Can we Get to Wembley?.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Can we Get to Wembley?.

Post by Glostergull »

I may be doing the club a favour by asking this. after all many of your don't want to get to Wembley. and for sure i am putting the mockers on any chance we have now by asking.. But what could be the benefits and how can it galvanise the team?. will it raise enough money to really help in our push to safety, or will it hinder? with too many games left and cup games in addition, although hopefully only three. How much money have we made from the trophy and is it worthwhile. Over to you
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
jimhart33
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by jimhart33 »

The main benefit of last nights win apart from the £7K ( i think) which could pay for a late emergency loan if required, is the psychological boost of a win and a clean sheet.
Bognor away is tough but no worse than Macca away.
Due to having so many cup tied players to reach Wembley would seem unlikely, but anything is possible (Could Luke Young be available for the semis).
Now lets beat Boreham Wood on Sat.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

jimhart33 wrote:The main benefit of last nights win apart from the £7K ( i think) which could pay for a late emergency loan if required, is the psychological boost of a win and a clean sheet.
Bognor away is tough but no worse than Macca away.
Due to having so many cup tied players to reach Wembley would seem unlikely, but anything is possible (Could Luke Young be available for the semis).
Now lets beat Boreham Wood on Sat.
What's the deal with Youngy at the moment? A few people have mentioned his potential return (in the thread about postponed games). Does anyone know if he is actually close to full fitness, or is this wishful thinking?
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Has there been any update on Verma?
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

There will be a minimum of four games to win the Trophy, as the semi-final is over two legs. And yes, we can win it, and we can also avoid relegation, but it will be a mighty close-run thing if we do.

Miracles rarely happen, and the odds might be too great, but this could be one of those miraculous seasons. We now have a different squad compared with the first half of the season, and it only needs a little run of wins. Paraphrasing the commentary yesterday, there's no way this Gulls side should be at the bottom of the table.

However, I'm sure the players will appreciate some positive support in every game, rather than negative wait-and-see pessimism. According to the commentary, there was an impressive group of Gulls fans at Macclesfield yesterday. We need more like them at Plainmoor now.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

No
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Can we get to Wembley? Yes, I suppose we can. It's completely different compared to the league, the players aren't under any sort of pressure and it's a chance to play at the national stadium. Would I like us to get to the final? Yes, we've had a season from hell and a Wembley final would be some light at the end of a very, very dark tunnel.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

ooh dear dave. a man of few words. lol. Myself? I think a trip to Wembley will be welcome after this awful season. But with the uplift in Performances i believe that there is the makings of a miracle. the main problem is will it start soon enough to get out of the last 4 . I hope it will. Kevin has installed a work ethic at the club and the players are starting to respond. We need to really get behind them and cheer em on. They will make mistakes along the way thats why they are National league not league two or above. but we can do this is we all pull together. if we go down then at least we won't have done it without one hell of a fight .

torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Can we Get to Wembley? I can on the 9.51 from Tiverton Parkway via Marylebone =D
TUST member 200 ;-)
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Ridiculous thread. We are now twelve points off safety. If we did have any chance of staying up all this is doing is hampering our chances. You can almost guarantee we will lose again on Saturday.

More league games postponed - the likelihood of more home games being postponed because of our pitch. If anyone sees a benefit to our continued participation in the Michael Mouse Trophy then they are insane.

Of course we can't win it. If we pick up suspensions or injuries to any players eligible to play we will struggle to get 11 players on the pitch.
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Bloggy wrote:Has there been any update on Verma?
Waiting for the results of more tests-won't be considered for this Saturday but if cardiologist gives the go-ahead following the test results, could be considered for next Tuesday(against Welling)
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

Your back to form again Brucie. The sort of reply we expect from you.
As for ridiculous thread. Not as ridiculous as your poor support and total negativity on this board. no wonder why most of us ignore you.

Added in 9 minutes 37 seconds:
torq2u wrote:Can we Get to Wembley? I can on the 9.51 from Tiverton Parkway via Marylebone =D
Hahehe. Love it. someone with the same sort if humour as me.

torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Glostergull wrote: Hahehe. Love it. someone with the same sort if humour as me.
Sadly, it's probably an age thing, old bean!
TUST member 200 ;-)
Bognorbiker
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Bognorbiker »

In answer to that Question.....I hope not !!!!

Glad you beat Macclesfield as if we have a draw at Nyewood Lane, I would much prefer to come down to Torquay !!
Anyway, looking forward to seeing lots of you up at Bognor on the 27th.

:scarf:
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Bognorbiker wrote:In answer to that Question.....I hope not !!!!

Glad you beat Macclesfield as if we have a draw at Nyewood Lane, I would much prefer to come down to Torquay !!
Anyway, looking forward to seeing lots of you up at Bognor on the 27th.

:scarf:

You will probably have to wait until June for our pitch to dry out! ;-)