Player to bring in (suggestions)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

brooker wrote:In light of the two trialists getting a yes or no after tomorrows game, are we still expecting a forward and defender to sign today like Knill said could happen earlier in the week?

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 17018.aspx
Knill did say he was looking for two strikers so I guess that is a possibility.
From what Knill has been quoted as saying I get the feeling neither of the two trialists, especially Cooper are his first choice so I guess maybe if someone better did agree to whatever deal they've been offered then we could see something.

I do get the feeling that Knill is now starting to find difficulty in getting his preferred candidates in.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

i think you will see a couple of preferred signings in over the next day or two and i think cooper would be a good signing.
james707
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by james707 »

Any clues ROADRUNNER?????
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

ROADRUNNER wrote:i think you will see a couple of preferred signings in over the next day or two and i think cooper would be a good signing.
Hope you are right as we're nippy up top and on the wings but that's it. If a team Northampton-esque bully us off the ball with such a similar forward line then we may struggle as we have zero physicality up there IMO. Fingers crossed Knill brings in someone of this ilk.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

....seems the Coventry Manager is keen to sign Manset, who may or may not have been a target of ours!

http://www.coventrycitymad.co.uk/news/t ... ndex.shtml?

It probably all depends on whether Coventry agree on a CVA - meeting due today - and they are able to exit administration - in which case they should be able to then get the transfer embargo lifted sooner rather than later and will be free to add to their squad. Clearly Manset has impressed Pressley though.

Beginning to get a little concerned about our own situation again! (not helped by the fact that Knilly keeps saying something is going to happen i.e. player(s) in by Friday, and nothing happens!) as we are clearly short of a couple up front and if Rendell isn't the answer then we need to look elsewhere but it's fair to say that quite a few of the (decent) available strikers are now fixed up ... although there is always, of course, the loan market which may well be where we end up having to turn to to fill the gaps.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Get the impression it's the end of the road for Rendell here really..

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 36052.aspx

Quite glad if it is to be honest!
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Unfortunate for Scott, but the right decision. Is it me, or does it sound as though we are getting just a little desperate?

Not expecting a striker to sign before tomorrow night, so that leaves just the one remaining friendly to get someone in before the serious stuff starts ... even if we do manage to get someone in by Saturday, it's not exactly ideal that they will have only had the one friendly game to get to know the rest of the team ... would have preferred someone to have had half a dozen matches really. Beginning to look increasingly likely that it will be either Benyon/Bodin or Benyon/Yeoman as the strike pairing for the starter v AFCW.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

The way that was worded makes it sound like the Stockley thing might not be sorted as yet? Before Stockley's denial on twitter and this article I fully expected him and Benyon to be first choice this year.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

No its not you it does seem that the Knill wagon train of signings has lost a couple of its wheels. Last week we were told that a loan striker would be here by Friday - nothing happened. Our star triallist Rendell was so unfit he has done his hamstring and it seems likely that we may sign a midfielder who can fill in at the back as our main centre half.
I just don't subscribe to this theory that Poker face Knill is still holding out whilst all these star players are beginning to panic because they havn't got a club.
He has been to Paris and back but no players have followed him.
Hopefully I will be proved wrong but I have an uneasy feeling the box is empty.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Sounds like Rendell was going to be signed by us had he not pinged his hamstring.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

For the love of God, everyone be cool. These things take time.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

ferrarilover wrote:For the love of God, everyone be cool. These things take time.

Matt.
Granted but this close to the first game we aren't exactly going to be hitting the ground running.
Warwick
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Sills

Post by Warwick »

Seems like there is now a serious lack of irons in the fire, or fingers in pies!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Or maybe things just take time? Knill has already told us that loanees stay with their parent clubs until preseason is finished. Preseason is a fortnight from finished.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"