Commiserations from Cheltenham

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Tewkesbury Ruby
Trialist
Trialist

Commiserations from Cheltenham

Post by Tewkesbury Ruby »

I thought the scoreline flattered us a bit. Both games could have gone either way. You had a couple of chances
in the first 15 minutes at Whaddon Road and if you had taken these who knows how things could have turned out.

It was one of those funny games where we had all the luck that was going. The ball always seemed to drop to a
Cheltenham player and our goal led a charmed life. Having said that though, without Howe you lacked a bit
of punch up front but I thought O'Kane and Nicholson played really well on the night. We took our chances
but it could so easily have gone the other way

Both clubs are doing well to be so high in League 2 so as long as you can keep your squad together you'll
be up there again next year. We will need another dose of good fortune at Wembley if we are not to visit Plainmoor again next
year

All the best from Cheltenham

ps
That new stand looks pretty good!
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

Thanks mate, very gracious of you. Your wingers made a big difference over the 2 legs.

We were pretty unlucky not to go ahead last night, and who knows what might have happened if we had...

That's football, and that's life.

Good luck at Wembley.
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
cinderford robin
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: howe

Post by cinderford robin »

Yes unlucky to you guys I like Torquay and hope to see you in two 12 months in league 1 ;-). I would also like to say fair play to the young Torquay fans in the corner by us clapping are players when you players had gone off nice to see as kids get a lot of stick these days.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

I have to say if there is one side I'd prefer to lose to above all others it is Cheltenham - a lovely club with a good manager and strong squad. Good luck against Crewe but above all enjoy your day in the sun!
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
Northumbergull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Watson
Location: Widdrington Station, Northumberland (hence the monicker)

Post by Northumbergull »

Nice of you to come on, Robin's fans! :clap:

As for the games, well, we shoot and the ball comes off the woodwork twice. You shoot and McGlashan gets two IN off the woodwork. Such is football :'( :~D

Btw, one of my daughters has just finished her degree in Cheltenham, Park Campus, and enjoyed her time in your fair city.

Best of luck at Wembley, you'll need it again! :-D

Cheers

Bruce
Northumberland Gulls, we drive south to all the games!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Yep, no sour grapes from me, best of luck Cheltenham. :-D
Formerly known as forevertufc
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

yes see you next season. Based on what I saw you have not got a prayer of beating Crewe.
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

All the best to CTFC at Wembley and well done the Robins. Cheltenham is one of my fave away days as it's only an hour from Oxford and my daughter lives just down the road in the town centre. She also did her degree at the university at Pittsville Campus and graduated two years ago and stayed on there to live and work.
Good, friendly club and well deserving of your chance in league one. We will meet again, but not yet! :clap:
Oblivion!!!!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

brucie wrote:yes see you next season. Based on what I saw you have not got a prayer of beating Crewe.
There's always one, and it's always you.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

ferrarilover wrote: There's always one, and it's always you.

Matt.
+1 for Matt.

That gives you....1
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.