john ramshaw

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

john ramshaw

Post by westyorkshiregull »

with all the chat going on regarding managers and boards , I thought I'd start a topic for john ramshaw.
I think he deserves a lot of credit for the way he has conducted himself since Paul cox left. yes they have a partnership going back sometime but I think john has shown some class with his morals and has conducted himself in a manner which lacks generally from the game.
has stated not wanting the job full time ...may work with a new manager if it's in the interest of club....

If Saturdays game is his last in charge let's hope for a win for torquay and I think he would fully deserve a few plaudits
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Totally agree, He could have walked with Paul Cox, choose to stay and help out, think all TUFC fans will appreciate his efforts.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I second that. He's a good man. But for heaven's sake, we should start paying him a decent wage.

And he'd make a good number two to Martin Ling.. :whistle:
Yellows
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yellows »

But there is no money!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I'm sorry but he isn't the answer either. Doesn't look to me that he could galvanise a scalded cat. He's going and the sooner the better. Yes he has stayed on blah blah blah but its all about us winning games under somebody and it isn't going to happen under him.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Deserves credit and feel he should be offered a short term opportunity to see how it goes. That aside he's probably the cheapest option.
Costa1
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Smith

Post by Costa1 »

Dave_Pougher wrote:Deserves credit and feel he should be offered a short term opportunity to see how it goes. That aside he's probably the cheapest option.
He doesn't want it, but imagine he'd stay on in a coaching capacity if asked. He's an excellent coach, respected by the players and will be an asset to the club if he is kept on.
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

He may not be cut out to be a No.1 - which he has indicated himself - but I'd like to thank him for staying on despite not being paid. He must know he will be out when the new manager is appointed but obviously has a lot of respect for the board and club... unlike his former boss who walked out the day before we had a game :whistle:
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

says in hearld that ramshaw has left now as offered to help nicholson out. As previously stated I think he shown torquay and the fans some decent respect and wishing him well
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

I wish him well too, he could have followed Cox out the door immediately but he did the honourable thing and with the exception of the Bromley match which Edwards was in charge of anyway, neither of his two matches were particularly bad performances. Undone by two set pieces against Boreham and then Ex against Lincoln. Not great performances but given the circumstances he did his best. Little bit disappointed that the club didn't want him to stay around.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Full respect to John. He leaves with dignity and we should all be greatfull he hung around to help the team. He could have gone with Cox
Lucy
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

feel sorry for him as he offered to stay on as assistant, but the club said no.
The gulls are going up
Georg

Post by Georg »

Is this a case of certain people want to clear out anyone associated with Paul cox??
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

George wrote:Is this a case of certain people want to clear out anyone associated with Paul cox??
Or a new manager not wanting to work with some random non-league (and he is proper non-league, some clubs on his CV I've never heard of) coach whom he doesn't know. Nothing unusual here.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Babbacombe Ben
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Wes Saunders

Post by Babbacombe Ben »

Not quite the truth!!
Ramshaw offered his assistance during the transitional period ONLY. He had no intention to stay on any longer. FACT.
The fact Nicho had his own #2 was a major relief to him.
Someone who puts the club before his own ego and people want to have a go??? Beggars belief.
Clubs on his CV you have never heard of?? Wow!!! From "big time Torquay" LOL
Hucknall Town, Eastwood Town, Hednesford Town all Conference North (a level TUFC may be competing at sooner than they think) and Leek Town a former Conference National Club.
Actually a very impressive non league CV. Time to wake up and smell the coffee mate. Torquay United ARE a non league club.