Nathan Blisset

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Nathan Blisset

Post by BritishGAS »

Hi Gulls.

Just wanted to say it's great to see Bliss banging in the goals for you.

He's such a lovely bloke and it's good to see him enjoying his football again.

Has he signed permanently for you?

Anyway good luck, it's looks like you'll be safe from the drop now.

And well done Bliss :)
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

Hi gas!
I believe he is our player at least till the end of the season?

Not the best striker we've seen down plainmoor by far but has a nac for being in the right place at the right time, and is a real handful for defenders, especially when it comes to corners. Fantastic signing by nicho who seems to be able to get the best out of him.

Would be delighted to see bliss stay next season, hopefully still in the national league!
To the dotted line, We're on our way
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

DJ Gull wrote:Hi gas!
I believe he is our player at least till the end of the season?

Not the best striker we've seen down plainmoor by far but has a nac for being in the right place at the right time, and is a real handful for defenders, especially when it comes to corners. Fantastic signing by nicho who seems to be able to get the best out of him.

Would be delighted to see bliss stay next season, hopefully still in the national league!
I would be very interested to know what you think would be the best striker by far.. Your not going to get Ronaldo anywhere near this level. at least not aline anyway. Most really decent really high quality strikers would be way up in the higher divisions. so what do you expect of a striker at this level. as far as I am concerned. I stick with Brian Cloughs methodology.. he bought Trevor Francis to do a job. many said Francis was lazy. his reply to that was. i didn't buy him to run around the pitch all day. I bought him to put those crosses in where we can score goals. and boy did he do that. so Blisset has been brought in to be in the right place at the right time.. what i was ince. a good old fashioned Goal moocher. someone who by instinct knew where to be to stick his boot out and direct the ball into the net.. what more do you want for goodness sake. if he reaches double figures for the season and there no reason to suspect he won't. given the games left. (I expect him to be our top scorer for the season.) then he will be what we have been looking for.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

he probably means since tim sills
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by DJ Gull »

Glostergull wrote: I would be very interested to know what you think would be the best striker by far.. Your not going to get Ronaldo anywhere near this level. at least not aline anyway. Most really decent really high quality strikers would be way up in the higher divisions. so what do you expect of a striker at this level. as far as I am concerned. I stick with Brian Cloughs methodology.. he bought Trevor Francis to do a job. many said Francis was lazy. his reply to that was. i didn't buy him to run around the pitch all day. I bought him to put those crosses in where we can score goals. and boy did he do that. so Blisset has been brought in to be in the right place at the right time.. what i was ince. a good old fashioned Goal moocher. someone who by instinct knew where to be to stick his boot out and direct the ball into the net.. what more do you want for goodness sake. if he reaches double figures for the season and there no reason to suspect he won't. given the games left. (I expect him to be our top scorer for the season.) then he will be what we have been looking for.

I wasn't at all in any way having a dig at him, and I wasn't referring to this season or any time spent in the conference. Obviously I could have worded it better but I was just trying to state exactly what you put in your post!
To the dotted line, We're on our way
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

BritishGAS wrote:Hi Gulls.
Just wanted to say it's great to see Bliss banging in the goals for you.
He's such a lovely bloke and it's good to see him enjoying his football again.
Has he signed permanently for you?
Anyway good luck, it's looks like you'll be safe from the drop now.
And well done Bliss :)
Yes - Nathan Blisset has been a revelation to many of us who doubted that he would turn out to be such a good signing. As DJ Gull has already posted, he is signed until the end of the season. We are far from safe from the drop yet - we're not counting our chickens !! Our next three games (two away) are against sterner opposition which will show just where we are. However, we usually play better against better teams so here's hoping for a few points.

Good to see Rovers doing so well and going into the automatic promotion places at the expense of our neighbours down the road. Although to be fair, Argyle fans supported us very well when we were in dire, dire trouble so I don't wish them any ill.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Gulliball »

I wasn't excited by this signing, given his recent history. Having a settled home though, and a manager who values his abilities and knows how to utilise them has got him back to his best again. It's actually pretty similar to Tim Sills, who was awful for Oxford and ridiculed by their fans before we signed him. I also didn't want us to sign Guy Branston, who went on to be phenomenal for us.

On the flip side I remember being particularly excited when we signed Matt Green, Danny Senda and Billy Bodin. There's a lesson in there somewhere.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Glostergull wrote: I would be very interested to know what you think would be the best striker by far.. Your not going to get Ronaldo anywhere near this level. at least not aline anyway. Most really decent really high quality strikers would be way up in the higher divisions. so what do you expect of a striker at this level. as far as I am concerned. I stick with Brian Cloughs methodology.. he bought Trevor Francis to do a job. many said Francis was lazy. his reply to that was. i didn't buy him to run around the pitch all day. I bought him to put those crosses in where we can score goals. and boy did he do that. so Blisset has been brought in to be in the right place at the right time.. what i was ince. a good old fashioned Goal moocher. someone who by instinct knew where to be to stick his boot out and direct the ball into the net.. what more do you want for goodness sake. if he reaches double figures for the season and there no reason to suspect he won't. given the games left. (I expect him to be our top scorer for the season.) then he will be what we have been looking for.
Somebody's not getting any................ :}
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Markh84
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Brendan Moore

Post by Markh84 »

According to this article in the Herald he has signed an 18 month contract.

http://m.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/TOR ... story.html
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Markh84 wrote:According to this article in the Herald he has signed an 18 month contract.

http://m.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/TOR ... story.html
That's what I thought actually but I don't study these things too much, but it was there somewhere in my dodgy memory that it was for 2 seasons.
TUST MEMBER
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

According to the club site's original statement:
Blissett puts pen-to-paper at The Launa Windows Stadium...
TORQUAY United have secured the services of talented front-man, Nathan Blissett, following his release by League Two club, Bristol Rovers.

The 25 year-old arrives at The Launa Windows Stadium on an initial deal until the end of the season.

Born in West Bromwich, he came to prominence on the local non-League scene before being signed by Kidderminster Harriers ahead of the 2012/13 campaign.

Loan spells to Cambridge United and Hednesford Town followed before he joined Bristol Rovers on a permanent basis following a successful loan spell.

Helping the Pirates return to The Football League at the end of last season, he has been loaned out to both Tranmere Rovers and Lincoln City this term due to his first-team opportunities being limited at the Memorial Stadium.

Read more at http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... F3FxRI0.99
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

More than likely it's a six month initial period with a further year if we don't get relegated, neither Blisset or the club would want him on the wage bill if we're playing in the Conference South. Anyway I've been very pleased with him, thought he was another player flaming out and not fulfilling his potential and rocking up at Plainmoor for six months on his way further down the ladder but he's been absolutely integral to our revival. That much was shown where we didn't score for the three matches he was out.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

He is our only goalscorer and I don't want to say he's keeping us up because all these lads are working their nuts off and doing the business at the minute....but he's keeping us up! hopefully.