MESSAGE TO SIMON BAKER

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

MESSAGE TO SIMON BAKER

Post by portugull »

Mr Chairman.Time does not stand still! Surely at the very least the Board should offer contracts to Guy Branson and Craig Stanley today.Time waits for no man and some decisions simply cannot wait for the appointment of a new manager.
Football is a very competitive business.Please please do not delay. Now is the time for leadership. This is not criticism but a constructive suggestion. I am merely a supporter you are the Chairman of the Board.
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Seconded!
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

RELAX
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

monkeyboy wrote:RELAX
Relax? I imagine one of the first things Bucks did this morning was get on the phone to each of them.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
dazgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jean-Pierre Simb

Post by dazgull »

Of course Bucks will be ringing them. Thats why he never offered Branston a contract, whats the point if you then have to pay for him. Those two will be his first signings and dont be too surprised if Bevan goes as well.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Agreed. Sign them on now
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by monkeyboy »

PLENTY OF FISH IN THE SEA
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Modgull »

If the conspiracy theorists are right it doesn't matter what SB or the Board do - its already cut and dried!
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

A. Monkey, stop SHOUTING.

B. There may well be plenty of fish knocking about, but we only want the good ones, they are few and far between and we, for now, have the jump on everyone else by having them here/wanting to come here.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by monkeyboy »

I thought the blue would give it a lighter tone! I don't think we need to panic. It's far more important for the board to get the right man/men to manage the fine players we have and with enough connections to get onboard the inevitable and crucial loan players. I know that many fans, like me, feel we have had the best of Guy Branston, and yes it may well be great to have Stanley (although I think he's a bit slow) but if we miss out on him it's still not a disaster because of the good potential we have in centre midfield already coupled with a massive released list.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

I simply do not agree. Guy and Craig Stanley are not simply good players they are leaders and they are very important both OFF THE PITCH and on the pitch. I for one will be bitterly disappointed if they do not sign.
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by monkeyboy »

Just trying to be philosophical, it isn't the end the world when you lose a manager or players. We have some really good experienced pros at Torquay like Kevin Nicholson, Chris Robertson and your favourite player Lee Mansell who won't be going anywhere hopefully. Guy Branston can be easily replaced/improved upon and although Stanley picks out a good pass I'm fairly confident we'll find a player in our own ranks or beyond to do that. I feel that a big man up front is the priority for the new manager to find.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i think its RB our most pressing position, okane manse lathrope and oastler can provide all we need in middle if stanley doesnt sign. ellis and robbo will be ok if pickles goes
still keeping the faith
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

However much I adore Branston if he goes we have Ellis as a replacement. Could be a lot worse. Stanley on the other hand will be different, as O'Kane isn't the type of player he is plus Oastler & Lathrope aren't as good as him. (Yet?)
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

All will become crystal clear soon enough. The new man will have had time to make all the arrangements he wants as far as recruitment is concerned so I wouldn;t worry.

Not a bad idea to wake Simon Baker up though, I think he's still asleep and having nightmares about play-off final tickets :rofl:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com