2013/14 Away Kit

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Bloggy wrote:A hanger would have been more appealing than a 'resusci anne'!
and its only half an annie...............
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

When did Gazza sign for us?

Shirt will do, better than shirt G...
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

new away shirt? where can we see it please?
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I think he means that we retain the existing away shirt which is still new-ish but just that they've made some more with the new logo on. I don't think we're getting a totally new away shirt FG. If we were then i imagine there would be few unhappy fans out there who have already bought one only for it to last a year.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Forest gull »

OK thanks buddy, silly me eh.....
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

We are also going to have a third choice strip next year-Sky Blue(as per Coventry),in case away kit causes colour clash problems.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Behind-the-Gulls wrote:We are also going to have a third choice strip next year-Sky Blue(as per Coventry),in case away kit causes colour clash problems.
Interesting! Will this one by available to purchase or will it just be an emergency one??
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Suggest we ask Andy Candy.
sam
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: downes

Post by sam »

Am I the only one who thinks away kits are complete tosh. I know its the trend but is it an actual requirement from the Football League that teams have to have two kits. We play in yellow and blue and out of the remaining 23 teams in the league, on how many occasions does our kit clash with the home team, not many. It's OK for Man U etc to make more money at the expense of their prawn sandwich eating fans but can't we just play in our colours.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell

Post by SteveDeckchair »

New shirts = money into the club.

Are you really suggesting we don't need the money?
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Away kits are fine but 3rd ones are taking the p*ss. Should a side coming to Plainmoor have colours that clash with ours then we should switch to our away shirt as happened in the ridiculous game that was Northampton at home last season where they wore their illuminous yellowy/greeny shirt and eventually we had to change into our dark away shirts. Quite who made the decision to let Northampton travel down to Torquay with a kit that obviously would have clashed with ours needs to be fired and dumped into a deep disused canal with a lifejacket and a big sign around his neck saying, "don't rescue me". Most kit men who work for clubs who play in yellow, faded green or similar would take their away kits and if their away kits were these colours then they should take their home kits.

In actual fact, I don't know why i'm writing this because so long as clubs have 2 kits of different colour then there should never be an issue with colour clashes and nor is there any need whatsoever for a 3rd kit unless it's a commemorative special release or something like that. I want the club to make money Steve but I 99 times out of a 100 buy a home shirt out of routine the only exception being our last one as I just thought it was absolutely horrendous in every department and I don't even think the club deserved my money for letting something as horrendous as that hit the shelves. I rarely buy away shirts unless they are reduced or just so likeable that I can't resist (none have fitted into this category in the last several years though ) so a 3rd kit would have to be the absolute dogs to make me buy it and given our track record for appalling kits and ballsing up with the designs etc then that is unlikely so it's debatable how much the club would actually make if the 3rd shirt was plain and boring like the current away shirt.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Matt85
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Matt85 »

I would love a sky blue 3rd strip! If it potentially means more money for the club then why not. I would go as far to say I'd prefer a sky blue colour more so for our 2nd strip than the existing dark colour we have. Lets wait and see!
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

It's up to the away club to change shirts, it shouldn't of been us
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Yellow4life wrote:It's up to the away club to change shirts, it shouldn't of been us
That's why the bloke responsible is such a c*ck. Not only did they turn up with a kit that would obviously clash but they didn't have their home kit with them to change into either so it had to be us who switched shirts or play in skins. :Z
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

Personally, I think that there should be TWO kits per club, and regulations dictating a range of colours that your away shirt must be chosen from depending on the primary colour(s) of your home shirt. I remember a couple of seasons a go, Barcelona had an away shirt that was basically their home colours with the blue a little more prevalent. Absolute joke, all just an attempt to gain a slight advantage.