The Curse Looms

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

The Curse Looms

Post by gateman49 »

Nicholson for manager of the month in March?
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Win the 8 games in March and he can be as cursed as he likes in April. Those 24 + the 26 we had this morning would equal the magic 50.

Of course any dropped points would have to be won in April, but with 7 games that's not impossible if we have a good month now. 3 points on Saturday would be brilliant and then take it from there.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

It's difficult to know whether 50 points will be required, Borehamwood, Halifax and Alty will need 5 or 6 wins to make that with 12 or 13 games left. We need 7 wins with 14 games left. That means effectively promotion form for 4 teams in order for 50 points to be required, and that's not including any of the teams above dropping like a stone, and that's always possible.

Either way, its remarkable that we're even doing these sums, can't believe we've won 3 out of 3. Shame Alty have Macc on Saturday.

Added in 2 seconds:
It's difficult to know whether 50 points will be required, Borehamwood, Halifax and Alty will need 5 or 6 wins to make that with 12 or 13 games left. We need 7 wins with 14 games left. That means effectively promotion form for 4 teams in order for 50 points to be required, and that's not including any of the teams above dropping like a stone, and that's always possible.

Either way, its remarkable that we're even doing these sums, can't believe we've won 3 out of 4. Shame Alty have Macc on Saturday.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

If anyone remembers. i did a post a week or two ago about points needed. I Venure forth to suggest that 46 or 47 would be enough. possibly running to 48 but no more than that. I will stick my neck out and say if we reach 49 we will be safe.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Glostergull wrote:If anyone remembers. i did a post a week or two ago about points needed. I Venure forth to suggest that 46 or 47 would be enough. possibly running to 48 but no more than that. I will stick my neck out and say if we reach 49 we will be safe.

Let's take 1 game at a time. It's unbelievable that we are now talking of safety. We have to remain focussed and put pressure on the teams above. The re-arranged matches against Halifax and Altrincham are now the biggest games in the clubs history.
Lucy
davidcaldwell123
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Marl Loram

Post by davidcaldwell123 »

The bigger challenge is to achieve a remarkable set of results with a set of players and manager who have not got a great deal of experience of this type of situation. I think many things depend on the club staying in the national league, so lets hope they can pull it off!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

The biggest factor is staying clear of injuries - keep this side and we will stay up. A few injuries and we will have no chance.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

brucie wrote:The biggest factor is staying clear of injuries - keep this side and we will stay up. A few injuries and we will have no chance.

Yes - injuries, suspensions ...... AND referees. We have had some good refs this season but also several poor ones. How a match is referee'd has a big effect.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Echo tomogull and brucie with regards to injuries and suspensions... I dread us losing someone through a stupid red card for several games. Every game now is important. One game at a time. We're not the only ones fighting for our survival. Kidderminster won't be pushovers on Saturday either. and I just hope that the last two games aren't crucial... PC at Barrow and Hurst at Guiseley could upset things.
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Could well come down to the final game - Barnet style. Guiseley have such difficult games it's conceivable they will pick up less than ten points between now and then.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Let Cheltenham and FGR play that out and they can share the manager of the month award. then they can have the curse. we don't need it. sorry Kev.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Tbh, do the national league do MOTM.
Lucy
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

lucy6lucy wrote:Tbh, do the national league do MOTM.
Yes - Gary Johnson was awarded MOTM for Feb, with Jennings on Wrexham player of the month