Northampton Town v Torquay United - 29/3/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Looking forward to the game tonight, Sixfields is a nice easy ground to get too and we have got some good results there in the past.

Just the 6hrs left of work to get out of the way first!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Are any of you meeting up in a boozer or wherever beforehand? Like Luke says, it would be good to say hello and plus they've got toilets in there. :)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

The bowling alley has a bar. It's right next to the ground. That's the nearest boozer
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

See you in there then USA? :clap: :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

My ex was a manager of that alley so I used to get free beer in there lol
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Bugger a bowling alley, I'm not 15 anymore!

Let's find a proper boozer!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

cambgull wrote:Bugger a bowling alley, I'm not 15 anymore!
Let's find a proper boozer!
I am! All the bloody time! :)
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

There's nothing near by
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

A bit like Accrington then. :~D
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

Really looking forward to this one - my local game so only a 20 minute journey to Sixfields for me.

A month or so ago I'd have said we'd get thrashed this evening. Thanks to our upturn in form, I reckon we can get at least a draw tonight, if not nick all three.

Cobblers aren't a great side. They're very effective, and get results, but they aren't that good. If we can open them up early on like we have in the last two games, we could have a chance.

Aside from the having to bring Nicho back in, I reckon the only other change we should make is Downes in for McDonald (not that Angus has done wrong, just that we could benefit from Downes experience against Bayo).

Hopefully we can get something, and not lose the momentum we've built up. COYY's!!
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Driving up from Essex this afternoon - that's three away games in a row and Gillingham next week will make it four. Strange how the fixture computer has given us four consecutive games within easy reach of London.

Hoping we won't sit back but aim for a win, although I'd be very happy with a draw.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

a horrible looking assignment for us tonight, but hopefully mr knill will continue with his attack minded policy and they wont know whats hit them!! the central defender will earn their money tonight up against bayo, but hopefully their mobility will confuse him? will def be bruised tomorrow morning tho!!
i'm gonna say 0-2 away win to surprise the whole of the footballing world!!

ps i'm out drinking from half 5 so doubtful you'll hear a peep from me!!
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

bixieupnorth wrote:a horrible looking assignment for us tonight, but hopefully mr knill will continue with his attack minded policy and they wont know whats hit them!! the central defender will earn their money tonight up against bayo, but hopefully their mobility will confuse him? will def be bruised tomorrow morning tho!!
i'm gonna say 0-2 away win to surprise the whole of the footballing world!!

ps i'm out drinking from half 5 so doubtful you'll hear a peep from me!!

Thank f*ck for that! :lol: Not that it matters as i'll be at the game!!!!!!!!! :goal: :scarf: :clap:

I've got my Mrs Doyle head on and i'm replacing the 'GO' with the word 'COME' so...............

COME ON COME ON COME ON COME ON COME ON COME ON COME ON COME ON COME ON COME ON COME ON COME ON COME ON YOU YELLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Setting off in a bit and as usual i'm so excited i think i probably AM 15 years old and as usual i'm struggling not to soil myself with excitement. That tells you how bad we were under Ling that i never sh*t myself once!!! :rofl:
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Half Time :

Barnet v Daggers 0-0
Dale v Shots 0-0
Wiki v Stanley 0-0
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

So are we meeting up in the Bowling Alley then?
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"