Player to bring in (suggestions)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Plucking a name from the sky, Paul Benson not wanted at Swindon he'd do us a little shift up front for a year or two. Proven in this division.
exiledgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jarvis

Post by exiledgull »

Surely Benson is a step above what we could acquire.

Isn't he a vital part of Swindon team now that Collins looks set to leave?
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

They didn't take him on their pre seaosn tour so sounds like he's not required.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

10 days until the start of the season and we haven't secured a quality striker or centre back. Could it be due to Knil's budget not being that attractive this season?

On a more positve note, there is a slight possibility of uncovering a couple of decent (desperate) players in the coming days.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

exiledgull wrote:I asked my source at TUFC and he said is complete nonsense, and that he wasn't ever mentioned as a likely candidate for a trial.

Depends who your source is. I spoke to the player himself. Ask CB and he will tell you if its nonsense or not.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

kevgull wrote:10 days until the start of the season and we haven't secured a quality striker or centre back. Could it be due to Knil's budget not being that attractive this season?

On a more positve note, there is a slight possibility of uncovering a couple of decent (desperate) players in the coming days.

Yes we have, they're completing pre-season with their respective parent clubs.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

ferrarilover wrote:
Yes we have, they're completing pre-season with their respective parent clubs.

Matt.
What I don't understand is that if we have already signed/secured them, then there is no chance of us losing them to another club, so where is the harm in announcing the signings & explaining that they will not be available until just before the season starts, if they are any bl##dy good then perhaps the season ticket sales would improve!. Additionally why has Knill bothered to trial unfit players ( Rendell ) if he has already signed the players that he wants..
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

Neal Trotman and Paul Benson?
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I'm being a little premature in suggesting we've actually signed these players. We haven't, hence no announcement. That said, my 'be cool' stance is one which stands firm. The players are out there, some of the names mentioned are (and have been for some time) on the radar should these first choice signings fall through. Now, football being the way it is, that is always a possibility. However, there is absolutely nothing on the horizon presently which is likely to derail our proposed signings.
There's a load of old shit on here (as usual) about both the club and the manager being hopeless because we haven't signed three dozen players 5 minutes into the summer break.
These things take time. If Knill says he's got things in hand, then he's got things in hand. He's been about far too long to be all mouth and no trousers. Think back to that prat who tried to buy Man Utd all those years ago. He was outed as a fraud after about 5 minutes. The same would be true of Knill (or any manager).

Have faith. I know it's tough after Ling and his limited ability in the transfer market (perhaps it was limited ambition, I don't know), but please, just trust me or trust Knill or trust the Board or a combination of all three, but please, for your sake if no one else's, have faith. It'll be alright on the night.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

In Matt we trust! Arf Arf.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
TorquayBoy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by TorquayBoy »

Totally agree with Matt here. To be honest, it just sounds like a load of old men with too much time on their hands squabbling over something that can't be answered :)
Personally I think knill is probably one of the most intelligent managers we've had here, not to mention his insight into the future with prospects such as Bodin, Thompson, Yeoman, Cameron etc. I trust Knill much more than I did Ling, and I think we're in for a good season of football!

Looking forward the benefit of pacy wingers on Fifa 14 too :P

Sam.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

you will all be pleased to here that they hope to have a striker and centre half in for saturday, perhaps things will calm down on here a bit now. :)
OhJimmyJimmy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by OhJimmyJimmy »

Signed or on trial roadrunner?
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I'd say signed. Not much point trialling someone now in my opinion.
OhJimmyJimmy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by OhJimmyJimmy »

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/Plymout ... z2a2k0Z7g7

Interesting trial game coming up on Sunday......