Takeover 50/50 ?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

tomogull wrote: Sorry - I disagree. There is no way that TUST alone can finance the club. They have said so themselves. So unless they are part of a consortium/partnership (which I sincerely hope they will be), I can see no point in joining at the present time. However, I do remain optimistic that the club will be safe in the Conference next season and other postings have pointed to Steve Breed's encouraging comments today, but until there is something definite on the table and we the fans are told what's going on, I will not be re-joining TUST.

Sigh. It's not necessarily about buying the club immediately. It's about building up a group that has the interests of the largest group of stakeholders - the fans- at heart. With enough members, TUST can become a recognised voice in any discussions that the new owners (or whomever) feel they need to consult.

Ultimately it might be a dream to have a fan owned club but until we have enough members it simply isn't feasible. in the meantime, the Trust can work to ensure that whoever controls the club is aware of the history and community roots that they need to build and nurture, and that can only be good - not only for the fans, but for the owners too.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

happytorq wrote:
Sigh. It's not necessarily about buying the club immediately. It's about building up a group that has the interests of the largest group of stakeholders - the fans- at heart. With enough members, TUST can become a recognised voice in any discussions that the new owners (or whomever) feel they need to consult.

Ultimately it might be a dream to have a fan owned club but until we have enough members it simply isn't feasible. in the meantime, the Trust can work to ensure that whoever controls the club is aware of the history and community roots that they need to build and nurture, and that can only be good - not only for the fans, but for the owners too.
"whoever controls the club" is precisely my point. At present there is nobody in control of the club and as things stand, we could well be heading out the wrong end of the Conference. I will not be supporting a failing club in the Conference South. Until we have DEFINITE information about the future direction of the club, I will not be signing up for TUST. However, since my original posting, there have been some encouraging noises from Steve Breed so let's all hope that something positive is about to happen.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

tomogull wrote: "whoever controls the club" is precisely my point. At present there is nobody in control of the club and as things stand, we could well be heading out the wrong end of the Conference. I will not be supporting a failing club in the Conference South. Until we have DEFINITE information about the future direction of the club, I will not be signing up for TUST. However, since my original posting, there have been some encouraging noises from Steve Breed so let's all hope that something positive is about to happen.
Shame. Like most who post on here I will.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
WestKentGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by WestKentGull »

tomogull wrote: I will not be supporting a failing club in the Conference South.

Gloryhunter!

:lol:
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

As a true TUFC supporter why would you not join TUST at just £2 a month? Your club needs you NOW!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

for £2 we should all be on board the TUST bus. and as for not supporting us in the conference south?? why not, its still TUFC, you can't just chop and change your club depending on which league they are in, wheres your loyalty man?
still keeping the faith
WestKentGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by WestKentGull »

bixieupnorth wrote:for £2 we should all be on board the TUST bus. and as for not supporting us in the conference south?? why not, its still TUFC, you can't just chop and change your club depending on which league they are in, wheres your loyalty man?

^This^
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Richinns wrote:
Shame. Like most who post on here I will.

So will I. :scarf:

Edited to fix quote (SG)
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

diamondgirl wrote:
So will I. :scarf:
So will I ....... WHEN we know that we have new owners, who they are and in what direction the club is going. I have supported this club through thick and (mostly) thin for many years but the present shambolic situation is the proverbial straw that could break this camel's back.

Edited to fix quote (SG)
RoadGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Reg Wyatt

Post by RoadGull »

I agree with many of the posters on here - as I am one of the surviving 'old wrinklies' who sat with a rug over their knees in the old grandstand week in, week out over the years!

I was a season ticket holder for many, many years but have to admit to not being able to get to all matches now due to the parking problems for oldies like me, so have not had a season ticket for 5-6 years now.

I must have spent a fortune on TUFC over the years, but will not donate money to the likes of the TUST for similar reasons to those stated by Tomogul. Money is tight for many these days, £2 a month may not sound much to earning youngsters, but it to the likes of people like me it certainly means a lot.

I will wait to be sure that things progress in a manner that I approve of before donating money to the TUST - call me mean if you will but I regard it as being sensible!

Thank you.
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

RoadGull wrote:
I will wait to be sure that things progress in a manner that I approve of before donating money to the TUST - call me mean if you will but I regard it as being sensible!

Thank you.
What, exactly, are these "things"? If you qualify this then maybe TUST could do something about it.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Favourite player: Reg Wyatt. Now you're talking!
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

RoadGull wrote:£2 a month may not sound much to earning youngsters
Sorry, are you living in a parallel universe where the majority of the UK's wealth isn't being hoarded by the older generations and 'youngsters' aren't being ignored and abused by the establishment?
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

Kit_robin wrote: What, exactly, are these "things"? If you qualify this then maybe TUST could do something about it.
These 'things' are (i) the club is in complete limbo at present and (ii) we don't know who the new owners will be or as Roadgull rightly says, we want to see how things progress. It's not so much the £2 a month - it's the thought of throwing good money after bad. If a consortium comes forward which includes, for example, Chris Fleet and hopefully TUST, I will be joining immediately but until then, I'm being sensible like Roadgull.
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

tomogull wrote: These 'things' are (i) the club is in complete limbo at present and (ii) we don't know who the new owners will be or as Roadgull rightly says, we want to see how things progress. It's not so much the £2 a month - it's the thought of throwing good money after bad. If a consortium comes forward which includes, for example, Chris Fleet and hopefully TUST, I will be joining immediately but until then, I'm being sensible like Roadgull.
Do you want another go at that? (i) is an argument FOR joining TUST, and (ii) has nothing to do with joining TUST either. We don't know who the new owners are? So? What's that got to do with joining TUST? TUST has a role whoever the new owners are.