Is Kevin Nicholson right using social media (edited title)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Is Kevin Nicholson right using social media (edited title)

Post by Dave »

Thread not started by myself, this post was in response to George 2 the original thread author

His outburst was funny, really ? I know funny, that outburst was insulting, embarrassing, it brought the club into disrepute, anywhere else Nicholson would have been sacked on the spot.

We've been referred to on the non-league forum today as "tin pot" by a Maidstone fan, over that statement, yep, that's really funny. Not even going to bother answering the rest of your post, just do want you did once before and bore off.
Last edited by Dave on 22 Dec 2015, 16:34, edited 2 times in total.
Formerly known as forevertufc
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

George just sod off. Stop the gloating and the holier than thou riddles and conundrums.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Still not quite sure who the "one" person is given that there are (still, I think!) seven members of the Board who presumably all (to an extent) have their own say?

As for who YOU are and who you represent, I'm still a little unclear ! During the summer, it appeared that after the ( alleged) bid made by Peter Masters of Truro City was withdrawn that the Dean Edwards consortium was the only show in town - so whoever you represent have obviously slipped under the radar! Of course, since then, we have heard of a possible interest by Norman Smurthwaite of Port Vale but he appears unwilling and/or unable to invest at this time.

Now, the most recent party to express their interest in taking over the club are ( former directors) Mr and Mrs Roberts and others under the Torquay Fans Ltd banner. Are you connected to them, I suspect not, but who knows?

The most important question is whether you and your backers are still interested ? Or, whether, the opportunity has passed and you have "moved on" as you have previously suggested if I remember correctly.
Last edited by CP Gull on 21 Dec 2015, 20:41, edited 1 time in total.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

So it isn't Dean Edwards who is to blame, ok then. He took us to the cleaners and cared so much for the club he came back a second time.

Take your fake concerns with you and shut the door on your way out.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

George II wrote:To anyone whos anyone in football and knows what hes working with, its funny and His anger is directed in completely the wrong place. A more experienced manager would know that.

Would this be the same squad of players that achieved 10 points from 10 games under Cox, the same players earning the same shat money, in the same situation but seemed to be willing to run through brick walls for Cox.

The same squad of players have managed just a further 7 points from the next 14 games mainly under Nicholson, and no longer look as if they could give a flying fork.

Your right about experienced managers though, an experienced manager, knows that the ability to be fickle as prevalent in all football clubs, knows that fans and pundits alike have opinions, criticism comes when your not winning games and it can be harsh, an experienced manager knows it's part and parcel of the game and deals with it, and doesn't take to social media issuing some statement, containing a small percentage of bullshit, every once of respect I had for KN was lost in a second when I read that.

But still as you've happily invested elsewhere why have you come back to bother us, stick to life at Northampton.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Jack
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Rudge

Post by Jack »

Hi George who has "mushroomed" into George II

If you were intending to be an "investor" rather than a "benefactor" then you have probably done the right thing and picked another unfortunate football Club.

Please don't "yellow" into George III - he went completely mad as I recall.
drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by drummergull90 »

None of this is even vaguely helpful or useful right now George.

Please kindly sod off and don't come back.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

George II wrote: I hope you do survive , under our business plan you would have, so i can only wish you luck for rest of the season. I dont however have any sympathy for the board..
What were the specifics of this plan? Who are the members of your group? It really doesn't help that all you have offered on here has been vague hints and cryptic statements like the above.
Bomber
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Bomber »

George II wrote: Regarding the bits in bold......

Our offer of investment , which was substantial , was there early in the season and up until the point when both Paul Cox and dean edwards left in late september. It felt as if we were never wanted by some people on the board.

No connection to norman other than having met him a few times at games and other events. If hes still at port vale when I go there next, well have a good chat.

Never spoken to them.

Too late now. Weve invested elsewhere and are very happy to have done so.
Did you meet Norman Smurthwaite at a Oxford vs Port Vale fixture by any chance?
samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Post by samuel »

Drummer - Southampton et al are right. There is absolutely no point in engaging this person - it's all ancient history. Ignore.
hustgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by hustgull »

forevertufc wrote: We've been referred to on the non-league forum today as "tin pot" by a Maidstone fan, over that statement, yep, that's really funny. Not even going to bother answering the rest of your post, just do want you did once before and bore off.
You know it's going to sh*t when a Maidstone fan calls us tinpot :slap:
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

George II wrote: a question is whether the current board would try and support a team in that league like it needs to be backed or just carry on with ridiculous osterity measures.
The issue isn't "osterity measures" (sic) but that the results are not working out on the pitch. The Board have made mistakes (and they are aware of that), but cutting back on certain areas, and removing others altogether, has ensured that the club still exists today.

The times of throwing good money after bad, like Thaea was doing, have gone and we all have to accept that.

I had a blowout on here yesterday, mainly because I was having a shit day at work, felt like I'd been hit by a 10 ton bus (cold) and was getting more and more irritated by what I was reading. Having taken a step back from it all, and also having had a bit more sleep, I realise that I was a bit hasty in some of my comments - certainly those aimed at Steve Breed - and, whilst I won't be deleting or amending the comments (I think that would be wrong of me to do so), I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to Steve, and the rest of the Board, for some of my more personal comments yesterday that were said in the heat of the moment - and no, before anybody thinks this, Steve has not been in contact with me about this.

As for you "George", it would be best if you simply deleted your account (again) and not bother coming back. You and your mates have made your decision - thankfully it was to leave us alone - so maybe you could now do just that.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Bomber
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Bomber »

Scott Brehaut wrote: The issue isn't "osterity measures" (sic) but that the results are not working out on the pitch. The Board have made mistakes (and they are aware of that), but cutting back on certain areas, and removing others altogether, has ensured that the club still exists today.

The times of throwing good money after bad, like Thaea was doing, have gone and we all have to accept that.

I had a blowout on here yesterday, mainly because I was having a sh*t day at work, felt like I'd been hit by a 10 ton bus (cold) and was getting more and more irritated by what I was reading. Having taken a step back from it all, and also having had a bit more sleep, I realise that I was a bit hasty in some of my comments - certainly those aimed at Steve Breed - and, whilst I won't be deleting or amending the comments (I think that would be wrong of me to do so), I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to Steve, and the rest of the Board, for some of my more personal comments yesterday that were said in the heat of the moment - and no, before anybody thinks this, Steve has not been in contact with me about this.

As for you "George", it would be best if you simply deleted your account (again) and not bother coming back. You and your mates have made your decision - thankfully it was to leave us alone - so maybe you could now do just that.

Or perhaps it should be 'austerity' even!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I know - hence the "sic" at the end of it - I was quoting George.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Bomber
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Bomber »

I was exposing his ignorance rather than yours.