Win the Next Four league Games

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Win the Next Four league Games

Post by brucie »

If we want to stay up - now is the time to start because it really is Shit or Bust Time.

Is it going to happen? Well no realistically but looking at our next four games - Chester at home (can't buy an away point) Boreham Wood away (winnable)

Then we entertain Welling and Altrincham.

So if we can somehow up our game and win the first two then you might have to say we could possibly have a squeak.

The big fly in the ointment is the Trophy replay which we could really do without.

They think its all over...well the next couple of weeks will confirm whether it is or not.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Whilst I would love it to happen, I really can't see that a club that has won 4 games in the first 29 games, is suddenly going to double the number of wins to make it 8 wins in 33 games.

Possible yes. Likely no. But as Brucie says we have to. We can't wait until the next game anymore as games are rapidly running out.
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

If Kiddy and Southport can accomplish a winning streak then Torquay can. If not then...
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Our current Conference form would suggest that we will be the 1st team to be relegated this season.

Sadly, IMO, a change of manager, followed by the biggest "Dead Cat Bounce" in our history is the only way out of this mess.

That's never going to happen, so.............. COYY! prove me wrong................. please!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

Win em? We will be lucky to play them! Fixture pile up of epic proportions. Quite how we fit in 23+ Truro games next season, I am struggling to see.
Tust member 191
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Winning the next 4 is only half way to a survival push. The other half is hoping the likes of Halifax / Altrincham etc DON'T win another game in the next 4.

Either way, i'm sure Breedy is planning diligently for conference south which is the most sensible decision made this season so far by the looks of it.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Well with Chester game off tomorrow that makes our 4th game away to Macclesfield. Winnable? All games are ... but....

Actually looking at the fixtures to the end of the season we seem on paper to have the easiest run in. Now that is a very difficult thing to say when every single club is above us! ;-)
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Just get ready for 2 games a week now. That is going to be a big ask and a big demand on the players!!!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

IanGull01 wrote:Just get ready for 2 games a week now. That is going to be a big ask and a big demand on the players!!!
Well the players have had plenty of rest, time for the new lads to gel. Suprised by the positivity from brucie, but we all have to believe
Lucy
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

IanGull01 wrote:Just get ready for 2 games a week now. That is going to be a big ask and a big demand on the players!!!

I think this is actually a big positive. The best opportunity to put a run together and if we do lose, an opportunity to right the wrongs immediately.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

PhilGull wrote:

I think this is actually a big positive. The best opportunity to put a run together and if we do lose, an opportunity to right the wrongs immediately.
We have to try and look at it as a positive but, considering our squad is so threadbare we struggle to fill a bench, it is far from ideal.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

DevonYellow wrote: We have to try and look at it as a positive but, considering our squad is so threadbare we struggle to fill a bench, it is far from ideal.
Not strictly true given we have a 22-man squad (23 if this new guy has signed from East Grinstead)
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

I think that the league table looks a bit better tonight with those two games in hand which we are going to win.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Jeff wrote: Not strictly true given we have a 22-man squad (23 if this new guy has signed from East Grinstead)
Didn't realise it had crept up that high. Only seems a couple of weeks ago we had 3 on the bench.

Are you including Fisher, Corderoy and Finch in that?