Away Day? Kiddy.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Away Day? Kiddy.

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Just having a quick scan of the fixtures after another "WORST DAY EVER" at work. Realised for the first time that there are precious few opportunities for the traditional away day, whereby everyone makes the extra special effort to attend a convenient away match to bolster the support. Forrest Green being midweek (although I expect the support will be of reasonable size given our current form) is out and Rovers being New Year's Day doesn't really count, the only one I envisage being significant is Kidderminster Nov 1st.

Who's going? (Copy paste and add)

Dave P + 2
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

What about Telford.
Lucy
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

See yo at Kiddy. Nicho reunion.
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Dave_Pougher »

chippygull wrote:See yo at Kiddy. Nicho reunion.

Forgot about that, hope he gets a good reception.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

i would like to go to Kiddy. anyone like to offer a lift. will pay my share.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

Great idea, I Think I shall go.
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

Been there 3 times, won all 3 occasions, the last being a nice 5-2 win with Hinch scoring from the half way line. So count me in :clap:
To the dotted line, We're on our way
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

DJ Gull wrote:Been there 3 times, won all 3 occasions, the last being a nice 5-2 win with Hinch scoring from the half way line. So count me in :clap:
Oh yeah, so it was. We'd beaten Histon 5-4 the week before in the most extraordinary match, then we pulled this out of the bag. That was a fabulous goal from Hinchelwood (sp?), took one look up as the ball rolled back to him and gave it the big boot straight into the top corner. Wonderful stuff. I seem to recall that was his debut, but I may have that incorrect.

Last time I visited, I went to see Kiddy v Darts when our match was called off late in the day. Diamondgirl and I flashed up there in about 2 hours and arrived just in time for KO. All was going well, Darts went one up early... Then lost 5-1. Jamille Matt got at least two, about a week before he signed for Fleetwood for some astronomical sum. Wouldn't have made any difference, Dartford were well beaten. Still, it's usually a goal fest, and with Nicho up against Cameron/Chaps/Ajala/Briscoe, it could be a profitable day...

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

ferrarilover wrote: Oh yeah, so it was. We'd beaten Histon 5-4 the week before in the most extraordinary match, then we pulled this out of the bag. That was a fabulous goal from Hinchelwood (sp?), took one look up as the ball rolled back to him and gave it the big boot straight into the top corner. Wonderful stuff. I seem to recall that was his debut, but I may have that incorrect.

Last time I visited, I went to see Kiddy v Darts when our match was called off late in the day. Diamondgirl and I flashed up there in about 2 hours and arrived just in time for KO. All was going well, Darts went one up early... Then lost 5-1. Jamille Matt got at least two, about a week before he signed for Fleetwood for some astronomical sum. Wouldn't have made any difference, Dartford were well beaten. Still, it's usually a goal fest, and with Nicho up against Cameron/Chaps/Ajala/Briscoe, it could be a profitable day...

Matt.
That was his debut, and the opposing keeper who conceded 5 goals was on his debut after being loaned to kiddy (Can't remember where from)
To the dotted line, We're on our way
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Was it not a Kiddy loanee who played in goal for Cambridge in the Playoff Final?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Paul Hinshelwood's debut was actually 12 days before that, when we lost 3-1 to Burton.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/playe ... son_id=137

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Dave_Pougher »

I'm still going
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero