is this the most boring summer ever??!!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

even the league cup draw is boring!!
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

downes the highlight, the fixtures disappointed me, being a northern based gull there proved to be almost nothing to look forward to, highly unlikely that i'll get home for xmas and new year as usual, york and burton on a tuesday, i need some players to spark some life into my summer please!!
still keeping the faith
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

bixieupnorth wrote:downes the highlight, the fixtures disappointed me, being a northern based gull there proved to be almost nothing to look forward to, highly unlikely that i'll get home for xmas and new year as usual, york and burton on a tuesday, i need some players to spark some life into my summer please!!
stop moaning for gods sake..............
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

bixieupnorth wrote:so has he gone once again?? i've lost count of the times now! come back andreas!!
for crying out loud, whats wrong with the mad bi-polar derbyshire ponce now? :no: :devil:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

tick tock tick tock, another day passes by!

been to chesterfield today, for a stroll along the canal, and then into valley reclamation, getting flags, bricks, sleepers etc for big garden project. i noticed a very funny smell, but no sign of andy while i was there!! i do hope hes ok this time?!
still keeping the faith
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

bixieupnorth wrote:tick tock tick tock, another day passes by!

been to chesterfield today, for a stroll along the canal, and then into valley reclamation, getting flags, bricks, sleepers etc for big garden project. i noticed a very funny smell, but no sign of andy while i was there!! i do hope hes ok this time?!
Andy is fine, i spoke to him yesterday during Ascot .. I Think he had a winner or two.
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

To be honest, I'm enjoying the break.

Last season was such a disappointment and the journey down for each home game became more and more of an effort as the season dragged on. The fixtures were never going to be exciting BUT we do have a trip to Portsmouth to look forward to!

The transfer wheels will creak into action over the next few weeks now that players contracts are coming to an end. We'll start to see who's available for free and then the speculation can start again.

A pre-season friendly against a decent Championship/Premier club would generate interest too, but for now, I'll go back to the Lions on Tour and the Ashes when they start.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

dinner time on another dull day tufc watching!!
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

july soon
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

june 25th, is today the day then?? i want some signings and i want them now!!
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

another working day been and almost gone, fingers crossed for news tomorrow
still keeping the faith
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

5 weeks and 5 days to go until the opening League game. Could somebody please wake me up nearer the day.. :zzz:
thegreedygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by thegreedygull »

summer time and the living is easy.........
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

well at least there was some movement today, albeit it in the direction none of us were expecting!!

how many players is that we need for a full squad now??!! roll on monday and the day after the players contracts run out, hoping for a glut of new signings
still keeping the faith
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

hmmm .... starting to get a little worried now as it seems this piece on the OS is preparing us for disappointment on Friday ....

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 81954.aspx

It appears that we might have to wait ANOTHER couple of weeks before (hopefully) we start to see additions. Normally, I wouldn't have a problem with that BUT the scale of the rebuilding job - we are now ELEVEN players down (THIRTEEN if you include the two trialists) on the squad of players that was available to pick from in April and yet it seems we are now being told (if I am reading it right) that we will have to wait up to another couple of weeks for any movement? That will leave us just three weeks to prepare for the start of the season and "bed in" the FIVE or SIX players (minimum) which are surely needed to fill the vacant positions in the starting XI !!!

I know it's a waiting game and all that, but this is beginning to feel like quite a high risk strategy! Without question, the current squad as it stands is nowhere near good enough to compete at this level and reading between the lines it seems to me as though Alan Knill cuts quite a frustrated figure with how the recruitment process is going, particularly when he talks about "normal" people and his Dad and all that. We all know that being a professional footballer is not a "normal" way to earn a living and their expectations viz reward/lifestyle are always likely (even at our level) to be a lot higher than "your average man in the street"!

The particular quote that worries me is "that some players are arguing over £50" which admittedly seems a little petty .... but unfortunately Alan that works BOTH WAYS ... in other words, in our situation, is it really worth our football club haggling over £50 (a week presumably) when we are so short of players. Like I say, it seems a high risk strategy in our undoubtedly precarious situation!

A little more worried than I was yesterday! :-/
Last edited by CP Gull on 26 Jun 2013, 22:02, edited 1 time in total.