For me, if a new sponsor was already signed and sealed , why hasn't it been announced at the same time, just a slight concern there, for me.
Formerly known as forevertufc
DerbyshireGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by DerbyshireGull »

Why do TUFC do this? Like I've said before, this is not the secret service. Have WTS exercised a clause in their contract to cut the deal? If so then tell us. What is the big problem? Have we found another sponsor? If not then tell us. We can deal with it. From the O/S reading it again it is not clear that we have, it indicates that it paves the way for another sponsor with more cash to come forward. It doesn't actually say that we have one lined up or signed sealed and delivered. Has my previous post been too......er well, too 'previous' and now on the face of it we've all been done up once again like a purse seine full of kippers?

Let them get on with it I say and we'll just have to hope that those running the club are starting to learn lessons, starting to tell the truth because other than not going to Plainmoor again, there's not much we can do about it.

'Even if you are in the minority of one - the truth is the truth'

Mahatma Gandhi (and me too! :) )
CharlieWTS
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CharlieWTS »

Richinns wrote:IF WTS have stepped aside because the club have found someone who pays more than we must be very grateful to WTS for their support and the honourable step aside.

A worry I have that the WTS contract was signed with the stipulation that we are a league club and now WTS have exercised the right to withdraw after this status was lost. A completely fabricated suggestion on my part but with the hits we have had recently I would not be surprised!

I hope the first conclusion is the case and we are not left without a sponsor which will further hurt / destroy the budget.

Good Morning Richinns, I am the Group Operations Manager for WTS and can confirm that there was no stipulation on what league United were in, We have agreed to go our seperate ways to allow another sponsor to put more money into the club when it is most needed, I can also confirm that we at WTS do not know who is taking over the front of shirt.
Charlie
WTS |Group Operations Manager

Tel 0845 241 6288 Fax 0845 299 2223
Head Office: Queensgate House, 48 Queen Street, Exeter, EX4 3SR
DerbyshireGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by DerbyshireGull »

Thanks Charlie! :-D

See, told you we should trust the board! :lol:

My first post stands. :scarf:

I'm feeling positive already. :bow:
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Will we go for a country sponsor like Atletico Madrid, sponsored by Azerbaijan ("Land of Fire")? We could approach Kazakhstan ("not just Borat!") or Qatar ("How much?").
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

CharlieWTS wrote:
Good Morning Richinns, I am the Group Operations Manager for WTS and can confirm that there was no stipulation on what league United were in, We have agreed to go our seperate ways to allow another sponsor to put more money into the club when it is most needed, I can also confirm that we at WTS do not know who is taking over the front of shirt.
Thanks Charlie for this info

Please therefore note the "IF WTS have stepped aside because the club have found someone who pays more than we must be very grateful to WTS for their support and the honourable step aside." part of my message.

I hope you and all at WTS continue to have a connection to the club.

All the very best

Richard
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/