Player to bring in (suggestions)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Not really. We don't have Howe, Saah and Morris on the wage bill as we did when we were looking at Logan.
exiledgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jarvis

Post by exiledgull »

Not too sure about Logan in recent years, decent all round player but can we do better?
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Jerry, I see now that you are right, Haps was referring to the Ricoh, not Sixfields.

As to Loganberry, I didn't want him before when we were desperate, I certainly don't want him now we're not.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Still feeling a little sheepish after my previous post on the other thread :Oops: but ploughing on regardless!

So is it just me or has the rumour mill quietened down with regards to new signings?
Is there any news (or idle gossip) on the defenders/midfielders/strikers? I am really happy with the signings so far but that has just fed my need for more!
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I thought Logan would be brought in as a backup? To compare Logan and Manset is completely different, one was destined to play 5 games a season, the other would play the entire season.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
exiledgull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by exiledgull »

PhilGull wrote:Still feeling a little sheepish after my previous post on the other thread :Oops: but ploughing on regardless!

So is it just me or has the rumour mill quietened down with regards to new signings?
Is there any news (or idle gossip) on the defenders/midfielders/strikers? I am really happy with the signings so far but that has just fed my need for more!
The rumours flying around that I've seen are:

Trotman
Mozika
Harding
Andy Bishop - signed for Wrexham
Manset - signing for Coventry according to rumours
Jayden Stockley - on loan
Benson

No idea how true there are but it's not a bad list.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Scrap Manset, he is going to Coventry. A couple of those others (not necessarily the least exciting ones either) look pretty close to the mark, to me.

Matt.
godfather_tufc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: rice

Post by godfather_tufc »

Jordan Robertson scored for Mansfield tonight,

Also does anyone know what the gate prices will be for the Yeovil game on tuesday?
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

That's disheartening, although not devastating. Any idea where he lives?

Matt.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

godfather_tufc wrote:Jordan Robertson scored for Mansfield tonight,

Also does anyone know what the gate prices will be for the Yeovil game on tuesday?
Adults - £10
Concessions - £5
18 and under - £1

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 03553.aspx
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Starting to get a little concerned as our first game is just over 3 weeks away and we still need another 4 or 5 players including a centre back, a centre forward and possibly a few others. I did think that our complete squad would have been assembled at the very latest by the end of this week but it hasn't been yet. Still keeping the faith but there are still vitally important areas we need established players in and i'm beginning to show a little concern.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
exiledgull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by exiledgull »

They are vitally important that we get them right! If we rush now and sign the wrong player, we will all moan all season it wasn't the correct signing. Lets see what team we put out for Wimbeldon.

I'm sure as the days go on more signings will be made.
Tavistock Bruce
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Tavistock Bruce »

It is getting a bit worrying. I am particularly concerned about the Rene Howe replacement. Rene I feel did a lot of the work for a team that was not playing very well. When he got seemingly frustrated after Christmas we cascaded downward. The signing to date have been positive but the quality (or otherwise) of his replacement will be key to our season.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

In an article in the Herald this morning AK said 2 players would be joining the squad after the marines game.
http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/Rene-Howe- ... z2YkrTv0N4
A centre-forward and a centre-half
TUST number 080
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Starting to get a little concerned as our first game is just over 3 weeks away and we still need another 4 or 5 players including a centre back, a centre forward and possibly a few others. I did think that our complete squad would have been assembled at the very latest by the end of this week but it hasn't been yet. Still keeping the faith but there are still vitally important areas we need established players in and i'm beginning to show a little concern.
Yes, we have only signed 2 experienced players, Benyon & Tonge & one was not playing first team football last season until he came to us on loan, & the other only played 11 games. The other two, Chapell & Cameron which I am very pleased with ( I think ) are " icing on the cake players " We seem to be struggling with "the backbone of the team " . It looks like Knill is having problems replacing Howe, Saah & Jarvis, & I.M.O. we also need a quality midfielder. We can only hope that these replacements are ready to sign, or season long loans have already been arranged.