Consortium update

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Consortium update

Post by MF68 »

Anyone heard anything....................Time is running out !!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Judging by what it says in this link; http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/upd ... -is-close/

I do not think we'll hear anything until at least this evening, possibly tomorrow.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

Hopefully something will happen this week.

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 85564.aspx
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

To get the deal done obviously we've got a meeting on Monday with the consortium, a final meeting to sort of to see if everybody is ready to take the leap of faith"

– DEAN EDWARDS, CONSORTIUM LEADER

That does not sound like a consortium that is on the brink of completing a deal. Would have hoped that, by this stage, they had got past the need for a meeting to "sort of see" if all involved were ready to progress.

Worrying comment - only hope is that he was "misquoted" !

Added in 1 minute 22 seconds:
"To get the deal done obviously we've got a meeting on Monday with the consortium, a final meeting to sort of to see if everybody is ready to take the leap of faith"

– DEAN EDWARDS, CONSORTIUM LEADER

That does not sound like a consortium that is on the brink of completing a deal. Would have hoped that, by this stage, they had got past the need for a meeting to "sort of see" if all involved were ready to progress.

Worrying comment - only hope is that he was "misquoted" !
chardie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by chardie »

"People have accused me of being non-communicative but there are so many questions I am unable to answer at this present time."

This was not an accusation, more a statement of fact.
TUST No 278
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

The club remains in a state of f@cked then which gets worse by the day. Thanks for the defensive 'not our fault' update Bill - that will help sell some season tickets.

Just purely on the playing front - nine players of which three are first year pro's and all the players targeted being recruited by other clubs whilst we continue to dick around.

I hope the hold up is not because of the (hopeful) incoming consortium but more due to the incapabilities of Bill and his merry men of excuses. The former then we are done as there is no plan B should this go south now.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
withawhy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by withawhy »

Well, this part of the statement from Bill Phillips really tells us where "his" priorities lie and where we are at present (the rest is worth reading, if only for the scale of the unbelievable attitude of the so called men in charge).

TORQUAY United are hopeful that a deal will be completed this week. I am out of the country from Friday and, therefore, the hope is for the deal to be complete or a long way down the line of being finalised by then, so an incoming consortium can get on with the business of running the football club.

So, as long as nothing interferes with Bill's holiday plans (clearly 3 weeks watching the cricket in the Caribbean whilst the Club was in crisis mode was nowhere near enough!) - nothing to worry about!!

I assume that Bill doesn't do telephones and E-mail while he is away!!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Dear Bill,

Given that you are currently "acting" chairman, surely it is your duty to ensure that, instead of pissing off on holiday, you see this sale through.

If you clearly can't be arsed to see it through, hand over the chairmanship to somebody who IS here and who CAN see it through, because quite frankly the longer this goes on, the less chance we have of actually having a club to support.

Warmest regards,

Scott

PS Enjoy your holiday - don't bother coming back.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

Quite right Scott

That is the single sentence that sums TUFC up at the moment. The Club on the brink of oblivion and the Chairman on his hols.
Does Captain and sinking ship spring to mind???

Could anyone see Tony Boyce really doing this?? Thought not

He should hang his head in shame.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Why has this man ever been allowed to be involved with running of our football club, thats what I would like to know. From all the things I have seen and heard, he hasnt put any money in, he isnt even really a football or TUFC fan, he is more into cricket. He certainly doesnt listen to supporters or people who offer ideas, support or help.

He reminds me of one of those jumped up little twerp types who affiliate theirselves with all sorts of clubs and institutions, get themselves on commitees for the golf club, the cricket club, the bowls club, just to make themselves feel important and behave like a proper big shit.

Why is he involved with us, does it make him feel like Billy Big Bollocks or has he actually got a financial interest we dont know about.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

Thanks chunky...............................I agree with your straight talking

Regards

MF68
Chairman of a Cricket Club !!!!!!
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Important meeting tonight - fingers crossed!
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

MF68 wrote:Thanks chunky...............................I agree with your straight talking

Regards

MF68
Chairman of a Cricket Club !!!!!!

I don't think anyone would mistake you for one of those blazer types though, MF68!!! :)
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

nickbrod wrote:Important meeting tonight - fingers crossed!

Indeed it is. Let's hope it's just finalising who sits where in the directors box
Lucy
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

By my reconing this is the third week in a row that Torquay United's life is hanging by a thread with the deal being done at anytime! ,can not believe that the head of the club is going away on holiday come what may ,that's unbelievable,if this chap worked for a multi national he would be fired,if he had his own business he should be in the poorhouse but no he's off on holiday without a care in the world.