Cox Resigns

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Malagagull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Malagagull »

forevertufc wrote:Cough, cough, Port Vale........... cough,cough Norman Smurthwaite............cough, cough the ground freehold. Thanks to excellent work from members of all three Torquay United fans forums the entire fan base knows who you lot are and what you're up to, as Richinns says elsewhere don't fall for it, this should make us all the more determined to support our club, and galvanise behind the current board.
Totally agree and one way is for all of us to support the TUST. Just an extra £10 each per month into the TUST lottery by the 400 TUST members would raise an extra £4000 per month or about £1000 per week. Which would probably be enough by itself to cover the short time losses.So come every one join up.
Yes the clubs well being is very much within our own hands and it is about time we took action for ourselves.
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

forevertufc wrote:Cough, cough, Port Vale........... cough,cough Norman Smurthwaite............cough, cough the ground freehold. Thanks to excellent work from members of all three Torquay United fans forums the entire fan base knows who you lot are and what you're up to, as Richinns says elsewhere don't fall for it, this should make us all the more determined to support our club, and galvanise behind the current board.
Well he or any of his people were not involved in our consortium
And looking at what a complete mess he has made of Port Vale you would not want that scenario here would you

As previously stated a Fan ownership structure is really our only option and when the Club needs us and that is in weeks the real supporter will stand up and make a difference
Bomber
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Bomber »

mushroom wrote: Any creditor can wind up a business for non payment of a debt if happy to pay the costs
The most likely party would be as you state, be HMRC which the Club is fully up to date with so no immediate risk there
Thanks for stating the last statement, because if the club was in severe financial trouble they would be the first group of people to issue a winding up order as they would want to be paid first, and in full.

The vast majority of football clubs fold due to unpaid tax arrears.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

George wrote: Yesterdays result is all well and good but Boreham wood won in case you didnt notice so the team is still in the bottom four and a lot of work needs to be done.
[/quote]

Yes - we're still in the bottom four and Boreham Wood won. But Barrow, Welling, Guiseley and Altrincham all lost. This is the group of teams we can catch and overtake, and we will - just wait and see.

There's an interesting and revealing post on the TFF Forum about Paul Cox's time at Eastwood and Mansfield. Yes, he had success at both clubs ...... but at quite a price, apparently. Eastwood went into liquidation during Cox's tenure and re-formed under Eastwood Town. Cox moved on to Mansfield, Eastwood Town dropped back two divisions to where they were before Cox took over and have since been wound up. In three seasons at Mansfield, the club racked up losses of an eye-watering £3 million and when the Board decided to reduce the playing budget to reduce the losses, Paul Cox departed. This is just a summary of the post - it sure makes extremely interesting reading. Not that I wish to criticise Paul Cox, though. He took us on without a contract and knowing the club was at rock bottom, so fair play to him on that score. (quote]
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

mushroom wrote: Well he or any of his people were not involved in our consortium
And looking at what a complete mess he has made of Port Vale you would not want that scenario here would you

As previously stated a Fan ownership structure is really our only option and when the Club needs us and that is in weeks the real supporter will stand up and make a difference

Given that you lot keep banging the same drum, I think I'll do the same, and see who gets bored first.

I can guarantee you, Hugh, it won't be me.

Here we go then, with apologies to the rest of the forum who will get very bored with this.

PARASITE.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Yellows
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yellows »

mushroom wrote:Has DE gone ?
£200 does not buy you much although 2 for 1 Manager and Player
Money used for Nicholson
P Cox relationship with Bournemouth
Unknown
Bond had to be paid to Conference other more pressing financial issues
Unknown
No smoke without fire
Impending demands
No Bond or Money was paid to the National League! :red:
:rules: :rules: :rules:
Bomber
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Bomber »

Yells wrote: No Bond or Money was paid to the National League! :red:
Why weren't we expelled from the Conference then?

Hereford were.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hereford_United_F.C.
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

Right so I'm assuming Briscoe is this mystery player given that he's one of a select few in the second year of his contract. Interesting if he is such a disruption in the dressing room that Nicholson has picked him out with MacDonald as one of his key players to help him out.

From what I've heard and read, Cox was here as a Trojan Horse for Papa Smurf. Obviously he chucked his toys out of the pram when the board didn't bend over for him. Cox might be experienced and successful at this level, but at least Nicholson is loyal and doesn't have an ulterior motive. He certainly wouldn't walk out on the club a day before a match.
Yellows
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yellows »

Bomber wrote: Why weren't we expelled from the Conference then?

Hereford were.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hereford_United_F.C.

Because Bill Philips and Kelvin Thomas at the time gave a business plan which was accepted by League and Mrs Bristow along with others writ off their Loans. No Debt was owing to the Revenue an Creditors were being paid on the due date. If you had a copy of you know what that would confirm the position as I know it

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Yells wrote:

Because Bill Philips and Kelvin Thomas at the time gave a business plan which was accepted by League and Mrs Bristow along with others writ off their Loans. No Debt was owing to the Revenue an Creditors were being paid on the due date. If you had a copy of you know what that would confirm the position as I know it

Errrr, it was the new Board that had to provide proof that they could fulfil the fixtures.

PARASITE.

STIP
Yellows
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yellows »

The current has to take responsibility for Deano's heavy handed restructure which has now created a Liability. This must be remedied by a Cash injection by the Shareholders. If not they will need to pay the Liability from existing revenues which will of course reflect on the Players Budget. These comments are facts does not mean that I do not support the Board. But it has to be said that they have been naïve at best bloody stupid at worse. That why I would like to see the SOF

Added in 4 minutes 59 seconds:
Scott Brehaut wrote: Errrr, it was the new Board that had to provide proof that they could fulfil the fixtures.

PARASITE.
Scot because there was a change of ownership from Bill Philips and Co to the new Board the National League as a matter of course would as for confirmation. That is normal practice. I would add that Bill Philips did not help matters at the time talking about the Doomsday scenario in an attempt to attract new investors. No Bond was given
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

It was a much needed restructure to ensure that the current Board could keep the club afloat. The previous Board pissed Thaea's money up the wall. Regardless of how much you try to convince us that Bill Phillips was a saint, he sat back, along with the rest of them, and helped to spend Thaea money quicker than she could withdraw it from the bank.

It was unsustainable in its previous form, and the new Board realised this very quickly. The reason why you and the rest are pissed off is because they have managed to breathe life into a club that was dying very very quickly, ruining your plans to pick it up for nothing and chuck a Sainsburys on it.

PARASITE.

STIP
Bomber
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Bomber »

But asking for a Bond is standard practice, as is the same for Conference North/South clubs.
Truro City needed to pay a similar bond to fulfil their fixtures a few years ago.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20005762

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32992910

It seems you are just trying to different ways to frighten us. HMRC closure didn't work so now you're trying this.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I do wonder how long they will stay here before they get bored. I mean, when the club still exists in the New Year, that'll be George knocked off his perch (although he's already been proved wrong), then we have Hugh (mushroom) who comes and goes as and when he has "information".

Of course, the lie about having little money will be proven wrong in the near future when we announce our assistant manager (which will show we have some cash), and I reckon a new player will be along soon too. Not bad for a club about to breathe its last.

STIP
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by DJ Gull »

Yells, Mushroom, George, we all have a good understanding of what you are, we know what your trying to do, it clearly isn't working. Your just a laughing stock.
Do yourselves a favour and bog off!
To the dotted line, We're on our way