Torquay United v Bradford City - 1/4/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

coley wrote:I see it as a point gained by York especially as we lost. York are struggling and I don't think they will overtake us BUT the point is that others are gaining unexpected points, we are not, we have just got ourselves back in the fight but still need to'step up a gear'. People seem to have got it into their heads that 50 points will be enough (historically) but there is a real fight going on. The target should be 52...A lot hinges on Monday, a win would be great, a draw puts on pressure and a loss will be tragic and probably put us down.
i think york were more likely to get anything than we were over the weekend.

as ive said, its not about a target number of points - we just need to concentrate on our games and winning - no-one knows how many points we need.

i know id rather be in our position than yorks or the shots.

its still in our own hands for gods sake!
Last edited by SuperNickyWroe on 31 Mar 2013, 13:13, edited 1 time in total.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Agree totally with that super. Take our games one at a time and try and get however many points we can. At the moment we're in a better position than them so just concentrate on getting results and if we're good enough we'll stay up.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I thought Bradford were pretty ordinary against us at their place. Considering they had almost 100% possession, they huffed and puffed but didn't really play a great deal of effective football. Think we can win this. We were robbed last time out against a team who will undoubtedly be better than Bradford. Provided the Chairman of the Bradford City Supporters Association isn't refereeing, we can take the points.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

I think I'll be in attendance for this one; with the father and some Torquay first-timers. I haven't been in the family stand for a while but you don't have to book in advance or anything do you? I only ask as I'm unsure what crazy ideas the board might have done now that Bristow's Bench is up and running?!
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

To SteveGull: you should be fine in the Family Stand. Since the Bench opened, it hasn't had too many supporters in there, & with lower gates, has actually lacked atmosphere. It was better recently with ticketing incentives & good to hear singing last home game. Look forward to hearing you & your 'guests' ! COYY!!!!!!!! :scarf:
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stevegull »

Cheers taxilady. Not sure my rabble of friends have ever been referred to as something as formal as 'guests'!
stargull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by stargull »

I'm braving the worst of the Easter railway nonsense and will be down. It certainly feels like a must win, and will do so until about quarter to five...
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Really looking forward to this now, great to here lots of fans coming in for the match. Stevegull why the family stand, get on the popside, halfway line and have yourself a right laugh.. :scarf:
Formerly known as forevertufc
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stevegull »

I would do 'forevertufc' but my mates aren't really Torquay fans and I don't think they want to be that close to the 'die hard' section of the ground! Also, they're lazy and like having seats. I've tried chanting on the family stand before but no one really joins in unless we're smashing someone (not often!)
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

This game is massive - Win this and despite the permutations we will surely be sitting pretty with four games to go.
With this being the second game in three days I can se Knill making one or two changes. Cruise for Nico. Bodin for Chappell and possibly Downes for Macdonald.
We must be due a decision or two to go our way.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Can't wait for this, i'm not going but can't wait all the same. COME ON !!!! Like Brucie says, this is a massive game and a win and other results go our way would all but see us safe i reckon. I think it will be a draw but i'll take that. I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited for this one and i'm looking at the clock already, only 5 hours to go!! COYY!!!! :goal:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

austrianandygull wrote:Can't wait for this, i'm not going but can't wait all the same. COME ON !!!! Like Brucie says, this is a massive game and a win and other results go our way would all but see us safe i reckon. I think it will be a draw but i'll take that. I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited for this one and i'm looking at the clock already, only 5 hours to go!! COYY!!!! :goal:
Have you tried seeing a counsellor, Andy..? =D
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Too much work there for one solitary professional, he'd need a collection of some of the most skilfull cranium drillers in the world just to touch the surface of his problems :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

:lol:

Thanks Mick and Dave ( sounds like a dodgy 80's pop combo that! :-/ ). :na:

I've tried DIY trepanning but it didn't work. ;-) :)
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

Looking forward to this one - my first home game in ages.

Fancy us to get a win. Don't know why - just feel it will happen. Would probably settle for a draw, but a win would be great considering it's Gillingham next weekend.

COYY'S