Game in hand

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Game in hand

Post by tufcbrett »

Does anyone know when our game in hand is after most of the league playing yesterday and we didnt. Plus by 5:30 on Saturday we will have 2 in hand. I tried to look but I must be blind.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

One in the hand is worth two in the bush? Hmmmmmm
KingsteigntonYellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by KingsteigntonYellow »

I've heard its not until we play Halifax in December that we'll be on level terms with games played.

Really annoying as it puts all the pressure on us to keep matching points.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

KingsteigntonYellow wrote:I've heard its not until we play Halifax in December that we'll be on level terms with games played.

It's when we play on the 25th November.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
KingsteigntonYellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by KingsteigntonYellow »

Scott Brehaut wrote: It's when we play on the 25th November.
Ah, not as bad then. Still annoying, mind.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Interesting, we, as a club in general moan because we haven't played this Tuesday, had we played, I wonder if we'd be moaning about tiredness.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

KingsteigntonYellow wrote:I've heard its not until we play Halifax in December that we'll be on level terms with games played.

If we go on another winning streak, the game in hand won't look so annoying.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

tufcbrett wrote:Does anyone know when our game in hand is after most of the league playing yesterday and we didnt. Plus by 5:30 on Saturday we will have 2 in hand. I tried to look but I must be blind.
Why would we have two games in hand at 5.30 on Saturday..?? And would that be 5.30 am or pm..?? :-/
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

We don't kick off until half 5 on Saturday, and we already have a game in hand.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

tufcbrett wrote:Does anyone know when our game in hand is after most of the league playing yesterday and we didnt. Plus by 5:30 on Saturday we will have 2 in hand. I tried to look but I must be blind.
Why would we have two games in hand at 5.30 on Saturday..?? And would that be 5.30 am or pm..?? :-/
Scott Brehaut wrote:We don't kick off until half 5 on Saturday, and we already have a game in hand.
pm then.. :~D And an overnight trip back home... :-/
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Its strange we catch up on some teams on the 25th November but I believe we don't catch up on others (one being Bristol Rovers) till the December game with Halifax.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

AlexGulls wrote:Its strange we catch up on some teams on the 25th November but I believe we don't catch up on others (one being Bristol Rovers) till the December game with Halifax.
Alex - don't even attempt to understand the reasoning of the Conference fixtures schedule. We played Forest Green last week and we're playing them at home in about six weeks time, we're home to Grimsby on Saturday week after playing them away less than a month ago and shortly we will be playing Barnet twice within three weeks. There's no logic to the fixtures planning whatsoever.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

What's all the fuss with not playing this midweek, the young squad will have get a good rest, and let's face it, come February after 3/4 home postponements we will have 4/5 games in hand
Lucy
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

AlexGulls wrote:Its strange we catch up on some teams on the 25th November but I believe we don't catch up on others (one being Bristol Rovers) till the December game with Halifax.
Not that strange really. There's a run of 3 midweek matches on the 25 Nov/2 Dec/9 Dec. We play all three weeks. At a quick glance, most of the other teams only seem to play on 2 out of the 3 Tuesdays, so thats why we catch up then (though someone's bound to have not played the same number of games as us).
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

We should not allow any pressures to build up because of games in hand. Rather, we should be even more determined to win the points in the games we do play, and so maintain our position among the other promotion chasers.

And that's perfectly achievable. With a game in hand, we're still fifth, only 2 points behind second place and 5 points behind the leaders.

If we can get back to second place, or even top spot, and still have games in hand, then it's the other teams who will be feeling the pressures..