Martin ling

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Agree with every word you said chunkygull. It's a lose lose for all parties.

Martin, I thank you for getting one over on Buckle for us. Remains my favourite ever away day to date and getting us into the play-offs when many of us expected to be no where near the top.

I hope you find another job in management soon but please, why waste your time making you drive all the way down here just to sack you. Come on.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

The timing of today's news couldn't have come any better for ML, who is sure to be the bookies favourite to take over from Sir Alex. Hertfordshire to Manchester is even more of a trek mind. I'm sure his one up front approach against tinpot outfits will go down well, and maybe he can discuss tactics with those in the stretford end as he did with bristow's bench. ;-)
The original taunton_gull!!!
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Appears a lack of enthusiasm cost Lingy..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22471931
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

What a painful interview.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

NickGull wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22471931
Appears a lack of enthusiasm cost Lingy..
Very hard situation for her to be put into and felt for her throughout that. She is not a natural in that role of direct questioning and may be one of the other members of the board should have represented the club here.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Do not make the mistake of thinking Thea Bristow is a daft old woman because she may struggle to give an interview.

Thea has already shown she is capable of standing up and making a decision, and as long as Thea continues to make decisions that will help keep our club away from the bottom 2 of the football league, Thea can talk all the tripe she wants in my book.
Formerly known as forevertufc
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

The question on th assurances of Martin returning

Watch her facial expression - 'thinking: ah yes that bullcrap that martins been spouting'
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

I really hope that ML will move on and concentrate his efforts on securing a new job. Managers lose their jobs all the time. He's not the first and he will not be the last. Accept it Martin. It's life, it happens. :red:

The king is dead, long live the king.

As for Thea. She is a much stronger woman than some people give her credit for. Over time, I believe she will prove to be a very capable chairwoman. :)
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Unfair for her to be put in that position really. It might have been better if Simon Baker who is more media savvy had done the interview.
She was placed in a very difficult position in all honesty and probably could not reallly say what she wanted to about LIng.
Good luck to her thats what I say.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Thea Bristow today on BBC Sport website saying that the reason Ling was sacked was because he was struggling to motivate the players and for his lack of enthusiasm.

She said, "The team needs motivation of a different kind from what Martin was bringing".

SO DID THE F*CKING FANS LOVE!! :rofl:

Whoever told her to say that was spot on IMO. We were seriously like 28 Days Later under Ling, we were a team united alright, fans and players together in a zombie like trance - encompassing the footballing equivalent of the undead. In fact maybe that was a tactic of Ling's all along, to brainwash us all so that we'd be so unresponsive as humans that we'd just go along to every game regardless, it wouldn't matter if we played well as we were all comatose in preparation for ingestion and replication by the bodysnatchers from another world (hertfordshire - well i suppose technically it is as it's near to London and London is like ANOTHER F*CKING PLANET MAN!!!! :) ).

Fans were bored even when we were doing well so either Martin is suffering from a form of OCD whereby he has to facilitate his repetetive behaviours in his team selections and tactics, either he is just stubborn as he thought he knew best or he's really a bit simple in the sense that he really had no idea why a lot of fans were unhappy. Whichever it was, he had chance after chance after chance to try and chop and change things around, to try and ignite a spark, to get things buzzing again but he couldn't. We all craved the odd performance out of the blue to blow us away, for Martin to just be brave attacking wise and suck it and see, he couldn't do this and therefore the statement today from Thea Bristow is so accurate it's untrue and i'd have sacked him alone for this reason.

Plainmoor was like Raccoon City under Ling. There was definately a resident evil wandering the pitch with those infected suffering the main clinical symptom of the L-Virus (Ling - virus) which was severe motor problems which seemed to get worse the closer to the halfway line they got, the symptoms only alleviated when retreating back deep into their own half where they could pass the ball to each other just yards apart. The Nemesis was in the dugout oddly enough wearing a f*cking suit! :-/ - these zombie bosses get weirder! The Nemesis had been kept in a top secret secure Government facility in deepest Cambridgeshire in the years before his test trial. His test trial came at the Abbey Stadium as manager of Cambridge United and the reports were good. They became a sh*t team too and also played a dire brand of football which is what the Nemesis was programmed to do all along. :nod:

The programming of this beast turned out to be something only a 4 year old could have done and it didn't need thousands of Government goons in a secret research facility to do this. They realised this so plucked a schoolboy from his class at a primary school in Histon and whisked him away in a black vauxhall astra with side impact bars and a walnut interior to be the primary programmer of this leviathan of footballing negativity. The schoolboy was plied with milky bars and cupfuls of red bull and told to do his work..................he did. :-o

PROGRAMME 1 = IN OPPONENTS HALF + BALL = GOOD (REJECT) LIGHT IS HERE
IN OWN HALF + BALL = BAD (ACCEPT) DARKNESS IS HERE

ACCEPT BAD AND REJECT GOOD = OBJECTIVE : DON'T CROSS THE HALF WAY LINE - YOU NEED THE DARK!

And so it was set - the Nemesis had been faultlessly and painstakingly programmed and got a job as manager of Torquay United and the rest is history.

Plainmoor was now Raccoon City and Silent Hill all rolled into one and on matchdays the fans filed through the turnstiles like cadavers with ADHD and once they had settled in to watching the team play under the influence of the L-Virus they became like the army of soldiers in a dictatorship, still, motionless and braindead. The only semblance of human activity was usually only to be found in the away end but as Torquay were playing Rotherham then everyone was clinically deceased effectively. It was a grim sight and the future of football under the Nemesis, someone had to break this cycle, someone had to return these shells of humans back to their loving families and back into society relatively unaffected by the virus they had contracted from this footballing evil.

Only one person had the antidote, an iron lady called Thea Bristow. She along with her cohorts at TUFC HQ had the power in their hands to save TQ1 and to return the feelgood factor back to Plainmoor once more. The decision was made to terminate the Nemesis and send it back to the footballing hell from whence it came, back to a life of drooling over Arsenal DVD'S in the early 90's under George Graham and plotting to replicate this with vastly inferior zombies (players) at a small league club. Plymouth should be next up then. =D

The choking grip the Nemesis had on Plainmoor was relinquished and immediately the fans sat in the bench began to return to normal, humans. Singing and chanting as did the fans in the family stand too. The ones in the pop stayed the same, they always look like friggin' zombies anyway. And as for the Rotherham fans, well lets just say it wasn't an improvement. Even the Chuckle Brothers weren't laughing at the state they were in. Well, with villages like Rawmarsh, Wath, Parkgate, Kimberworth and Swinton YOU wouldn't feel alive either if you lived in one of those ploptastic places. :'(

Torquay United had been saved and some of the infected players who failed to respond to the antidote had to be dealt with severely and were not offered new contracts. There had to be a clearout to eliminate all traces of the virus around Plainmoor - it had to be done. Macklin, Stevens, Baker, Halpin they were all infected to the point of no return and had to go but fans thought Oastler would be ok after the vaccine but it was no use, the virus had mutated into a new strain called, the 'Ling & Taylor made me play like a numb octopus OMFG1LOL1 virus' for which there was simply no cure. Oastler had to be released. :-/

Other players have responded well to the antidote such as Downes and Saah and are expected to make a full recovery within the week and say thanks to Thea for saving them by signing new contracts and others have recovered fully already and are already contracted to the club.

As the winds of change swirl around Plainmoor the excitement and anticipation is building as to what will happen from now on, who will sign, what is to unfold and the prospect of seeing more then one yellow shirt in the oppositions half next season and drooling over more than one shot at goal away from home. Our football season won't mirror Silent Hill, daylight one minute (home games) and the next darkness returns (away games). I feel like dancing and i would too, believe me, if i weren't 17 stone i seriously would give it a go right now in my kitchen even with my cats watching. I don't care, i'm a maverick and a bit of a rebel, i'll ring people's doorbells and run off and stuff. I'm so excited and i just can't hide it, i know, i know, i know, i know, i know, i want you (Knill)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bow: Or a song for Ling to the tune of Sleepy Jean

Bye bye Ling & T (taylor)
you nearly took us to the BSP
coz you're both - sh*t football managers
i'm not a zombie! :)

WE ARE SAFE FROM FOOTBALLING EVIL!!!!!!!!!!! AND I'M NO LONGER A ZOMBIE!!!!!!!! WHO'S GOT A JUKEBOX? SOMEONE STICK THE F*CKING CRANBERRIES ON!! :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

hang in there Andy, the nice men with white coats are coming, they'll look after you !!!!! :rofl: But it's lovely to know that I've been saved from the virus you describe so succinctly!
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

taxilady wrote:hang in there Andy, the nice men with white coats are coming, they'll look after you !!!!! :rofl: But it's lovely to know that I've been saved from the virus you describe so succinctly!
dont worry about that me old flower. they know him that well they dont need a sat-nav to find his house. he also has his own "special" jacket with his name on and a reserved room when he arrives at the funny farm now.........
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: dont worry about that me old flower. they know him that well they dont need a sat-nav to find his house. he also has his own "special" jacket with his name on and a reserved room when he arrives at the funny farm now.........
That's why Andy likes Spongebob. It's the only toy he is allowed to pay with so he don't hurt himself, :~D
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

usagullmichigan wrote:
That's why Andy likes Spongebob. It's the only toy he is allowed to pay with so he don't hurt himself, :~D

true mate, but it still requires professional supervision.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Hilarious post but near the truth.