Message from Nico...

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Message from Nico...

Post by DJ Gull »

Maybe a poster or reader of this forum could take this offer up..

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 68437.aspx
To the dotted line, We're on our way
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Torquay United Supporters Trust.

Is it just me or does it seem that the club really doesn't like the TUST very much?
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Yeah think you're right Phil, the TUST seem to have a massive opinion of their own importance considering they are about 100 strong. Just how they come across in anything I've read or heard.

Cynical part of me is wondering would this and the email saying something similar had come out if we'd lost 1-0 at Boreham wood. Probably not.
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

royalgull wrote:Yeah think you're right Phil, the TUST seem to have a massive opinion of their own importance considering they are about 100 strong. Just how they come across in anything I've read or heard.

Cynical part of me is wondering would this and the email saying something similar had come out if we'd lost 1-0 at Boreham wood. Probably not.
TUST currently has about 430 members.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

so a 1/4 of our average attendance which will be our lowest average for yonks if not ever.
northlondongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by northlondongull »

TUST needs to double its membership at the very least to be a serious prospect. I think I am right in saying that Exeter City's Trust has over 3000 members. Michael has done some very good work but I would implore anyone on here who is a genuine Torquay Fan to join and see what the organisation can do. I appreciate that for many finances are tight however at £2 per month it is not a massive financial commitment.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

I don't think this article particularly thumbs it's nose to TUST at all.

It is the club trying to proactively engage with fans and the more ways they do this, the better. They recognise issues of the past and are looking to understand them and make sure they don't happen again. Assuming all the answers lie within TUST would be folly and the club should be praised for recognising this.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

northlondongull wrote:TUST needs to double its membership at the very least to be a serious prospect. I think I am right in saying that Exeter City's Trust has over 3000 members. Michael has done some very good work but I would implore anyone on here who is a genuine Torquay Fan to join and see what the organisation can do. I appreciate that for many finances are tight however at £2 per month it is not a massive financial commitment.
:nod: :nod:
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

SteveDeckchair wrote:I don't think this article particularly thumbs it's nose to TUST at all.

It is the club trying to proactively engage with fans and the more ways they do this, the better. They recognise issues of the past and are looking to understand them and make sure they don't happen again. Assuming all the answers lie within TUST would be folly and the club should be praised for recognising this.
:goodpost:

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

I think this statement is a MASSIVE step in the right direction by those at TUFC. I hear the cynics viewpoint but win, lose or draw and no matter what league the club are in, it's open and active engagement and willingness to listen to the fans to try and make the right decisions with the fans and the club both as priorities that makes a club and keeps it healthy and vibrant. Not we'll do what we like and you just keep turning up regardless, paying your money and getting constantly shunned, ignored, ripped off and disenfranchised.

It's actually a really simple thing but it makes a hell of a lot of a difference.

If they aren't just empty words then although it's come too late for me, I think the club are finally waking up to the realisation that fans are people, human beings, customers if you like although I hate using that term and ultimately they matter.

Refreshing reading this and it's a positive move. Now for 3 points tonight. 4-1 to the Gulls. Piece of piss.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

royalgull wrote:so a 1/4 of our average attendance which will be our lowest average for yonks if not ever.
400+ members seems pretty impressive for a club who many people think are on the verge of exiting out of the Conference National trapdoor. Of course, to be taken more seriously it needs to have more members, but it's a good start.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Seems like Nico may have pissed off one of the old guard....

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/T ... story.html

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Post by midtable »

There are many reasons why the crowd has gone down but the number one thing people say in my experience is that the team has been terrible and they don't want to watch South Devon league players wearing the shirt.
Now that we seemed to have turned a corner with a few wins I hope some will come back to Plainmoor.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

happytorq wrote: 400+ members seems pretty impressive for a club who many people think are on the verge of exiting out of the Conference National trapdoor. Of course, to be taken more seriously it needs to have more members, but it's a good start.
I think we have more members than when Wrexham/Exeter Trusts took control of their clubs, someone else in the know should be able to confirm